“Pleasant Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairfield, Iowa
“Pleasant Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the way to Florida. The view from our hotel room was mountains. The rooms were nice. Although, it appeared that our room had not been used in sometime so it was a little dusty (but other than that it was fairly clean). The salt water pool was nice and enjoyed by our family. In the morning we enjoyed a free breakfast. They were serving scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, cereal, bagels, cinnamon rolls, juice, coffee, and more. My only complaint would be that the mini fridge was not working in our room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your stay with us and for the kind words! I am sorry about the refrigerator not working, but I am happy to be able to report that we have since received a shipment of all new fridges for the rooms. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Big Sky, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

we pulled into Chattanooga late at night, and decided to book a room here. We were pleased with the hotel. Friendly young man at the desk who was helpful. The furnishings were very modern and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom had plenty of counter space with good lighting. Also good water pressure. The room had all the necessary amenities: fridge, coffee, iron, blow dryer. Plus, a nice flat screen TV.
It is convenient to downtown. In the morning (after enjoying the standard HIE breakfast - the breakfast worker wasn't as friendly as most places we stay, and the good ran out several times; but nothing that would make us NOT stay there again), we went down to the waterfront. What a renovation. Definitely worth a drive down. Unfortuntately, there was no Starbucks nearby but you can't have everything. There was a 24 hours diner VERY close which was great.

Room Tip: We had a room on an upper floor near the end, and it was very quiet. Even though we were by the hig...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Chattanooga. I am sorry that our breakfast did not meet you expectations, but I am working on getting some support on those busy mornings so we do not run out the goods. I did also want to let you know there is a Starbucks extremely close to the hotel. In fact, it is right across the street from the diner you mentioned. Next time you come and stay you really can have it all! Thank you again and I hope to see you soon!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay...it was off of the beaten path, a little away from the main downtown streets and other hotels. Yes, we appreciated the "seclusion", as we had to travel to get anywhere, but it was definitely an enjoyable stay.
Of course, the included breakfast never hurts, either! :-)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, December 1, 2014
Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW!
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

we stayed one night with our family with young children ,staff were friendly .Plenty of food on the breakfast too.the children enjoyed the swimming pool ,there was plenty of clean towel on the pool side to use. clean bath room and water was so nice and hot in the shower too.bedroom had two double beds and was very comfortable for a good night sleep.
We woul stop again if visiting here again.we visited the aquarium and had a walk along the riverside walks.pity the weather was raining all day .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Rosslyne,

Thank you so much for the great review! Everything that you have stated is absolutely correct. Whenever you decide to head back to our area please give us a call or visit the front desk and we'll give you some great ideas for restaurants and other attractions in the area. Thanks again for your support and we sure hope to see you again sooner than later my friend.

Best Wishes,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed in a king whirlpool room recently for a weekend getaway. We were happy with the hotel's location, and we felt safe in the area. It is a clean, newer property which was nice.

However, I was very disappointed in a few key areas where there was a lack of attention to detail. 1) Our room deadbolt did not lock. My husband had to literally lift the door up and into alignment so that the door could be locked securely. The hotel's own reading materials say to lock "all locks" to the room, but we couldn't. This is unsettling. 2) The bathroom had stoppers in the sink and bathtub that did not work. The bath stopper was not functional (missing a screw) and the sink stopper was loose and came off. 3) The beds were extremely firm and there was some kind of plastic mattress topper that was crunching beneath us. It would come loose and create an even more uncomfortable sleeping surface. 4) When we went to watch TV, the channels would change at a snails pace when using the remote. I have never seen such a slow lag time when using a hotel TV.

Normally, I love HI Express, but this one was a confusing mixed bag of disappointment. I am not usually one to complain in reviews unless my experience is poor. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
I am sorry we didn't provide the quality of amenities and service your deserved during your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Downtown Chattanooga. We apologize for the issues in your room and I have been working with the maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure the situation doesn't happen again. If you return to our area, I hopw you'll stay with use again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.
Jackson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My family stayed here for two nights in October and loved the place. Everything was updated and clean. There was a football game the night we arrived and the place was packed but at night we never heard any noise. It is very convenient to attractions like the childrens museum and aquarium among other things. The indoor pool was heated and towels were furnished for you. The workout room was right next door and you could see in from the pool if that bothers you. The staff was great and very nice. The breakfast was your typical HIE and was good. The room we had was a double queen. We had a little one with us and with all the toys the room did get a bit cramped so if you have children you may need a bigger room with a pull out sofa for added room. The beds were so comfortable. The room was clean and nice. lt was decorated with pictures of local scenery. I would recommend this place.

Room Tip: If you have more than one child you may need a bigger room then a double queen.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mary Alice J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Good Morning,
I am so happy and thankful for your kind words about the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Downtown Chattanooga. I have read the staff your comments and they were truly touched. I hope that the marathon went well and that I will be seeing you for the next one.
Best Wishes!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A friend and I stayed here for one night last weekend; we were in town to run the 7 Bridges Marathon. It is a nice place, and had everything we needed (a clean, quiet room with two beds, and a very easy check-in and check-out) and some stuff that was a nice surprise (several HBO channels, for example). It was very close to the interstate, which made it super easy to get in and out of town. It wasn't noisy, and there was plenty of parking (the parking fee is $3/day -- not bad).

They are very helpful, too: the remote wasn't working -- the front desk promptly brought up batteries. My friend forgot her razor -- one was sent up. They also worked with us (sort of) on late checkout. The latest check out they have is 12, but I wasn't going to be done with the marathon in time for us to check out by then. They wouldn't officially budge on 12, but they did say that we wouldn't get kicked out of the room at 12. So we go back to the room around 11:50 and the maid is already in the hall cleaning the room beside ours, but she didn't even knock on our door while we were getting ready. When we came back out around 12:20, we saw she'd skipped our room when she saw us go in, which was nice.

The one thing that annoyed me about our room was that there weren't heavy curtains we could pull closed to block the light, and we were on the second floor facing the parking lot. I always have an eyemask when I travel because I know I'm sensitive to light when I sleep, and my friend wasn't bothered at all, but it was still annoying. Aside from that, we had a great stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Good Morning,
I want to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Downtown Chattanooga and thank you even more for your kind words. I am so happy that you had a wonderful experience with us and I hope to see you visit again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chattanooga Downtown? Share your experiences!