“Family vacation during Spring break” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Rivergate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Carter Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402   |
Ranked #37 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
Jamestown, Tennessee, United States
“Family vacation during Spring break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

could not ask for better service,so helpful in any way possible.Rooms are very clean and what pic show is how rooms look..the 24hr cafe is amazing,food is beyond what I ever espected and the is no way you will leave empty...the amount of food is huge..better than golden corral and service is excellent...thanks for making our trip better:)

Room Tip: rooms on back side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to let us know about your recent stay at the Days Inn Rivergate. Your feedback is very important to us and we are happy to read that we succeeded in creating an enjoyable experience for you and your family. Words cannot describe desserts or portion size at the City Cafe, it's incredible...we agree! We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chattanooga!

453 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at other days inns around the country that were very disappointing, and so wasn't expecting much from this one. I was pleasantly surprised! The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were decent, beds were comfortable. But the best surprise came when we had a late dinner at the City Cafe Diner, part of the hotel. Excellent food at an excellent price, with fantastic service! We even went back for a great breakfast in the morning. And location is great if you are planning a trip to downtown, or as we did - the aquarium.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We appreciate the review
and are pleased that you were satisfied with your accommodations. The
City Cafe does have the best breakfast in town we agree! We look forward to seeing you on your
next trip to Chattanooga. Again, thank you.
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

In all my interactions with the staff at this hotel, I was pleased. Everyone was very friendly. The rooms were clean, and while quite dated, it was about what I expected.

However, the noise was horrible. There is a diner on the other side of the office, but the primary source of noise was the bar located directly across the breezeway from our room. They played loud music and had people loitering outside laughing and smoking until around 1:30am. I had read about the diner but figured how bad can it be -- I never read anything in reviews about the bar.

Additionally, on our second night, several people checked into the room adjacent to ours at about 3:30am. Suffice it to say, we might as well have been in the same room with them while they, AHEM, conducted their "business". They left after a couple of hours.

I realize Days Inn can't control who rents their rooms, but I was surprised (maybe I was naive but the rooms weren't *that* cheap).

I would not stay there again, especially with a child (my two year old thankfully slept through the whole ordeal).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

LaMar H, General Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of the staff. I am very sorry for the noise from the bar and it's patrons as well as your neighbors lack of consideration. I'm not sure if you contacted our front desk at the time but we are quick to respond when our guests have an issue, because it is our goal for you to enjoy the time you spend with us, and stay with us again in the future. I would like to invite you to stay with us again and let us know that you prefer a room away from the activity of the lounge. Again my sincere apologies.

Been to Days Inn Rivergate? Share your experiences!