“The booking on short notice was no problem for Days Inn ...” 5 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Rivergate to your Saves list
Days Inn Rivergate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Carter Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402   |
Ranked #33 of 95 Hotels in Chattanooga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Joliet, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed at other days inns around the country that were very disappointing, and so wasn't expecting much from this one. I was pleasantly surprised! The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were decent, beds were comfortable. But the best surprise came when we had a late dinner at the City Cafe Diner, part of the hotel. Excellent food at an excellent price, with fantastic service! We even went back for a great breakfast in the morning. And location is great if you are planning a trip to downtown, or as we did - the aquarium.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We appreciate the review
and are pleased that you were satisfied with your accommodations. The
City Cafe does have the best breakfast in town we agree! We look forward to seeing you on your
next trip to Chattanooga. Again, thank you.
Columbus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

In all my interactions with the staff at this hotel, I was pleased. Everyone was very friendly. The rooms were clean, and while quite dated, it was about what I expected.

However, the noise was horrible. There is a diner on the other side of the office, but the primary source of noise was the bar located directly across the breezeway from our room. They played loud music and had people loitering outside laughing and smoking until around 1:30am. I had read about the diner but figured how bad can it be -- I never read anything in reviews about the bar.

Additionally, on our second night, several people checked into the room adjacent to ours at about 3:30am. Suffice it to say, we might as well have been in the same room with them while they, AHEM, conducted their "business". They left after a couple of hours.

I realize Days Inn can't control who rents their rooms, but I was surprised (maybe I was naive but the rooms weren't *that* cheap).

I would not stay there again, especially with a child (my two year old thankfully slept through the whole ordeal).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

LaMar H, General Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of the staff. I am very sorry for the noise from the bar and it's patrons as well as your neighbors lack of consideration. I'm not sure if you contacted our front desk at the time but we are quick to respond when our guests have an issue, because it is our goal for you to enjoy the time you spend with us, and stay with us again in the future. I would like to invite you to stay with us again and let us know that you prefer a room away from the activity of the lounge. Again my sincere apologies.
Mequon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

As a business traveler, I rely heavily on the ability to connect to the Internet and my office VPN while at my hotel. Unfortunately, a decent WiFi connection was nearly impossible to obtain at this location. Although the front desk staff went out of their way to assist me; even so far as getting me in touch with their tech support, it was no help. I realized the problem with the WiFi within minutes of check-in but, with no other rooms available, I was stuck for the next 3 days. So, for my next trip to Chattanooga, I'll have to stay at a competitor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Been to Days Inn Rivergate? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Rivergate

Address: 901 Carter Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402
Location: United States > Tennessee > Chattanooga
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#22 Business Hotel in Chattanooga
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Rivergate 2*
Ideally located in historic downtown Chattanooga, the Days Inn Rivergate specializes in family leisure, convention groups and motor coach tours. Ride the free downtown electric shuttle to the Tennessee Aquarium, 3D IMAX Theater and many more attractions. Located adjacent to the Chattanooga Convention Center. Enjoy the City Cafe Diner 24 hours a day or lounge located on site. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Rivergate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Rivergate Hotel Chattanooga
Days Inn Chattanooga
Chattanooga Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Rivergate, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.