“Excellent place to stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #32 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“Excellent place to stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed here when my son was checking in to school at SLTC in Georgia. We had stayed the night before at the La Quinta near by and definitely didn't want to stay there again. The price at Holiday Inn was only $20 more than the La Quinta and it was well worth the extra $20.The La Quinta didn't even have a matteress covers on the beds, just a thin sheet. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The beds were really comfortable and the room was clean. We got a good nights sleep in these comfy beds. We ate breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel, which was much better than the continental breakfast that you get at other hotels. It was close to Groomes transporation, which took us from Chattanooga to the Atlanta airport. We are looking forward to staying at this hotel again when my son graduates from school.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place during your recent trip through Chattanooga on your way to SLTC in Gerogia. Thank you for sharing your detailed experience on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We are priced similarly to other hotels in the Hamilton Place market, but what sets our property apart from other hotels is our top notch service team. Thank you sincerely for commending our team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome your return to Holiday Inn Chattanooga at Hamilton Place in the near future.

Dan Deaver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Roswell, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We paid a lot for a two bedroom suite. It only had one bathroom, the living room was small and uncomfortable. The restaurant was not very good and the hotel is way under staffed. I would pick a lower service for a lower price next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Frederico1st,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am very sorry to read about the troubles you encountered with the room accommodations received. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We we're heading home from Orlando and needed a place to sleep since we have about 23hrs. of drive time. I checked out the Trip Advisor and read the reviews for the Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place so we called and reserved our rooms. We were very pleased when we arrived. It is very clean, spacious, and nice modern decor. The rooms are beautifully done and very comfortable. We were also pleased with our breakfast. It was different for us to be able to order our food just like a regular restaurant instead of buffet style. We paid one price and it included up to 4 adults and the children eat for free! Very nice. My husband loved that their were t.v's at the booths to watch but I prefer family time and good conversation over cartoons while eating. Chris was very nice and accommodating and my husband enjoyed talking sports with him even though they are rival fans! Lol our overall experience was very good and we would definitely go back.
~Beth~

Stayed January 2013
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
We are so glad that you were pleased with our hotel! Your review is the exact experience we want every guest staying with us to have when departing our hotel property. Thank you kindly for your kind words and for taking the time out of your day to post your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We always get a lot of wonderful feedback about our clean spacious rooms and modern decor; and I am very pleased to read that you and your family feel the same way. Our service team is some of best professionals in the market-thank you for your warm remarks about Chris. I'm glad both Chris and your husband got the opportunity to get their sports fix for the day. Ha!

Thank you again for your time and business with us. Please let us know if your travel plans ever bring you to or through the Scenic City in the future because we'd love for you to be our guest again!

Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn 12-26 thru 12-28. From the moment we walked into the hotel I could tell how friendly all the employees, (CHRIS?) were. The Hotel is beautiful, love the decor so very modern. I would say this is the nicest Holiday Inn that I have stayed in. Our room was very comfortable. Loved the large shower enclosure! VERY CLEAN through out, from the lobby, to the resturant, to our room. I am pleased to say this is a NON smoking hotel. My husband & I smoke but that was ok, we went outside! We ate breakfast Thursday morning in the resturant. Prices were fine. My husband's eggs were a little overcooked, our waiter went back & told the chef. My husband told the waiter, (Ryan?) "OH, no it's ok I'll just eat these eggs,". Less than 2 min later the chef brought out 2 eggs..Perfectly cooked!! Thank you chef!
We had to return home a day early, due to my husband has to travel for business on Saturday
Next time we go to Chattanooga we WILL stay at the Holiday Inn HAMILTON PLACE!! Thanks!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
It is such a great feeling to read that you had a pleasant stay with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place!

We are consistently working, tweaking and improving on new creative ways to maintain and build-upon our service to provide excellent facilities and accommodation to all of our guests. We always make sure that we provide the absolute best guest service that exemplifies the Holiday Inn brand name. It is very rewarding to read that Chris, Ryan and our Chef went above and beyond to make your experience a memorable one.

On behalf of my team, we hope to have an opportunity for you to be our guest again in the near future.

Chapel Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Our family was returning from visiting St. Andrew's-Sewanee boarding school and wanted to rest up before heading back to North Carolina. Although, the strip that this hotel is on is overcrowded with hotels once you get to this property, you won't be disappointed. I was recognized as a Priority Club Member immediately during check in. Loved the indoor pool for my teens to swim in December and the business center equipment all worked. I felt very safe. Loved all the cleanliness and stylishness of the property. I would refer anyone to this property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
It’s absolutely wonderful for our staff to hear your review; as our main goal is to provide every guest with superior service and accommodations that fit the Holiday Inn brand name.

We assure you that the things you mentioned will be maintained and we will continue to provide impeccable services to our valued customers like yourself.

Thank you very much for noticing our commitment to our guests and allowing us to share in your inspiring review. We welcome you back anytime!

Gadsden, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have used tripadvisor before to look up hotels and restaurants before, but I have never felt the need to write about one myself. Hotel is about a year old but still has the brand new feel. The young man (Zach ) that checked me and my wife in was outstanding! We were visiting Chattanooga to "see the sights" and he gave us great suggestions, and directions. We had breakfast at the restaurant the morning we left and the young lady working made sure we were taken care of and the food was also good. Price was average, but we feel that we got a great deal. When we visit Chattanooga again we will be sure to stop at this hotel, even if we have to drive a little out of our way.

Room Tip: We had a high floor, it was fantastic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you for your time in posting such a great review of our hotel! Its satisfying for us as hoteliers to read great reviews like yours; as well as for us to pass along your great comments to our team.

In line with your great comments, we sincerely thank you for recognizing Zac and our Food & Beverage team. We are proud of the team we have, and personally believe we have the best service team in the city.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and for choosing to spend your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Honestly, this is the best Holiday Inn I have seen in many years. Where a lot of hotels (even Holiday Inn in many cases) are lacking in cleanliness and maintenance, this one is not. Granted, it hasn't even hit its one year birthday yet, but it is incredible and staff are truly achieving n A++++ in the upkeep of this location. It is a very hip and modern hotel as well.

Cody was wonderful at check-in and every staff member I encountered was friendy, professional, and filled with Southern hospitality. The room and common areas looked as if the place had just opened last week. The bed was comfortable and the hotel is very quiet. Hamilton Place Mall is less than a mile away and the food options are endless. I will return to this hotel every time I am in this area as long as they keep doing what they're doing.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so very much for your positive review detailing your experience with us on TripAdvisor; I am very pleased to learn that you hold such fond memories of your stay.

Our hotel property is considered the "prototype" hotel for the new Holiday Inn brand consisting of state of the art modern technology with luxurious, well appointed guest rooms like you described. We personally believe this sets us apart from other hotels in and around the Hamilton Place market within the city of Chattanooga. Our team works exceptionally hard to maintain, delivery and exceed every expectation when it comes to our guests. For all of this and more we thank you.

Next time you are in the Scenic City we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back for another great experience.

Dan Deaver

Been to Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place? Share your experiences!