“Perfect for Lookout Mountain” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston, Texas
“Perfect for Lookout Mountain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you are here in Chattanooga to visit Lookout Mountain and all its attractions, then this hotel is the perfect location. Easy to spot as it is situated on higher grounds and just off the I-24 freeway. I believe this hotel is only about 3 years old and everything is spotless, clean and new. Staff at reception, breakfast and even housekeeping were very professional and efficient.

We had a two queen bed room which was very spacious with mountain view. The bathroom was large too compared to most of the other hotel chains and had plenty of vanity space. Free wifi signal was strong. Only complain was that the room doors were very heavy so I got woken up by the heavy closing of the doors in the early morning. Apart from that, hotel was very quiet.

One of the best thing was the free hotel breakfast. I have stayed in many hotel chains and this is the first I have encountered that provides bottled water and bottled chocolate milk at breakfast. The rest were normal hotel breakfast food - waffle, egg, sausages, cereal, fruits etc but always well replenished. And oh.....they had my favorite coffee creamer which is caramel macchiato! Coffee and tea were available whole day at the lobby.

Hotel is located very close to Ruby Falls, Incline Railway and Rock City. There is a Walmart nearby and lots of eateries including a Cracker Barrel.

Will most definitely stay here again and I do highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Best kept secret and very friendly staff. Checkin was fast and efficient, the front desk agent gave us enough information to keep us informed of the area and local activities. Breakfast was fresh, clean, and inviting. Nice place, great stay ;)

Lynn, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We spent four nights here over Spring Break. Only minutes from downtown and Lookout Mtn. Very friendly, professional staff. Upon check in the front desk gave us several helpful travel guides and a paper with local restaurants. The view is amazing we were on the top floor with a view of both Lookout Mountain and Raccoon Mtn. This is a nice modern Marriott chain hotel. Lobby is clean, bright and spacious. Breakfast area was a bit cramped but the hotel was booked full every night so is to be expected. Nice selection for a free breakfast. Breakfast attendant extremely nice. Rooms-we had a king room with sleeper sofa. Nice sizes plenty room for three of us. My daughter loved having her own TV and iPad docking station. The bathroom is huge no problem for two to get ready. Poll is indoors and my daughter swam every night but it was too cold for me. Highly recommend and will stay here again.

Aurora, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We did lots of research and choose this hotel based on proximity to downtown, free breakfast and wifi, and heated indoor pool. The location is great putting you right next to Lookout Mountain and across the street from a Walmart (great for families). It is also less than 10 minutes from downtown and an easy drive. The breakfast had selection of coffee, juice, milk, cereal, oatmeal, breads, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogart, meat of the day, and either scrambled eggs or bisquits. Pleanty of choice but for an extended stay like everything it got old so if you are staying a while plan one breakfast out to get fresh eggs and bacon. The rooms were very modern, clean, and average in size. The bathrooms were very spacious with lots of counter space (great when sharing with a family of four). The refrigerator did not have a freezer which we like for ice cream but was larger sized. The show stopper for us was the cold pool. Advertised as heated it was far from that. My six year old loves to swim and he did not want to go after the second time as it was to cold. We ask the front desk if they could turn it up and they said it only had one temperature. (Hum that is not heated in my book.) We love swimming at the end of our day of events so would not go back based on this. Overall good stay but we need a warm pool. The rooms were only moderately sound proof and ran funny in temperature. We ran the air conditioning when it was cold outside as the room ran at 75 degrees with no heat or air conditioning. We were able to get a good temperature but was just odd. The air conditioning was loud but that helped drown out or noisy neighbors (obviously not the hotels fault).

Jasper, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have stayed here two times and both have been great. Hotel is very clean rooms are as well. My wife and infant son got a two queen room on the top floor for a two night stay, our room was very clean and the beds were decent size. We had a minifridge flat panel tv desk chair as well as wifi for your phone/laptop etc.. Checkin was great, the people at the front desk were super kind and always helpful!
The breakfast was from 6:30-9:30 and was pretty good, eggs bacon sausage yogurt muffins juice coffee were all served. Very good food by hotel standards. We never saw the pool but it is indoor and heated. I would def stay here again, not many hotels are as warm and inviting as this one!

Room Tip: Top floor facing front of building for a great view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sevierville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I chose this hotel based on the reviews I have seen. I am so glad I decided to stay here. I did a mini vacation with my 3 little boys and we enjoyed everything about this hotel. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast was very good. We enjoyed them having different hot items each morning. The room was spacious and very clean.The beds were so, so comfy. If I had any suggestions it would be that the pool was kind of on the chilly side. Also the staff was friendly once engaged but if you don't actually approach them they didn't seem to notice you. Except in breakfast. The breakfast lady was very friendly every morning and there was a manager walking around speaking with the guest's in breakfast one morning and he was very nice. We are already planning another trip to Chattanooga and no question asked, we will be staying here again. Thank you Fairfield Inn for giving me a great place for my family to stay on vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hampton, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Very quiet rooms for being close to the freeway exit. Rooms were clean and well kept. We typically stay at the Holiday Inn on this exit on our way to Florida, but the Fairfield had better ranking here so we tried it, we were not disappointed and will stay here from now on!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain? Share your experiences!