“Take the tour, forget the overnight stay !” 2 of 5 stars

Delta Queen Hotel
100 River Street, Chattanooga, TN 37405   |
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Ringgold, Georgia
“Take the tour, forget the overnight stay !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2009

June 27th I spent the night on the Queen. My reservations had changed 3 times (warning there computer crashed better make sure you still have reservations). I live within 20 miles of the Queen and thought it would be a fun night. It was a nightmare!! We checked in at 3 pm the A/C doesn't work well in the rooms, we couldn't stay in the rooms at all until the sun went down and we slept with our door open, yes you read right we had to keep our door open for any kind of breeze. ( Bring a fan to stir the warm air around they had a couple and they were snatched up early.)
We sat in the Texas lounge area and played cards to keep cool. I overheard someone say do not take any more orders for steak we are sold out. I had called the Queen on Thurs. and was told the menu was not set yet. I was NEVER told you had to order ahead and when I asked when I should have ordered I was never given a reply. I told them they would just have to go to the store and get 4 steaks, she said she would just give my money back. I informed her my meals were comped because they had changed my reservations and when the computer crashed if I hadn't have called to ask about menu I would have not gotten added back to the system. They did go buy the 4 steaks, I will give them that!
No choices at dinner except steak, fish or pork they decide what veggies and it's the same with all entrees. Salad was warm and had dressing on it, no dry salad available. Dessert was cheesecake (very good, unless u r lactose intolerant then u r out of luck).
No kids meals they get what you get. (Seems no one paid the same price either, started out as $98 per couple then reduced to $36 per person, but people weren't told.) This was only the 2nd dinner meal they had served I advised them to go buffet. They did come around and ask everyone's opinion. They have a breakfast buffet, however we got off the boat as soon as valet parking opened the next morning so we could go home and get cool and get some sleep.
NOT kid friendly, 8 to 10 steps to get to anywhere, so not handicapped friendly either. I just came off knee replacement so I did encounter a few problems.
You can take an $8 tour and get a free drink coupon for the bar, that's the better deal unless it's spring or fall.....I wonder what they do for heat in the winter?
I'm sorry to have to give them such a bad review but I have never had such a bad stay anywhere including my overseas travels.
The left hand does not know what the right is doing at this place if they are going to make it they must get it together.
I rely on trip adivsor for my travels so I feel you should know what you are getting into.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)

Been to Delta Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Delta Queen Hotel

Address: 100 River Street, Chattanooga, TN 37405
Location: United States > Tennessee > Chattanooga
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
The Legendary Delta Queen, a Chattanooga Inn and Boutique Hotel, welcomes you with the traditional southern charm of a Mississippi riverboat. Our unique Chattanooga hotel and event venue is moored at Coolidge Park Landing, in the middle of Chattanooga's vibrant downtown community, filled with a diversity of restaurants, shopping and attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Delta Queen Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Delta Queen Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.