“Great downtown value.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Cleveland, Tennessee
“Great downtown value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

My friend and I stayed here during the Riverbend Festival. Location is great for the price-half of what others were charging. It's a basic hotel but it was very clean. Staff were friendly and helpful, although check-in time was slow due to clerk answering phone calls. They could use a second clerk during the busy times. Our room had a mini fridge and microwave. There is also a 24 hour cafe attached to the hotel, which we did not utilize. It looked popular though.
I felt safe walking from the hotel to the festival and other areas of town. Would definitely recommend for budget traveler in downtown.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Washington, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Initially had a problem with air-conditioning in our room, but they immediately moved us to another room. Rooms are adequate, on the smaller side, but still have a desk and chair, television, and dresser. The hotel is on the older side, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

This Days Inn is among the least expensive options in the downtown area. With an AAA discount applied, I received a rate of about $65 (plus tax) for a Thursday evening stay in May 2011.

I would rate the exteriors, lobby and elevator at about a 2-star level, while my room with a king-size bed was more upscale than the exterior would probably rate a 2.5. I slept comfortably, and my only issue with the room is that the wi-fi speed was slow.

The hallways are exterior, and I found the high floor (3rd) in the main building--requested in my online reservation--to be preferable for noise/safety considerations, avoiding a low floor door opening directly to the parking lot. Also, near the lobby entrance, I noticed a cocktail lounge busy with customers within. A plus for those who enjoy a nightcap before turning in.

In sum, one must keep in mind that this is a 1960s-era facility (with updated rooms) and that factors into the modest price. While it was fine for me traveling alone (and I'd stay there again), if 3-star quality is your minimum, you'll need to spend more for a room in the downtown area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel every week for 6wks so far for business, along with four coworkers. For the price, it is a great location, very good restaurant, and nice employees. The only "hidden" type fee is the $1.50 for the safe which will be taken off upon checkout if you didn't use it.

The only complaint I have is the rooms need to be checked for cleanliness before a guest is given the room. Having the carpets cleaned once every few months or even once a year would be wonderful; even though it would take half the day to dry, I would be happy to have that done and let it dry while I'm gone during the day! My first stay, my white socks were black on the bottom. Some rooms are worse than others, but that pushed me to wear sandals the entire time. Some of the room services were below par also, but not all.

Generally the bed are made well and the room is vacuumed and in order; but one particular stay, the bed sheets were inside out, there was hair that was very different from mine, the room was not vacuumed and the toilet not scrubbed out.

Overall, you can't beat the price for the location, especially when I don't think there is another hotel downtown with a fridge and microwave in every room with free parking. I do notice that the higher floor rooms have had less guest traffic; the same for rooms in the front compared to the rear (although there is road noise).

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Burke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I attended a three-day symposium in downtown Chattanooga. My wife accompanied me and we stayed an extra day to sight-see.
The hotel room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The location, on the free downtown shuttle route, is excellent. Front desk staff was always helpful. The attached diner was an unexpectedly pleasant surprise- excellent food, large portions, reasonable and discounted prices. We made good use of the room's refrigerator and microwave with the leftovers. Appreciated free wireless internet.
If I were passing through town again, I would definitely return to Days Inn Rivergate.

Room Tip: Pool sometimes noisy! Didn't bother me.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Tuscumbia, Alabama
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Great location and a good price. The hotel is old and looks it. The main part of the room seemed clean but the bathroom floor was nasty looking. The room was small. The towels were thin and dingy. There were hairs all over the pillows. Like i said I have stayed in worse. I think I'm just getting more picky in my old age. I wouldn't say don't stay there. If you are trying to save some money, it's the place to stay. Just remember you usually get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
TGray724, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Rivergate, responded to this review, June 8, 2011
Thank you for sharing about your stay. It is our desire to offer excellent service and accommodations to everyone and we are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The cleanliness items you mentioned are not our standard and we certainly would have offered to correct them during your stay had we known. It's often difficult to look into specifics when we receive comments and are not given a room number. Our hotel offers limited amenities, but cleanliness and service are always our top priorities. Thank you for your comments and we hope you visit Chattanooga again soon.
Richmond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at this motel on May 20th and 21st. Not real appealing from the outside, the room was a little small but very clean. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The attached restaurant was awesome. We ate breakfast there twice and once for supper. Nothing fancy but the food was great and they gave you big portions. The free electic trolley picks you up outside the motel and takes you to several places around town. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Rivergate? Share your experiences!