“DO NOT STAY AT THIS QUALITY INN” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Lookout Mountain

You added Quality Inn Lookout Mountain to your Saves list
Quality Inn Lookout Mountain
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3109 Parker Lane, Chattanooga, TN 37419 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #71 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Dayton, Ohio
“DO NOT STAY AT THIS QUALITY INN”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I made reservations at least a month in advance of my stay, I even received an email
from them about my Upcoming Stay at Quality Inn, When checking in, name was given
and I received keys to the room. The room left a lot to be desired, the carpet was dirty and the TV would not work. Called the desk and the clerk said he would be up to
take care of it. Well the clerk did not show and my husband kept messing with it and found the plug would not stay in the recepticle, he finally got it to working. We went to dinner and then back to the hotel to discover we had been locked out of our room. The
clerk said they had been looking for us as they did not have us in the computer and the
room was reserved for someone else. How could we not be in the computer when we
had a confirmation number and received a welcoming email. He reactivated our keys and we stayed in the room for the night. The next day our whole group checked out of the
15 or more rooms due to bed bugs found by some, dirty rooms, holes in walls, plumbing problems, lack of general maintenance. We didn't even feel safe eating
breakfast there. The management didn''t even offer an apology or even act concerned and of course no offer of an adjustment on the rate.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Dayton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We had a group of Goldwingers that were going to stay here for 2 nights, as we were riding in the area both days. When we checked into our rooms, SOME of the rooms seemed to look ok, others reported to have holes in the walls, dirty carpet, not vacummed, etc. Well, we went to flush the toilet and it clogged up, called management and he said he could not leave the front desk, (only one on duty at 9:30p.m.), so we had to take care of our own plumbing. The top lock fell out of the front door as we were getting ready for bed. The next morning while showering the water would not drain out of the toilet. BUT also the next morning, after talking with our other friends, folks had to change rooms in the middle of the night, because they found bedbugs, and hypodermic needles under the mattresses, beside the filth in many of the rooms. We all decided to check out while the getting was good, and we moved the second night to a Hampton Inn one exit down. The owners at the Quality Inn were rude, VERY unfriendly, and denied there were bedbugs even when one couple took a live one to the desk. Don't take a chance on this place...or the one beside it (Comfort Inn), they are both owned by the same group and could care less about their patrons, they are only interested in the bottom $. I didn't even want to touch the breakfast after the filth and bugs that were detected in the rooms. I am going to call the Corporate Offices tomorrow morning to see what they have to say.

Stayed October 2010
Sulphur LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

A card was available to say let us know so we can make it right--NOT! We called about a slice of pizza found underneath the desk and an open drink in the frig, the safety chain not on the door and the peep hole in the door covered with tape and we never heard back from the manager as they said we would. VERY POOR Quality Inn.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Management could have cared less. Stay away from this dump and their sister properties next door and down the road (Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge); same management at all three properties.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

These were in my experience the most rude and unwelcoming hotel operators I have ever seen in my life. Horribly overpriced. Why didn't I leave when I still had a chance. Awful.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stopped here late, probably midnight. I was alone, no dog and just wanted a decent place to stay for the night. I said I would take any room available but asked for a ground level room. The front desk guy, maybe about 25 years old, seemed pretty tired. I was shocked when he told me the room was $69 for the night. I wasn't planning on being there for more than 6 hours....sheesh. He said he would give me a discount because I was by myself, but my bill was still about $75. While going back to my car, the guy told me to inform him if I heard anyone yelling as he had been getting complaints of people yelling in the back where my room was. My assumption is that people were fighting over the final World Series game that night or some hooker was ripped off and lost her shoes, as I saw a pair scattered in the parking lot the next morning.

So I was given a 2nd floor room even though I asked for a ground level room, but didn't feel like making a big deal of it; i was exhausted and had been driving for 10 hours. Upon inspection of the room, I noticed many cigarette burns in the comforter, on the remote, end table, sink, coffee pot, tub, toilet seat, rug and even the front door. I then noticed what looked like blood stains on the carpet near the door. Ewww. Then there was either a bloody or greasy hand smeared print on the closet door. Then I noticed speckles of "?" on the shower curtain in the morning. Dark and brown...???dried blood??? no idea?

I was exhausted...ripped the comforter off the bed, used my own pillow, texted the motel address to my boyfriend, chained the door and slept on top of the sheets. Woke up at 6, saw the stains on the shower curtain, showered quickly, packed my car and attempted to try the breakfast.....After the biscuit crumbled to powder in my mouth and the yellow water OJ reminded me of a crayon color instead of a fruit based drink, I grabbed a few bananas and rolled. The morning woman was very friendly, wiping up crumbs and stirring the thick film off of the crock pot gravy. I wasn't given a receipt the night before and requested one from her before I left.

$70+ a night in a filthy room...what a waste of the little money I already have. I can't say what the other rooms are like, but this one, though having potential, was nasty.

Motel/Hotels should stop allowing people to smoke in the rooms also....just makes everything gross like a truck stop Waffle House. I know I asked for a smoking room, but I never expected it to look as though there was a party in it. This was beyond just a smell of cigarettes and and ashtray on the table...there was considerable damage in the way of burns and even a few dents on both sides of the door, as if someone had been trying to bash the door from both sides.

There was also trash on the stairway, a few receipts and a neat pile of cigarette butts that I had not noticed on my way in on a stair, which made me think someone was sitting there while I slept in the room right in front of the stairwell. Pretty creepy.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2010

I've notice lately that a lot of Choice Hotels are getting a little run down. The Quality Inn Lookout Mountain is one of those hotels.

Our stay was in Mid-December as an overnight stay, on the road from Florida to Chicago.

There is a Quality and a Comfort Suites right next door to each other. I chose the Quality because I wanted outside doors, and not have to carry our luggage more than 15 feet.

Nothing really wrong with the room, just getting a little warn with time. Toilets are gas station type lever flush toilets, the rooms a bit barren and rugs that could be replaced. It was okay as a bed for the night, but if I was staying in the area for more than a day, I'd stay at the Comfort Inn next door for a couple bucks more.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn Lookout Mountain? Share your experiences!