“Excellant choice will stay again and again” 5 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellant choice will stay again and again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at this brand new property and were so pleased with our stay. The property was easy to find, with a short hop and we were back on the interstate however situated in a away that its very quiet and tranquil. I m very particular about cleanliness and can say the property was very clean. The staff was kind and respectful. They seemed to really want to make sure all guest happy and comfortable. The rooms were tastefully decorated and offered very comfortable furnishings. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast in their restaurant. It was all in all a very nice hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I shall certainly extend your great comments to our entire hotel , especially our Housekeeping and Food & Beverage team. It is very pleasing to read that our efforts to ensure a wonderful hotel experience are so warmly acknowledged.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Dan Deaver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

I travel extensively for business and I attempt to find a great hotel with a reasonable price. I found it here. The staff here is second to none. As I said in my opening, they are like an extended family. Cleanliness in hotels seems to be lacking in some cases, that surely isn't the case here. Spotless. Comfortable. Friendly. Everyone definitely goes that extra mile to make you feel comfortable and welcome. I can surely recommend this hotel to anyone. I know I'll be.staying here every trip I make to Chattanooga.

• Stayed November 2012
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post such a warm review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for your heartfelt acknowledgements and for complimenting our team of colleagues for their friendliness, attention to detail, hotel cleanliness and for us being like an extended family for you while traveling for business. It is certainly with pleasure that we ensure you hold such fond memories of your stay. We are also delighted to read that you would recommend our hotel to others without hesitation. This, in itself, is the ultimate goal we are looking for from guests like yourself.

On behalf of my team, we look forward in welcoming you back to the brand new Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place in the near future.

Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stay at this facility and other IHG locations often. I appreciate Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place for their valued service and always taking the time to recognize my Platinum status with very nice upgrades. I usually have to ask for upgrades at other locations and only recognized as a priority club member. Their staff goes above and beyond the typical IHG brand and continuously maintain their establishment in an inviting way.

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous, I believe all rooms include a large tiled shower...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We are extremely happy that you have chosen the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place to be your choice hotel when traveling through the Scenic City. We maintain our dedication to our guests, taking into consideration our valued Priority Club Platinum guests like yourself, by continuing to provide you with immaculate rooms with attentive and personable service from our team.

Your kind words are appreciated by all of our team and management that works exceptionally hard to provide the incomparable level of service that our guests come to expect when staying with us as their home away from home.

Moorefield, WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

In connection with a visit to Chattanooga, TN over veteran's day weekend, I made a reservation for two nights at Holiday Inn-Hamilton Place and, having spent two tours in Vietnam, took advantage of the military discount. On arrival I found a well maintained property and a cordial member of the staff who went the extra mile to accommodate my room request. I provided my "DD214" as proof of service which was deemed unacceptable. I stayed elsewhere and offer this experience to my fellow veterans who endured Vietnam and might be contemplating a stay at this or any other Holiday Inn.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnHPMgmt, Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
First and foremost, on behalf of my team we would like to sincerely thank you for your service to our country. Without brave military personnel like you, we would not being living in such a great country. For all of this and more we genuinely thank you.

With respect to your review, in all honestly, it is puzzling to me that your military ID was allegedly not honored. Our hotel property has always honored our veterans, past/present, with discounted room rates. With your review, it is also perplexing to my team because it appears you didn't even stay with us for your overnight accommodations.

I would welcome a conversation from you at your earliest convenience so I can gather more information on this discrepancy so our hotel has all the necessary information to proceed further.

Crestview Hills, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

The level of every service was outstanding, starting with an upgrade to a suite. Room was spacious, very clean and centrally located to great shopping. The food was outstanding! Our family ate both breakfast and dinner (we came back for dinner because breakfast was so good)! Jessica, Erika, Dan, Chris, Cody, etc. everyone was on top of their game and made me a believer in the Holiday Inn brand. We will be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of our hotel!!

It is with great pleasure that we warmly welcome, meet and exceed our guests expectations on a daily basis. Our team works exceptionally hard to provide the level of service that fits the Holiday Inn brand name. It is comforting for me to know that our team of hospitality professionals constantly goes the extra mile to do whatever it takes to create great memories for our guests.

I shall certainly extend your great comments to our entire hotel team, especially Jessica, Erika, Chris and Cody. It is very pleasing to read that our efforts to ensure a wonderful stay are so warmly acknowledged.

On behalf of my team, we certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Port Wentworth, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were working at the nearby TVA power plant and we had 18 guys staying at this hotel for around 30-40 days. Initially we were all very pleased with the hotel and the staff and thoroughly enjoyed it having a bar/diner downstairs that was convenient and had good food and nice rooms. the problems arose when we started cutting our crew back and some of the guys were leaving. I have stayed in hotels 190 days this year and 150 of those days were at holiday inns. We are all Priority Club Platinum Elite status members and have never had a problem getting our points for staying at one.... until this hotel. As the guys were checking out they were being told that they would not receive the points because our company was the ones paying the bill. After contacting Don, one of hotel employees, he informed us that it was not in the IHG "rule book" and that we would only get points for incidentals. we contacted IHG ourselves and found out this was not the case and that we would receive our points regardless of what Don said. The next morning we were all down for breakfast talking about the missing points issue and our waitress overheard us talking about giving the hotel a negative review in light of all the troubles with Priority points so no one else made the same mistake we did. Don was told about our conversation and then sent an email to our company office stating that we were going to leave FALSE and FAKE reviews and LIE about what happened. When we heard about this our Supervisor called and Don said he was just being proactive. In the end we did get our points, but thanks to Don our company will NEVER stay at this holiday inn again. If you want a nice room and some decent food this holiday inn is for you. if you want your priority club points and no hassle then go somewhere else. We will be utilizing the Holiday Inn on Hixon Pike from now on!!!!!

A CFS Employee

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

With respect to the "Missing Priority Club Points" review, there appears to be a severe miscommunication with this guest; and to be honest, the management and team at the Holiday Inn have taken issue with this discrepancy. All of our Priority Club guests receive their hard-earned Priority Club points, including the reviewer and everyone associated with "CFS." With that said, we are baffled with this review.

I would welcome a conversation with this guest to discuss this further; as well as inform the guest that his Priority Club points have been credited to his account.

Ridgeland, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This isn't your parent's Holiday Inn.... Luxurious, well located, large two bedroom suite with three tv's, a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker. Helpful staff.. The only complaint I have concerns reservations.... I booked a room with two queens and a rollaway bed(subject to availability) and was given a confirmation and a price. Prior to check in I was told that we could not have a rollaway because of fire ordinances. I was not not told this information when making the reservation and I consider this a bit of a bait and switch technique.... I have had a similar problem at the Holiday Inn Express in East Ridge, Tenn. ( Rate change at check in, even with confirmation)

Room Tip: Seven floors ...the higher the better.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnHPMgmt, General Manager at Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Chattanooga-Hamilton Place.

You are correct that we are not "your parents Holiday Inn." Our hotel property is considered the "prototype" hotel for the new Holiday Inn brand consisting of state of the art modern technology with luxurious, well appointed guest rooms like you described. We personally believe this sets us apart from other hotels in and around the Hamilton Place area within the city of Chattanooga.

I would also like take this opportunity to clarify the issue you experienced with respect to the rollaway in a room with double-queen beds: Unfortunately, this is against fire code due to the amount of space an obstacle like this occupies. I apologize if you were left to feel disappointed in this information not being relayed to you while you were making a reservation with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor and for allowing us the opportunity to respond to your concern. Even though there was a miscommunication involving the rollaway bed, our team is extremely happy that you recognized our well-appointed hotel and helpful staff.

Dan Deaver

Been to Holiday Inn - Hamilton Place? Share your experiences!