“Nice Property!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain

You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain
GreenLeadersBronze level
Tangerine, Florida
“Nice Property!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

At Exit 174 off of I-24 Fairfield Inn & Suites sits on a high hill. Not sure I would try to drive up in the snow or ice! We walked in about 11:30pm and were able to get a room. The lobby was very nicely done and decorated for Christmas. The front desk girl made sure we got a nice quiet room (away from the three-four families of noisy children that were also checking in---we heard NOTHING all night!). The room itself was very, very small. It was not one of the "suites" rooms, just a standard king. The bathroom was a bit larger than average for a hotel room, so I wish they'd given the living area a bit more room. It was very tight to walk around. There would be no room for a porta crib or much luggage. The room was very clean and the bed was nice, kind of like a memory foam. We had a nice view facing the mountains......be sure to ask or you will end up seeing the construction of a Hampton Inn right behind this hotel. Paul Mitchell hair products were in the bathroom. There were also four of each kind of towel, which I like.

The breakfast area was clean and well-maintained. There was a lot of seating available. Food served was more of what we come to expect in a hotel breakfast---an array of hot and cold foods including waffles, eggs, etc. There was also fresh cut-up fruit.

At the same exit: Cracker Barrel, Taco Bell, Waffle House, Sonic, WalMart, Ace Hardware.
Hotels at same exit: Inside Halls: Baymont, Clarion (was Hampton Inn--in need of repair and upgrades), Holiday Inn Express, Super 8 (in/out halls), Country Inn/Stes. Hampton Inn (being built).

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the mountains.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Wellington Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We highly recommend this beautiful, modern hotel that offers breath-taking mountain views. The location was a bit hard to find since I-24 stay so busy. The front desk man was happy to stay on the phone with us directing our every move.

Room Tip: Request a mountain view, higher floor. There's nothing better than waking up to a foggy Tennesse...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here on our way back from Florida. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were very clean, and the staff was great! We arrived at 10:00 PM, just as the pool had closed; however, an employee let us in so I could take my youngest daughter swimming to use up her energy. There were fresh baked cookies in the lobby and a free continental breakfast. We paid $109 plus tax. We had actually stopped at another hotel a few blocks away that was $94 a night. At that hotel the rooms were old and worn, and the staff seemed oblivious. When I asked to see a room first the front desk actually gave me a key card to an occupied room. For the small added cost of $15 there is no question in my mind as where to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the mountain.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed in this hotel. We had originally planned on staying in another hotel in the area, and after one extremely awful night, we were lucky to stay at the Fairfield for the remainder of our stay. After a horrible first night of our trip at another hotel, we were very appreciative of the kind and helpful staff, the clean and updated room and the variety and quality of the breakfast at the Fairfield. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and will remember the hotel chain in the future. If you are coming to Chattanooga, avoid all "budget" hotels and go straight for the Fairfield Inn & Suites. You will be glad you did!

Room Tip: We had a king room at the back of the hotel. It was very nice, but they are building another hotel b...
Clearwater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Have stayed at many Fairfields in the past and have always had a good experience, this was even better. The manager, Scott, was a charming host. He spent time talking to the guests and answering all their questions in the most friendly manner. Our room was clean, clean, clean! The bed was comfy, the room quiet, the price good and the breakfast yummy.

Defiance, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Stayed here during a stop-over on a trip to FL. Didn't have a reservation, but the desk clerk was more than accommodating. He could not have been nicer. I was even given a list of FAQs with your key! (Came in handy, as initially there was no sound on the TV - but the answer was right there on my list!) The hotel was extremely clean - from the lobby to the guest room. The breakfast food was good (scrambled eggs & sausage the morning of my stay), and there was a nice variety. If coffee is important, theirs is not very good - rather weak - but the juices were good and milk is available. Overall, great accommodations at a great price!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This was a very good location for our family to make a weekend trip to Chattanooga to see Ruby Falls and Rock City holiday lights. The hotel is clean and nice with a heated pool. The breakfast in the morning is closer to a full breakfast than continental. The staff was great, knowledgeable about local attractions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Chattanooga I-24/Lookout Mountain? Share your experiences!