I'm going to try to write a straight forward review and you can form your own opinions....
We arrived at about 8:00 p.m. on the Monday after Christmas. Myself, husband, my adult daughter and her boyfriend. We used the hotel for 12 hours. This was our 'halfway between our vacation spot and home' resting place.
Location: A bit confusing to find....if you use this property you'll see what I mean.
Upon entering the lobby we were slightly surprised by all the plastic hanging around the areas that were being renovated in the very small lobby area. We checked in and was given a room on the 2nd floor.
Upon entering the suite we were pleasantly surprised by how clean the room, kitchen area and bathroom was. The room/bathroom is extremely dated and very worn but clean (which is the most important factor for us).
We all wanted to take showers after driving for a long time and we were all incredibly pleased at the water pressure in the shower! With most hotels using water saver features it felt great to actually enjoy a shower.
This is where our review starts to go downhill....
Our suite was a 2 full sized bed (they were pretty small, but maybe that's because we're used to queen size beds when we travel and at home?) with a full size pull out sofa. The beds are so old that my husband and I literally sank together into the middle of the bed. Quite uncomfortable. The pillows are "mini pillows" and extremely hard to use.
We brought a laptop and hdmi cord to relax watching a movie before sleep. You have to actually go to the front desk for the remote to the tv. There is a cable remote for the cable box but other than turning on and off the tv you have to get the tv remote from the front desk.
The pullout couch was more than a joke. It was almost an insult. When we pulled it out, the bottom half of the "mattress" was NOT attached to the frame, nor could it be attached as most of the springs were broken. As there was no way to attach the frame we decided to try to put the mattress of the floor and my daughter's boyfriend would just use that. So, we pulled the mattress off and folded up the couch and proceeded to put it on the floor. The mattress was so worn and old that you could not only FEEL the springs in the entire mattress but you could SEE them too! They actually hurt to lay on! It was so late by the time we tried to figure out the situation he ended up using extra blankets from the bed and sleeping on the floor :-(
Breakfast: We went at about 8:00 a.m. Oh my.....cereal, NO milk, juice, coffee, bagels, NO cream cheese, toast, a few yogurts, no hot items. My hubby and I had a bagel plain and some coffee. During our 10 minutes in the very small breakfast room we did not encounter 1 hotel employee refilling anything. There was, though, a hotel employee who came into the room and proceeded to use the telephone to talk to someone for about 8-9 minutes without a hello or greeting of any kind to us on her way in or out. Kind of rude.
Checkout: Upon mentioning the unusable broken pullout couch the female employee that checked us out said, "oh, I guess I need to put that on so and so's fix it list". Checkout seemed fine but once I checked my online reservation once home I found they charged me an extra couple dollars than the reservation originally called for. While it's not a big deal overall it's still not what was quoted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All of our spacious, stylish suites include a fully equipped kitchen, irons, ironing boards, and either a sofa sleeper or recliner.Whether traveling for business, relocating to the area or vacationing with the family, the MainStay Suites extended stay hotel is the perfect place to stay in the Chattanooga area. Make us your home away from home while on the road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your MainStay Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mainstay Hotel Chattanooga
- Mainstay Suites Chattanooga
- Mainstay Chattanooga
- Chattanooga Mainstay Suites