“Very Happy with my stay here!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #21 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Jeffersonville, Indiana, United States
“Very Happy with my stay here!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The staff was sooo nice!!! Especially "Lulu" and Samantha. The building was nice. rooms were nice and clean and quiet!!! close walk to the convention center. Beds comfortable. Breakfast was really good. I would definitely stay here again. Nice pool and workout room. I wish there was a hot tub though

Room Tip: I like ac unit noise personally and I stayed on the fifth floor. ac running all night
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, I am also happy that the staff was especially accomodating to your needs. I really hope you guys come back and stay with us again in the future.

JFoster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Suwanee, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

First off, if you want to be within walking distance of downtown this is probably not the hotel for you. It's a good distance from the main action in downtown Chattanooga and is a bit less than a mile walk from the business end of downtown. Also, the internet service, while readily available is spotty and slow which is not something I expected since I stay at HIE all the time and have never had this problem. The only other negative would be the fact that the shower head in my room was not good and even my wife didn't like it. On the plus side though the free breakfast is actually very good and plentiful. Great mini-biscuits, good meats and eggs, (that actually don't taste like the powdered version) and coffee that is decent. Also wasn't too crowded on our stay, so the breakfast room was pleasant. The room size is great with lots of room but we had a king suite so I can't speak for the other room sizes. Also this hotel is new and VERY clean which is very important when your on the road. Pleasant front desk people and a free newspaper never hurts. If you could move this hotel about a mile SW and keep the same price, this would be a near-perfect hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street side of hotel because there is a lot of noise on the street s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. We value your feedback. I am glad that you thought of us when you planned your visit. I am sorry that we weren't as close to downtown as you had liked. I want to aplogize for the inconvenience that you experienced while you were with us. Please know that we are looking into this issue and it will be resolved. Thanks again for staying with us. I hope you consider us again in the future when you visit Chattanooga.

Thanks
J. Foster
Cookeville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Myself and 2 other co-workers stayed at this hotel for one week, we have enjoyed our stay here at the hotel, we came for a 40 hour training for work, the training was grueling and I have to say the hotel staff, made coming back from work much more do-able. They were all very gracious and considerate, Samantha was amazing, everyone that worked our rooms, Tamaru, Mildred, and Claudette kept my room cleaner than I do, having OCD that means a great deal to me. Staff over all was very attentive and prompt to meet any requests we may have had the whole week. Maintenance was asked to fix a lamp and it was done immediately, he was leaving to go home and Samantha asked him to come back in and fix the lamp, without hesitation he turned around and gave us his full attention. Location off the interstate was very convenient, rooms were very comfortable and clean, pool is heated and the jets are amazing after a long day. Desiree has the spirit of friend as you enjoy her labors each morning eating breakfast. Everyone on staff we came in contact w/was very considerate and more than friendly. We will absolutely stay here again.
Niki

Room Tip: had a corner room, it was bigger than my co-workers, but all were great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so pleased that our staff was able to make your stay feel like you were at home. We take pride in making sure all of our guests feel comfortable and at ease when they walk into the door. I really hope you come back and visit us again in the future. We really appreciate you, you are a valued guest.

Sincerley,
J Foster
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here for one night while driving through Tennessee. The rooms were standard and very clean. It was very easily accessible from the expressway. Although it is near downtown, I would not necessarily consider it "in" downtown. It is still a little bit of a walk or a short drive. Although parking spaces are plentiful, the charge a small fee (<$5 a night).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay. I am so glad that you chose to stay with us. Although we may not have been in the center of the city I hope you still found it easy to access the downtown from our location. I hope you come back and visit us again in the future.
Thanks for staying with us

Jfoster
Cornelius, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 nights at this hotel while I attended a meeting at the nearby Convention Center. Everything and everyone at the hotel were top notch, and we enjoyed our stay very much. Convenient location, very nice rooms and facilities, and very friendly staff. Samantha who checked us in and Desiree who does the breakfast were especially warm and welcoming. Curry Smith is an excellent general manager, and it is evident throughout the hotel. He and his assistant Aleshia were extremely kind and helpful to both me and my wife and gave service that was exceptional. This hotel, manager, and staff deserve the highest commendations in every area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Joclyn F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay with us. I am so glad that the staff went out of their way to make your stay so great. Please dont hesitate to stay with us again in the future. Your feedback is very valuable to us in making all of our guests feel welcomed and appreciated. Thanks again!!

JFoster
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we met Samantha, she checked us in and was totally nice- explained everything and was able to recommend restaurants and anything else close by- really appreciate that! All in all our stay was nice; clean room, good size, good breakfast...nothing to complain about! Would recommend to anyone to stay there!

• Stayed August 2013
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so muc for staying with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Make sure you come back to visit us agian in the future.
Jasper, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My Grandson and I stayed here on a weekend visit to Chattanooga. The hotel is in a convenient location, easy access to the highway and close to downtown. You can not walk to the attractions like the Aquarium but it is a very short and easy drive. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool was nice - lots of children playing in the pool so it was fun - but it is a family hotel if you wanted a quite pool area this is not it. The breakfast was excellent - better than the average holiday in express. I would definitely stay here again when in Chattanooga.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Joclyn F, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments regarding your stay. We take all comments and suggestions seriously. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Please dont hesitate to contact the hotel if you need any assistance

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!