“Fried Chicken Done Right!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 707 Restaurants in Chattanooga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Dedicated stop on the free electric shuttle.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Fried Chicken Done Right!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Ate there for lunch the other day. They have a fried chicken breast with two side for $8.50. The chicken was breaded and fried perfectly. They give a small muffin with your meal, has cheese in it and I believe some chilies, awesome!!! The kale salad is excellent. I was told they had the same meal on special a couple weeks ago for $5.00. Service was good and fast for those on a lunch break from work.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Atlanta, Georgia
“Public House Chattanooga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Great food, excellent service. I have never had fried pickles before and the fried sourdough was great. More pepper than I care for on the trout and in the squash casserole but I never put pepper on my food. Iced tea was fantastic. Service was like being a grand poobah. Ate outside and glad I did with my friends. Indoor noise level was incredibly loud.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jasper, tn
“Fun times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a nice place in Warehouse Row. They have live bands in the bar area and lots of good food! Try the mac and cheese for comfort food!

Visited May 2014
“Interesting menu items, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

While attending a three-day meeting in Chattanooga, we looked for a nice, sit-down, not-fast-food place for dinner on a Saturday evening. Public House was just two blocks away from our hotel, and since the restaurant was full, we were given a nice table in the bar area. The starters were varied and interesting, and I chose the “pickled vegetables” which included four pickle slices, slices of squash and zucchini, and a spoonful of freshly-made Kimchee. The waitress warned me that the pickling was very spicy and she was correct. The kimchee was excellent, the pickles hot as advertised, and the crab cake and creamy grits I ordered for my entrée were excellent. My dining companions had friend chicken and a wedge salad, over all of which they raved. The bar scotch is Famous Grouse, always listed as one of the top three blended scotches in Scotland, so the bar is obviously top-of-the-heap. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable and VERY helpful. I’ll certainly go back when next in Chattanooga.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham, Alabama
“Decent dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

First dinner in Chattanooga. Neat atmosphere at this restaurant, although we sat outside. Started with cocktails and the pimento cheese plate. I tried the strawberry margarita which was nice, but my husbands gin and tonic tasted like the gin was left out... the pimento cheese was just okay, but the grilled bread served with it helped with the flavor. My husband had the filet and wedge as his entree...he ordered his steak medium and it was very rare...I had the chicken tortellini salad, which was good, but nothing special. We opted out of dessert. I think Chattanooga's culinary scene is sort of up and coming... We had really great service, so I would recommend this place. Maybe we didn't order the best options?

Visited May 2014