“Awful and Nasty!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Awful and Nasty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

My fiance and I went to stay there for some time to ourselves. We checked into our room, 210, as I was laying on the bed, I noticed a bug, I ignored it. Then later, I started noticing more bugs on the bed! I examined them, googled bed bugs, and that's exactly what they were! We transfered to a different room, thinking it would be cleaner, but no. Still the same. We complained to the Managment, and they did not seem to care. We left right away. I don't advise anyone to stay there.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ashok P, General Manager at GuestHouse International Inn Hamilton Place Mall, responded to this review, January 14, 2015
Chrissac,

I want to apologize for your stay with us in 2010. We did not have bed bugs then and certainly do not now. Many types of bugs can be mistaken for bed bugs, and I believe this is your case. We have not had any issues or claims with this particular item in several years. I apologize for your issues once again and would like to give us another chance on your next visit to Chattanooga.

Ashok

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Tallahassee,FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

We booked 2 rooms, myself and boyfriend in one room and his parents in the other. Both rooms were very dirty in very obvious ways. To start off with the hotel use to have smoking and non smoking we got what use to be a smoking room when every thing had burns in it from the sheets to th floor to the curtains. There was a NASTY yellow film that was sticky next to the sink on the wall and light switch. The floors turned my feet black after moments of walking on them. The tan cover had 2 hard white spots on them witch we did want to look in to. But that being said we got up the next morning to find there breakfast to be old cornflakes some bread with milk and water to drink. With the money we spent for breakfast we could have stayed in alot nicer place. BUT IT WAS CHEAP

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Manders0519,

I want to apologize for your stay with us back in 2009. We have had several staff turnover since then and want you to know this is not our standard. We pride ourselves on room cleanliness and having a friendly staff. I apologize once again for your stay with us back in 2009 and want you to know that we have made several necessary changes since then to make our property better. Please give us another chance on your next visit to Chattanooga.

Ashok
tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

The room was sweltering, the a/c sucked. We asked for another room but was told there was not one available even tho there was only 2 other vehicles in the parking lot. I would NEVER return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Boise, ID
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2007

We had booked two rooms for one night. Both rooms were unacceptable as far as cleanliness. In addition, the bedstand contained an empty condom box. The curtains were soiled and the mirrors and windows were filthy. We had also been quoted a rate less than what we were charged.

We had stayed at th Guesthouse Inn in Nashville and our rooms were great there.

Stayed August 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2004

The last hotel we stayed at on our way home from FL was this guesthouse inn. We used a coupon from the coupon books we find at the rest areas. The young man who checked us in was very pleasant and gave us a very nice room. It was small but clean. This was our first experience with guesthouse inns. Actually never heard of them until we saw the coupon. Got a great rate. Breakfast is the usual fruit,breads, cereals, juice and coffee, pasteries and donuts but all were fresh and delicious. I would also like to note the restaurant that is across the street called the Key West Cafe. Really good food. I believe they have more dine in customers but they graciously took care of my carryout order for supper the night we stayed. The only downside to our stay at this hotel, and its such a little thing, is the shampoo packet vs a bottle that would have a bit more for other people staying. Overall I believe we would stay there again if priced at or near what we paid this time.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2004

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel two times. We have just booked it again for this weekend. Our experience is quite different from the other reviews. We have never had any trouble with cleanliness or service. The owners are Indian but, that hasn't been an issue. We have stayed in one of the jacuzzi suites both times and the room was wonderful. We are going there for our 21st anniversary.

• Stayed April 2004
maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2003

What a nightmare! On a trip down to New Orleans from the D.C. area, we (my husband, I and our 2 young children - 5 and 7) booked a room at this hotel using the Tennessee coupons found at rest areas. We booked using our cell phone, were told that the rate of $45 in the coupon was acceptable, they had a nonsmoking, two double bed suite available. Once we got there, it was after 10 pm, the suite was decent, but not great, and we put the kids down to sleep. THEN, the front desk called and told us we had to move to another room, because OUR room had been booked already. Also, the new room would cost $65. Obviously, my husband was very upset. He tried to tell them that we would pay the extra $20 just to let our kids sleep. They refused. The other ladies had booked a suite, and they only had the "jacuzzi" suite left which was $99/night. Mind you that the other ladies were very nice and offered to stay in whichever room was available to let our kids sleep in the one we had been given.My husband told them that they have no business sense - that they should offer the ladies the jacuzzi suite because it was unlikely it would be used that night - it was past 11 pm. Also, it was their mixup in booking, so they should just apologize and let things be. That was when the owner came, started yelling that she would call the police, etc. I ran down. Fortunately, unlike my husband, I was Indian like the owner and was able to calm her down in my own language. My focus was to get our childrent a decent night's sleep and that I would deal with the mess later in a letter to Corporate and Better Business Bureau.Their weird behavior chased the other ladies away, who told us that they were disgusted with their attitude and would rather find another place.What a nightmare! Don't go there. It isn't worth it. Stick to the known names - Comfort Suites, etc.

Been to GuestHouse International Inn Hamilton Place Mall? Share your experiences!