“Fun and delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 707 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Taco Mamacita is a "Fresh-Mex" restaurant specializing in funky-fusion tacos, enchilladas, Peruvian chicken, fresh made guacamole and amazing margaritas!
Atlanta, GA
“Fun and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I went here twice, and tried a variety of tacos: the Sloppy Jose, the General Homeboy, the Memphis, the California Club, the Baja Fish, and the Carnitas. They were all delicious! Also, I tried the Roasted Peruvian Chicken (which was less amazing than the menu would have you believe; I couldn't even taste the lime). I also sampled most of the sides. Every item I tried (except the chicken) was amazing! The prices here are reasonable, there was never a wait, and the service is good! I tried their Pink Cadillac drink, which was delicious, and the Skinny Margarita (AVOID THIS). Anyway, I would definitely recommend this restaurant and plan to go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Birmingham, Alabama, United States
“A nice surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I knew this would be a fun place to take a group of my friends for a bachelorette night out. Tex-Mex places usually are great for that. However, Taco Mamacita exceeded all my expectations. The unique and flavorful tacos are amazing! So different from your regular quesadilla or enchilada or any other mexican dishes. The margaritas are excellent ( I had the blueberry) and do not skip on the sangria! I got the Sloppy Jose and the General Homeboy (spicy). Bother were fantastic. I had heard a lot about the corn, but wasn't too impressed. I'd probably just get three tacos next time and skip the side.

Visited February 2013
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Fun atmosphere, excellent service, good food, decent margaritas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were in town visiting some friends and they took us here for dinner. It was late on a Saturday and crowded, but we found a place at the bar and got our table as we were finishing our first drinks so the wait wasn't really bad at all. Our server was great and not only gave what seemed to be her personal opinion about menu items, but made some suggestions for customizing a couple of tacos. The kitchen may not have appreciated it, but we did. The two tacos and a side deal is a good one and allows you to try a couple of different menu items. I thought the General Homeboy was very good; the vegetarian jerk was only so-so. Others at the table got the shrimp BLT and that was a hit among those who tried it. I thought the Mexican street corn was yummy though it came to the table lukewarm. Fine by me since I would have let it cool to that point anyway, but others might get upset. The sweet potato fries were tasty but unsurprising. All in all, a good experience and I'm sure we'll go back.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cary, North Carolina
“Decent food, vegan friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had heard good things about this vegan friendly spot on North Shore- I thought it was fine, but nothing special. The service was great, but the food was just okay. I tried one of each of the vegan tacos, and the portions were so large that I couldn't finsh them. The flavors were kind of bland- not terrible, just not particularly great, either. I didn't like the black bean and corn salad at all. It was nice to see that they use a lot of natural, fresh ingredients- the mango salsa was particularly good. I like the concept, and it's a cool place to have a meal, but the food isn't anything to write home about.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Cool place with mediocre food. My wife and I both had a fish taco and a carnitas taco. Her fish taco had no fish on it, we told the server, and they replaced it. Both taco were good. Her side of sweet potato fries were cold. My charro beans were bland. The place is fine if you are looking for something quick, but I wouldn't make it a destination.

• 3 of 5 stars Food