“Worth Visiting Again and Again” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 661 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Vegetarian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast
“Worth Visiting Again and Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We had a vegetarian and a non-vegetarian in our party, and both were equally impressed with the food here - unique, tasty, healthy, and filling. There are tons of options on the menu, and we'll definitely be back to try more of them. Bonus points to Sluggo's North for providing silverware and non-disposable cups and plates!

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great Food, and I'm Not Vegan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

I was very hesitant, but I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. I had the "club" sandwich... each of the 'meat substitutes' were made in-house, and I loved it! The beer selection was also excellent... Definitely worth a visit - don't be scared!

illinois
“Yummy Vegetarian food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great vegetarian food...even meat-eaters would enjoy the many options.

Visited December 2011
“Pretty great vegan food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

I'm not a vegetarian, but I am a foodie and will try just about anything. I eat here occasionally for lunch. The potstickers are quite delicious, and the Thai chili bowl is pretty good too. If you're vegan, it's probably amazing. I just thought it would be a little better with some chicken :) but everything seems fresh and tastes good, I'd recommend it. I'm sure vegetarians and vegans would most appreciate sluggos, but adventurous omnivores can as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Little gem of a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Having travelled around USA for almost two weeks the family were getting really fed up of eating fries and baked potatoes (I eat meat so I love the food in USA, but the rest of the family are veg) so I came across this vegetarian restaurant in Chattanooga that I thought we'd try out, having checked out tripadvisor first. It's about a half mile from Coolidge park so conveniently located for us.

When we arrived outside the restaurant it looked more like an office building and the name - "Sluggo's" - just seems a bit weird for a vegetarian place. The family looked dismayed. There was trash piled up at the side of the building and it seemed like this place was going to disappoint.

I needn't have worried. This place is a gem. There is an extensive menu of all kinds of vegetarian delights. I started with some spicy wings served with a yoghurt dip and crunchy veg followed by a spinach, houmous and red pepper wrap. The children loved the chilli - not part of the official childrens menu but they provided us with extra bowls to share it out. My wife had a curry bowl and loved it.

I liked the fact that you take your order to the counter and pay in advance - no messing about after you've eaten, trying to get the bill, you can just relax. The staff were friendly and offered us a little taster pot of the chilli so that we could check it wasn't too hot for the children first.

I'm looking forward to going back here to try out the rest of the menu!

• Visited August 2011