“Clean and Friendly Staff -- but No Sleep!” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Rivergate
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 Carter Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402   |
Ranked #33 of 95 Hotels in Chattanooga
Columbus
“Clean and Friendly Staff -- but No Sleep!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

In all my interactions with the staff at this hotel, I was pleased. Everyone was very friendly. The rooms were clean, and while quite dated, it was about what I expected.

However, the noise was horrible. There is a diner on the other side of the office, but the primary source of noise was the bar located directly across the breezeway from our room. They played loud music and had people loitering outside laughing and smoking until around 1:30am. I had read about the diner but figured how bad can it be -- I never read anything in reviews about the bar.

Additionally, on our second night, several people checked into the room adjacent to ours at about 3:30am. Suffice it to say, we might as well have been in the same room with them while they, AHEM, conducted their "business". They left after a couple of hours.

I realize Days Inn can't control who rents their rooms, but I was surprised (maybe I was naive but the rooms weren't *that* cheap).

I would not stay there again, especially with a child (my two year old thankfully slept through the whole ordeal).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

LaMar H, General Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness of our rooms and the friendliness of the staff. I am very sorry for the noise from the bar and it's patrons as well as your neighbors lack of consideration. I'm not sure if you contacted our front desk at the time but we are quick to respond when our guests have an issue, because it is our goal for you to enjoy the time you spend with us, and stay with us again in the future. I would like to invite you to stay with us again and let us know that you prefer a room away from the activity of the lounge. Again my sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Mequon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

As a business traveler, I rely heavily on the ability to connect to the Internet and my office VPN while at my hotel. Unfortunately, a decent WiFi connection was nearly impossible to obtain at this location. Although the front desk staff went out of their way to assist me; even so far as getting me in touch with their tech support, it was no help. I realized the problem with the WiFi within minutes of check-in but, with no other rooms available, I was stuck for the next 3 days. So, for my next trip to Chattanooga, I'll have to stay at a competitor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dahlonega, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Hotel old and tired. Terrible beds, worn out and probably a decade old! Beds not supportive, one of the worst nights of sleep ever in a hotel. Noisy, party people around, thin walls, lots of bangs and traffic noise.. Love Chattanooga, hated this hotel. Last, no free breakfast!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Hello, We are terribly sorry to read about
your experience. We are assuming you
stayed while we had a convention
in town or possibly during New Years Eve and we
do apologize for the noise.
We do share property with a 24 hour diner so
often this adds to the noise.
We are always happy to accommodate
you to an interior room where it is often quieter.
We have actually just replaced beds in 66 rooms
and have plans to finish the rest very soon.
We hope that you will give us another chance
the next time you visit Chattanooga.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is an older property that didn't get very good reviews earlier this year. But, I noticed that Wyndham Hotels had taken over this hotel. Being familiar with their standards we decided to give it a try and were not disappointed. Room had recently been remodeled and was clean and comfortable. A note, the on-site restaurant offered great food and generous portions. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the kind review. We are happy to
read that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to not
only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve,
but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as
pleasant and comfortable as possible. We know you have
a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit
to Chattanooga!

Been to Days Inn Rivergate? Share your experiences!