“Great stay and location is near everything” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #36 of 99 Hotels in Chattanooga
DECATUR
“Great stay and location is near everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I was skeptical at first because the hotel looked more like a motel and I don't like walk ups. I enjoyed my stay at the Days Inn Rivergate. The room was clean, bed was comfortable. The location was near all of the downtown attractions.No outside noise from the highway on the other side of the fence. I will stay again. Nothing else to say. Great STAY!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DaysInnRivergateGSM, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Days Inn Rivergate.
Thank you for your kind words. We are always pleased to read that our guests
are suprised and that their expectations are exceeded. We look forward to seeing
you again on your next visit to Chattanooga!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Plainfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

When we first arrived at the hotel I was a little nervous because I am use to staying at hotels where the in/out door to your room is inside of the hotel premises (not on the outside). I really have nothing bad to say about this hotel. It is an older hotel and does need a little work however the price paid along with the amenities makes this hotel a great deal! After staying at another hotel in Georgia where the room was $40.00 more, parking was another $8.00 and wi-fi was another $10.00 a day I was very happy to be here. The only problem that we encountered was when we arrived at our room there was no radio. We went down to the front desk to let them know and they were able to get us one right away. The food at the diner was unbelievably good and the portions are huge. There is 320 different items on this menu so if you can't find anything to eat you are a very picky eater. The diner does not want you to go home hungry. Also if you like pastries they have a lot to choose from. "Happy Hour" at the bar made me even happier. After spending $4.00 for a bottle of beer in Georgia you cannot imagine how happy I was to have a 32 ounce draft beer for much less! My husband was also happy because he could smoke in the room. If you are a traveler that doesn't mind staying in a older hotel then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children try to get a room by the pool. If the kids are older then you ca...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The Days Inn Rivergate has an excellent location on the free electric shuttle route and is just a short stroll from the Chattanooga Convention Center. You may also choose to rent a bicycle from the city's bike share program, which supplies bikes at many convenient stations in the area. It is a two minute walk from a nice Starbucks.

This hotel is half the price of other downtown hotels. The room is very small and the linens and pillows have seen better days. If I were you, I would not look too closely into the coffee maker; however, the rest of the room seemed very clean.

The primary reason for my "poor" rating is the noise level of the hotel. Besides traffic noise, we heard people yelling and honking horns in the parking lot throughout both nights that we stayed. I believe most of the noise was from patrons of the bar attached to the hotel, though some was from partying guests staying near our room. Neither of us got any sleep, and it was difficult to work during my two days in Chattanooga due to my fatigue.

I commented on the noise level to staff. The staff replied that "This is a college town", emphasized that Days Inn does not own the bar, and pointed out that Days Inn hires a security officer who she stated "does a great job" patrolling the lot at night. I disagree wholeheartedly. Obviously, the security officer did not have things under control both nights we stayed. Despite a college presence in town, a hotel should be a place where guests can sleep in comfort and quiet.

My general impression from the young folks staying in nearby rooms and the whooping and hollering and honking in the parking lot is that this is an affordable party spot for the younger crowd. If you are in town to party with a few PBRs and Mad Dog bottles, this is your place. If you want a good night's sleep at a reasonable rate, use Priceline to get a deal elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Days Inn Rivergate.
Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to read about how convenient you
found our location. The free downtown shuttle is such an added value to our Guests
stay and does make getting about town so much easier.
We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Chattanooga! Have a very
happy 2013.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I visited Chattanooga for 2 months and stayed in various hotels, some of higher star level. This hotel offered the best value. I paid more at other hotels but got nothing extra for it (maybe a fancier duvet). Plus, many hotels in Chattanooga are in boring locations. But Days Inn Rivergate is a mere walking distance to many local attractions (convention center, aquarium, symphony, etc.) and restaurants.

All the staff I met were very courteous and helpful. I found the room service to be consistently good. The diner attached to this hotel had excellent food and was open 24hrs.

If you are an outgoing person who will be staying in Chattanooga for more than a couple of days, then I would recommend this hotel due to its fair cost, location and courteous staff.

Room Tip: - Speak with one of the senior staff to see if there are discounted rates for extended stay. - If y...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We have been staying at this Days Inn for several years now. It's a great hotel and the staff is always very friendly. The hotel is very close to the downtown attractions and best part--the hotel is stationed right by the free electric shuttle stops. Don't try to drive and pay to park. It's so easy to stay here and never have to leave the hotel-we just use the free shuttle. The shuttle goes everywhere from the Choo-Choo to the downtown area around the Aquarium. Another great benefit is the hotel has a 24 hour cafe. I was a little skeptical, but tried it and it was great. If you are up to a little walk it's not far to walk downtown, but it's nice to have the advantage to have the free shuttle pick you up right outside the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I've written a review of this particular hotel before; however, my experience this time was MUCH more conducive to my business needs. Just as last time, I still had a comfortable bed and surroundings but this time, the bathroom was much nicer. It almost looked as if it had been remodeled. The carpet could use a shampoo but was freshly vacuumed. The internet speed was MUCH better and was actually conducive to working. One thing to be aware of; there is a restaurant/pub on one side of the hotel. If you like your nights to be completely quite and restful, you might select a room on the other end of the hotel. The late night crowd of pubsters are not always willing to tiptoe around the parking lot. ; ) Very nice employees as well.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the resturant/pub IF a quite room is what you're needing.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business