“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is an older motel refurbished and rebranded as a Sleep Inn. We stayed in a room with a single queen-sized bed for two nights. The room was small but adequate to our needs, and everything worked. There was a stall shower (no bathtub,) but there was never a problem with a lack of hot water or of water pressure.

The breakfast (included with the cost of the room) was adequate if not exciting, and the staff were friendly and helpful. We chose this motel because of the relatively low cost and generally good reviews here when compared to nearby hotels, but were happy enough with what we experienced that we would be willing to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

82 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Rocky Top, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel was nice enough, clean & nice staff ..... other than the manager who triede to gouge me for a late checkout - made me wonder if he was pocketing the "late check-out fee". He was rude, was NOT understanding of my circumstances at all & tried to get as much out of me as possible for a hr & a half late checkout request. The hotel is in a conveient location for my business trip & I wanted to keep staying there for the next month & told them as much. However ..... because of the managers attitude & demeanor ..... I WILL NOT RETURN

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Phenix City, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

a friend and myself stayed here for 2 days and overall, it was a decent stay.
CONS:
-The rooms were small but clean
-Only a stand-up shower but it was large and clean.
-The beds were uncomfortable but tolerable for the length of time we stayed.
-The all male front desk clerks were temperamental and unfriendly but cooperative.
-The breakfast was ok but did not eat it the 2nd morning......decided for a microwavable breakfast instead!
-The cleaning staff DID NOT make our beds, empty trash, replenish towels, or even vaccuum when we stepped out for the day
-The back door was an "key-access card only entrance' but found it unlocked on several occassions. We felt uneasy about this and brought it to the young male clerk at the desk. He rambled on and on about "he was trained to lock it at 10pm but finally said "well then, i will lock it if it makes you feel more comfortable." we could not understand the resistance of it not being locked in the first place!!!
- alot of the TV channels were fuzzy and could not watch

PROS:
-The location of the hotel was AWESOME and easily accesible
- a LARGE variety of shopping stores and restaurants
-Good insulation in the rooms....very quiet and no disturbances.
-The area felt safe and secure

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The rooms and common areas were immaculate, beds were comfortable and service was great. Hotel has three floors with inside corridors and an elevator, which was greatly appreciated by my almost eighty year old mother. We had eight people in two adjoining rooms and I could not hear my always talkative nephew in the next room. Hotel is conveniently located close to several restaurants and appears to be a good part of town. Bath has no tub, but the shower is large and water pressure is best I've had in a hotel in a long time. (I hate those showers that just seem to drip). The continental plus breakfast (waffles and sausage) was well stocked and the pastries, bagels, fruit and yogurt were FRESH. I had absolutely no problems and was very pleased with my two night stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

First impression - not up to Sleep Inn's usual standards. Rear outside door room key only access didn't work, so not much security. Dirty hallway carpets. Tiny room. Super sparse breakfast offerings. Sorry, can't recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I had a trip to Chattanooga unexpectedly and decided to stay at Sleep Inn. I had a late checking (about 10pm). The clerk was nice, however, when I got to the room there were only 2 towels and after showering, I went down and requested additional towels and pillows. Clerk stated no extra pillows as the room had extra (there were 4 pillows, and 2 people). The hotel was clean and the room was decent although small, with no closet so suitcase etc were in the room. The bathroom was a standup shower which was not a problem for me, actually liked it. i requested a late checkout due to being a Choice privileges memeber and was granted with no problem. I did not go down for breakfast, so could not give any feedback on that, however my guess would be that it was average for that type of hotel. The refrigrator in the room was rusty, but clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
niceville, fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our plans changed unexpectedly and we found ourselves in need of a hotel for a two night stay. This hotel is newer and it is located behind a group of hotels near Ft Campbell.

Upon walking into the lobby I noticed an odd smell but chalked it up to cleaning soaps. Once we entered the elevator I thought we may have an issue...due to the dirty floor; we entered our room and I was pleasantly surprised to find a large, clean room...well, except for the splashes of stuff on the entry wall. After I wiped goop off the walls I proceed to check the bed and found blood stain (not too large) on the comforter. I notified the desk and they sent house keeping up with a new clean one....um about 4 hours later. Our stay after this was uneventful and we were able to rest well. Desk help is a little slow.

Room Tip: One thing I would like to point out is that it seems the owner's use their children as part of t...