“Much better than expected.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #26 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Ashburn, VA
“Much better than expected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

This was a very nice hotel. Easy to find. Its located in downtown Chattanooga but away from the hussle bustle. Front desk staff was efficient. The room was clean, spacious and welcoming. The decor was nice. There is a flat screen lcd/plasma (don't recall which one) tv in the room. Also a fridge and microwave which made life easy. We did not use the pool but it looked decent. The bathroom was very clean. But it looked like housekeeping did not replenish the supplies. There was enough towels and we had our own toiletries so no big deal. The beds were comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was a bonus.

I must say, Chattanooga was a charming town. We probably would never have stopped there if we hadn't taken this road trip. We had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom. It was SO good. Excellent place to eat for some comforting food after a long drive.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

From the moment we arrived I knew I'd made a good choice when I booked this hotel. It's new, sleek, and clean. This place has all the things you want in a hotel: clean rooms & bathrooms, wonderful staff, quiet hallways, really good breakfast & great coffee, easy access from the interstate, and ample secure parking. Asked for a recommendation of someplace we could get a sandwich and were offered 2 options--both close and both delivered. Went to one place and it was great! Wow, STRONGLY recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2009

This is really a nice hotel. The beds and linens were nice. The room was clean when we arrived and the front desk staff was very friendly. We loved the pool. We needed extra towels and housekeeping gave us plenty. Overall this is a very nice hotel and it is located in a great spot.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Delft, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

This Hotel is close to downtown and has a nice quiet location. Reception personnel are really excellent and helpfull. The room is tastefully decorated with good beds. The hotel appears very new.
Housekeeping does need improvement as the area next to the bed on the wall side was not vacuumed and an old very dusty belt was lying next to a cupboard. This I will overlook and still rate this this hotel highly because the other areas and breakfast area are very good and the excellent reception staff. A minor gripe is that we are a party of four (booked in advance) and there were 3 bath towels and coffee for two (but this is the case in many hotels).
Strange that there was no survey form to complete - else I would have informed them of the " room for improvement". Nevertheless I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Knoxville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

I stay at Holiday Inn chains quite often when traveling for business. I booked a leisure trip with my priority club points at this hotel for an upgraded whirlpool room so that my husband and I could enjoy a little romance while visiting Chattanooga. We arrived 1/2 hour early (2:30pm, check is at 3pm). Thought it would be no trouble to check in so we could drop our bags and head downtown. The front desk clerk said the room was ready, but that the rooms were not in the computer so she could not assign one at that moment and to come back in a half an hour. We returned 1.5 hours later (4pm) and a different front desk clerk was there and informed us that the whirlpool rooms had been overbooked and we would not be getting what we reserved. What is the point of a reservation if it cannot be honored? This upset me, but I was in too good of a mood to make a scene, so I politely said okay, just give us whatever you have. We enjoyed our stay overall, but the check out was very slow. No bill under my door in the morning, like most HI Expresses, and long line at 11am on a Sunday morning with only ONE front desk clerk. Stupid management move. Nice hotel, brand new, clean and quiet. I would stay there again based on those facts, but the management really needs to clean up the act of this place. We walked in at midnight on a Saturday night, with no security requirements whatsoever. Bad news for a downtown location. We didn't need a key card to get in the door and there was absolutely no one at the front desk monitoring who was coming in. Breakfast was pretty decent, considering it was free. Bottom line, not an express service hotel, but new and clean which is important to me.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

This was a great hotel. We had a room with a jetted tub for two. It was wonderfully romantic. The breakfast was good: cereal, bacon, eggs, cinnamon rolls, muffins and juice. It is on the outskirts of downtown but was about 5 minutes driving time to the aquarium. We were very satisfied and will stay again if we return to Chattanooga.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I used to travel alot for business and became extremely picky about hotels. I could tell as soon as I walked in the door of any hotel room if I was going to sleep well or not. The Holiday Inn Express in Downtown Chattanooga is one hotel I would highly recommend to anyone looking for accomodations in the area. The entire hotel was very clean. The decor of the room was cozy and comforting. The bedding was great and the air temperature in the room was easliy controlled. The big fluffy bath towels was an added plus. The staff was very friendly and we felt very welcomed. The hot breafast was a plus and we did not have to go out and spend more money on my family of four. I actually chose to spend a little more on this hotel because of the hot breakfast they offer and it was definintely worth every penny. I would absolutely stay here again!!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!