“Peaceful and Interesting” 4 of 5 stars

Chattanooga, Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
“Peaceful and Interesting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

The reflection riding and the trails were all beautiful, and I loved the signs along the riding with the war history in the area. It's a lengthy drive that's worth the $10.
The tree house is really neat, and canoe rentals are affordable. The wildlife trail made me kind of sad at first, because I felt like the cages were small for the animals until I learned that all the animals had either been injured or habituated to humans and couldn't go back in the wild (quoting from a sign!) so it made me feel better that it wasn't just another sad zoo. I liked the variety of animals; they're not the kind you see every day, at least close up!
The Chattanoog Visitor's Bureau website has coupons for buy one adult admission get one free, so we were able to pay $10 instead of $20 which was great. The only reason it's not 5 stars was because at some points it felt like something I could see any day for free and it got a little boring, but for the most part I enjoyed it.

Visited July 2013

Corryton
31 attraction reviews
“Ok visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband, 2 kids, and I visited during our day trip to Chattanooga. I expected more for the price. (Luckily the kids got in free). It was really pretty I just didn't feel that it was worth $20 for my husband and I.

Visited June 2013
Huntington, West Virginia
18 attraction reviews
“In the woods near the city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great morning's outing with grandchildren (9, 7, 3). A little display room...trails to walk...a few bird/animal exhibits. Saw wild turkeys on the drive -- bet scenery is extra pretty in the spring or fall. Staff was very friendly. Would be nice to have more programs.

Fort Myers, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“A nice respite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was a little side trip that we did after coming off of Lookout Mountain. Some of the nature trails were closed because of the recent rains and they were under water. But, we were able to take the driving path and enjoy some of the flowering plants and trees and see some of the flooding. We also saw a 4 foot Pine snake crossing the road and a wild turkey as we were getting back to the visitors center.

Los Angeles
76 attraction reviews
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Based upon the web site we were anticipating an interesting arboretum. Well, that is not quite the case. An interesting drive around the property; we stopped at the Pavillion for a bite to eat and tried to find a trail head to walk. The map shows several trails with distances clearly noted, but there is no signage in the attraction. We were also a bit surprised to find that the toilets by the Pavillion are only unlocked when the site is rented out. Otherwise, the only toilet facility is at the entrance station. The trails are not well maintained - it simply appears that the nonprofit running this place does not have the funds to maintain the rather large property.