“Spent a Night, not a Fortune” 5 of 5 stars

Motel 6 East Ridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2281 Camp Jordan Parkway, Chattanooga, TN 37412   |
Ranked #63 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Reno, Nevada
“Spent a Night, not a Fortune”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

A Motel-6 is for us no-frills folks. Some are very good others are lousy.
This one in East Ridge, TN is very good.
Staff very friendly & courteous. I was allowed to check-in several hours early.

Room Tip: I always book online.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

I am travelling alone and appreciate their attention to my security. The room is the cleanest I've stayed in yet on my trip from Alaska to Florida! Watch out for the other guys with a "bait and switch" price. The value is definitely here at Motel 6.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I reserved a handicap or 1st floor room because I have a broken foot. The room given had a non-working toilet. The ladies at the front desk was informed at 3:20pm & said they would fix it. We went out to visit with family and firends.

At 10:30pm when we returned, the toilet was still broken. When I called back down to the front desk, I was told that they would bring a plunger to fix the toilet. 20 minutes later, there was still no response. So, my partner went to get the plunger from the ffront desk and was informed they didn't have one and all they could do was move us to a 2nd floor room. This...of course...was not acceptable, as I have a broken foot.

Denny Singh, the night manager was nothing but rude & condescending. Nothing but excuses were given for the lack of customer service. His attitude was that it was not his problem...we could take a refund and find another hotel. Even a call to the reservation desk did nothing to really resolve the problem.

So...I was given a refund at 11:30 pm & basically told to find another hotel.

In my opinion...this could have been resolved in 1 of 3 ways:

1. COMMUNICATION - when you check in, they have you complete a slip with your phone number, etc. The front desk could have called me to try to switch our room or give us a refund to find another hotel at an earlier time. NO attempts of communication were made. There was not even a voice message on the phone in the hotel room.

2. At such a late hour, Denny Singh could have contacted another local Motel 6 to see if there was a ground floor room available for us to move to. His attitude regarding the entire situation was that - it was not his problem that I, the customer, was not satisified with my room that had a non-working bathroom.

3. At very least, one of the employees could have run to the local market to get a plunger or a bottle of Drano/Liquid Plumber to resolve the problem. There are several store in close proximity to the hotel.

I'm not looking for anything free. We decided to give Motel 6 a try because it was convenient to the people we were visiting.

The myriad of excuses given was just unacceptable. When we drove by the front office and even when I went down myself...the front desk was not busy.

It is very disappointing that this is how things are handled with Motel 6.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Sebastian, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

I must say that they really care about their guest needs & concerns. Along with that, everytime I saw one of the employees in the hall, it was an immediate smile & greatting that was genuine. If I needed a hotel in the area, I would not hesitate to go and stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Ithaca, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

I would like to thank the workers at this hotel for doing such a great job with everything, especially the front desk worker, she was AWESOME! The rooms were clean and the price was great. Thanks so much and I would recommend this hotel to people anytime. :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
River Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

The front desk workers were great and very friendly. Fast check in! New carpet and nice painted walls. Clean! I will stay here again when in the area next year!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

I checked in early on 12/31/2010. I needed to stay in a clean, warm room where I could meditate, write and edit video in a quiet environment. I was concerned with the date, new year's eve. I figured I would have to deal with a lot of noise and perhaps a few arguments and disruptions during the night. I just did not have a whole lot of money. I was received with a big friendly smile by the desk clerk. My room was very clean. Bathroom was spotless and towels were soft and pristine white! I was in the room for 5 minutes when the clerk called me by name to find out if I was happy with my room! Wow. I was able to do all my work and there were no disruptions. I had planned two nights. I asked for a late check out with the AM clerk. She was so friendly as well! I offered to pay for late check out but she looked at her reservations and offered it to me for free! I decided to stay an extra night and the house keeper, came and changed sheets and gave me new towels with a big smile on her face! I could not ask for a better stay. Five star service for the price of one!
Joseph H

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 East Ridge? Share your experiences!