“Home Away From Home” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Abingdon, Virginia
“Home Away From Home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This hotel is clean, comfortable, and friendly. From the free breakfast, to the full kitchen, to the ability to print off last minute business needs at no cost are all reasons to stay here. Free High Speed Internet and a location close to restaurants and a grocery store are super convenient. I've stayed here 6-8 times now and will continue to stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel for over a year on business, We were so comfortable that we choose not to get an apartment. The rooms are clean, The beds are wonderful and the service from house keeping, desk clerks was exceptional. Always helpful with directions or places to go. The breakfast was nice fruits, oat meal, waffles and more, They have a tuesday evening get together. Sometimes chili, or pizza ,taco, various things.Thats nice you get to met new people. I must say it kinda felt like home, We are going to Texas now I just hope we can find a place there as nice, Great value....Very safe ....Cozy beds. We will always stay there when in the area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

The staff is great...they make sure you are comfortable.
The rooms are kept clean and the beds are nice.
It is really located good for stores, restaurants, and attractions.
I have been here a little over 9 months on business and would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

I booked this hotel two days early on line. I called the hotel in morning before I checked in and I was told that my reservation was confirmed. When my wife and I arrived at right after 3 PM, they said to us “We are overbooked but don’t worry we have a room for you in our SISTER HOTEL, SLEEPING INN”. Fear of not getting a hotel to stay, we had to accept. When I was signing in sleeping inn, I saw the amount that Mainstay paid sleep inn was around $50 but I PAID $81.22 for the hotel reservation! Sleeping inn is the hotel I would never book for myself. When I booked the hotel, I was searching for a three star hotel. I ended up getting a two star hotel with three stars hotel price. What a RIPPED OFF.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

During Riverbend we stayed for one night and honestly it was one night too many! The staff was very friendly; however, when I found a roach crawling across the floor in our room, I was not offered any kind of compensation other than they would move us to another room. Had it been earlier in the evening we would have taken the offer but it was after 1am. Then later that morning I found a water bug in the bathroom and a large spider in the shower. When I asked for more towels the receptionist told me to go around the corner into the laundry facility and "grab" what I needed. The walls need a serious cleaning and the carpet needs to be cleaned very badly. The furniture was very dated. I usually only stay in Choice hotels but this is one I would NEVER stay in again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Georgetown, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

We stayed at this hotel with about 13 other families for 2 nights and the hotel staff was excellent. We had lots of children and they were very accomidating to us. The breakfast was the normal cereal, muffins, bagels & waffles. They do have small kitchens in the rooms which we did not use, due to our short stay, but would have been very convenient if we needed them. The desk clerk was always helpful with directions and let us use their meeting room for our group meetings!

• Stayed October 2009
mommageorge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Chattanooga airport. check-in went smooth, they accepted our 25% off coupon, downloaded from Chamber of Commerce site.
the room had a full kitchen, which we only used to make coffee. The bed was very uncomfortable, rolled to the middle. the bathroom was clean, but one tiny bottle of shampoo and one bar of soap was all there was in there.
TV remote did not work correctly, but we made do.
The continental breakfast was not good. With all the other hotels doing hot breakfasts, this one only had a waffle station, and everything else was cold. If you wanted hot tea, you would have to get water from the drinking fountain, then microwave it. Donuts were greasy, the coffe was very strong.
When we returned to our room in the late afternoon, our beds were still unmade, wet towels still in the bathroom. I called the front desk to ask why, and they said that the rooms are not cleaned every day if you stay more than one night. (we were staying two.) they asked if I received a check-in sheet that explained that there was no housekeeping (we didn't) I asked that if we needed more towels, would they bring them up. They told me to bring my room key down to the desk to get more towels.
I probably would not stay here again, even though the price was ok ($70 per night, after coupon)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!