I just stayed at this property with myself and five children, ages 4-14. We stayed in one of the large suites at the corner of the property facing the ballpark and Children's Discovery Museum.
First impression of the hotel was outstanding -- we spoke with Fred at the front desk to make our reservations. We were deciding between this property and a Residence Inn outside of town, and after speaking with Fred, we were sold. I figured that if everyone working at the hotel was as polite as him, it would be the perfect place for us.
The hotel was newer and had great contemporary green and red tone colors with local artwork built into the architecture. Rooms were very nice, and we had a large flat panel TV and large corner balcony to enjoy the night after spending the day taking in the sights of Chattanooga. Our room had a microfridge included, so we brought our own water in and didn't feel nickeled and dimed for drinks in the room.
Nick at the front desk got us checked in and saw us a few times during our stay and always asked if there was anything he could help us with. Parking was available in the attached garage, and although it was a bit cramped for our Toyota Sequoia, it was much better than having to find a place to park elsewhere in downtown. This hotel was really convenient, so we were able to walk to the aquarium and everything else downtown.
Breakfast was busy down in the lobby area, and the serving area was uniquely "hidden" during the daytime behind pocket doors. Seating doubled as a lounge / waiting area outside of breakfast hours. During breakfast one morning, my daughter and I spoke with Jessica, who was so nice and let us stay for a few extra minutes to make a waffle for the 4-year old, who we let sleep in late.
Their pool area was really fun for me and the kids. I'm not much of a pool person, but I really enjoyed their pool -- it was both indoor & outdoor, had a variety of depths and shallow seating areas, and two water features (a waterfall from a pergola and several sprays of water from the sidewalk into the pool itself). They had a fire pit and a fireplace, but there was no need for that to be on since it was over 100 degrees during the day.
While the hotel was quite nice, the staff that we interacted with really made a difference ... employees like Fred, Nick, and Jessica are what really makes a good hotel a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the heart of downtown Chattanooga! Within a few blocks of the hotel you will find the Tennessee Aquarium, Creative Discovery Museum, IMAX, and over 30-restaurants! Whether visiting Chattanooga for business or pleasure, in a single room or suite, you'll enjoy all of the extras our hotel has to offer. They're part of what makes staying at a Hampton Inn and Suites a very special value. As a proud member of the Hilton family of hotels, you can earn Hilton HHonors® hotel points and airline miles for your stay. Hampton Inn and Suites guests also enjoy a variety of free services including our On the House® hot breakfast with delicious offerings, On the Run Breakfast Bags™ (Monday-Friday), high-speed Internet access in all rooms, wireless Internet access in the lobby and meeting rooms, 24 hour coffee in the lobby, local calls, and an in-room movie channel. Our friendly service and free amenities are all backed by our 100% Hampton Guarantee™. If you're not 100% satisfied, we don't expect you to pay. That's our promise and your guarantee. That's 100% Hampton.™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Chattanooga / Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chattanooga / Downtown Hotel Chattanooga