“Excellent all around.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Excellent all around.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed in four other hotels on this re-con visit through the deep south. (I am a tour operator checking out where I want to take my clients/groups.) This was by far the absolute best experience - and all other hotels were in the same Marriott chain of hotels. One suggestion: Upgrade the breakfast experience. Same ho-hum meal as in any other Marriott - same eggs, sausage, bagels, etc. Tough to be excited about going down to breakfast with the pedant food choices. Unimaginative and typical. You (Marriott) can do better - and if you do change things around a bit, it will make a huge difference in the customer experience and return/referral rate. Still, all in all, this place, and the personnel, were great. Thanks!

Room Tip: Ask first! Stay away from the pets! Didn't know this was a 'pet friendly' hotel - and...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
ATL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We arrived at the Residence Inn July 19th to 21st and everyday was so relaxing & fun. My hubby, daughter and I were visiting Chattanooga TN for a famiyl reunion. There was a hotel that was already booked for family, but my Dad and others recommended that we book here. And I'm glad we did. It was a little strange trying to find the hotel at 1st, but I got used to it very quickly. I didn't know that it is located to everything right at Hamilton Place. the area has high end shops, restaurants, the Mall, everything! Ok, back to he hotel. We stayed in room# 418 (personal fav). It was a 1 bedroom suite and it surely delivered. The room was spotless, plenty of towels, pillows, covers. I loved the kitchen, it had a microwave, 2 burner stove, dishwasher and plenty of appliances, glasses and bowls. The bed sooooo soft and comfortable. I enjoyed sleeping with the curtains open. It was hard to wake up my 2 year old daughter on the last day and I blame it on the comfy bed! I didn't get in the pool (too many people) but it nice to have it indoors. The staff was always polite and attentive. I enjoyed breakfast in the morning. I tried to eat almost everything. It was a large selection and everything was hot & fresh. There were areas located throughout the hotel were I sat down and relaxed. The decor in the rooms and the hotel was so modern and clean. I have so much more to say, but to sum it up, the next time I go to Chattanooga, I will not stay anywhere else!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms that face Hamilton Place are lovely and have great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was leery in a town we had not been to before.. we had ventured out to the worlds longest yard sale. This hotel was wonderful! The room clean .. staff very friendly and helpful and located in a prime location easy access to anywhere via the highway. Seriously worth the money.. and breakfast what a spread! Will definitely be coming back to this location next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My three children and I stayed at this hotel for a night during a long trip. We stayed in a suite with 2 king bedrooms and a sofabed in the living room/kitchen combo. Wow, what a comfortable, great suite we had! I normally do not hit this price range, especially traveling with kids. But it was worth every cent, because we were all exhausted! The beds were very comfy, and the kitchen was great -- new appliances, and clean, clean, clean! The whole suite was very clean, and the front desk staff polite and helpful. The breakfast buffet was generous and varied, and for once the scrambled eggs didn't look and taste like chunky yellow Styrofoam bits! I didn't really take advantage of shopping, etc, as we got in too late and left too early to go shopping, sightseeing, etc. My kids did take advantage of the pool, which I think was more crowded than normal (I believe) since it was a Saturday night. I think this may be my new favorite hotel chain -- normally I go straight to Hampton Inns! Loved this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Niceville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We often stay overnight in Chattanooga when traveling to visit parents, though this is our first time at this hotel. Front desk personnel were very friendly. Breakfast was typical. Great location for shopping at Hamilton Place, though the mall was unimpressive. Room was spacious and comfortable. Especially enjoyed the TV that could swivel to face either the bed or living room. One of the largest indoor pools I've seen at a Residence Inn. Plenty of room for multiple families to enjoy at the same time without crowding. Putting green was not worth the time and would frustrate the kids. Whoever cut the holes did not know what they were doing, leaving a mound around the hole, turning the ball aside. Lots of dining options nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed here on our way home from Florida. While the hotel does not offer rollaway beds we did have plenty of floor space to use an air mattress for one of our kids. The rooms were clean and nicely up to date. Hot breakfast was delicious. Great place for a family to stay. I would stay there again. Absolutely!!

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Service was absolutely great and in keeping with higher end Marriott properties. Rooms are comfortable and hotel is located right off I-75. Hamilton Place shopping and dinning close by.
Some draw backs is that the hotel is not located near the DT and the attractions I would like to see but for the business traveler, it's great.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Residence Inn Chattanooga near Hamilton Place? Share your experiences!