“Best Red Roof Inn, EVER!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Chattanooga - Downtown

You added Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Chattanooga - Downtown to your Saves list
Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Chattanooga - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2431 Williams Street, Chattanooga, TN 37408 (Formerly Rodeway Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #38 of 98 Hotels in Chattanooga
Beverly, NJ
“Best Red Roof Inn, EVER!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our last stop on a swing through Tennessee and the third Red Roof Inn in which we stayed. Not only was it the best hotel of our trip, but it was the best Red Roof in which we have ever stayed. This is a fairly new location and recently renovated hotel, and it is listed as Red Roof Inn Plus. We booked a Non-Smoking King Suite. We always choose Red Roof Inns when available because we always travel with our mini-poodle.

The positives:
1. These rooms were great--spacious and new. All surfaces were granite topped.
2. Room had a soft-leather loveseat/sleeper.
3. Rooms had refrigerators, microwaves, safes, irons, ironing boards, individual coffee makers, etc.
4. Free WIFI
5. Bathrooms had marble-tiled showers, modern sinks and a heat-lamp.
6. Towels were large-sized and more plush that we normally expect at a Red Roof Inn.
7. Love the rooms with floors rather than wall-to-wall carpet, which shows stains and retains odors.
8. Location had an appealing indoor pool.
9. Staff couldn't have been more courteous or helpful.
10. All lamps had an outlet to recharge electronics.
11. The full breakfast blew us away! It included not just the usual cereal, Danish, fruit, coffee and juice but also eggs, sausage, biscuits, and make your own waffles (you pour the batter) and maple syrup.
12. It was just a short drive to downtown Chattanooga and Lookout Mountain.

I only have two negatives and one isn't the fault of the hotel.
1. We found the rooms a little noisy from outside noise. There was a group of motorcyclists staying in the Motel 6 across the street, and we heard them come and go. Also, the birds woke up us around 4 AM every morning.
2. Except for a KFC two blocks away, there are no restaurants near the hotel.

Otherwise, this was a great hotel in a great city (Chattanooga) and it was a great way to end our vacation. We hope to be back.

Room Tip: Book early. This hotel had no vacancies for the weekend we were there.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Rose Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The price was unbelievable, it was superbly clean, and the staff was incredibly polite, professional, and helpful. The building is older, but the renovations are excellent. Hard floors in the room, so you know they're clean, comfy beds, spacious bathroom. There were too many good restaurants to eat the continental breakfast everyday, but the one day we ate it, we found it to be adequate. Tip: get a premium room and you get free snacks, Juice, and bottled water left in your room everyday. I have stayed in hotels where I have paid 4-5 times more a night than I paid here and can honestly say this was a better stay.

Stayed April 2015
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We wanted a weekend get-a-way from Atlanta so we chose Chattanooga. I had a free night loyalty certificate so we chose this hotel. Check-in was easy, the room was clean (although sparse), and they allowed dogs. We were not in the room except for sleeping since we spent all of our time looking around at the sights. The location of the hotel was in a good place: Halfway between downtown and Lookout Mt. We had no trouble finding any of the local sights including the Chattanooga market, dog park, Lookout Mt., the free shuttle, and the downtown sights. Breakfast was good but there were too many people hovering around to sit at only two tables. Someone needs to be there to continually clean up during busy morning rush and not just one person handling the desk and breakfast area. Everyone was polite and the property seemed well kept. WIFI worked well. I would return there.

Room Tip: If you have a dog, stay on the first floor...inside access only.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When we first got into our room I was wanting to watch a game. We did not have a cable box so there was no cable in the room. We waited over 2 hours for the cable. When I took the dog out after waiting an hour the front desk clerk said he already tried going up there (again after I Sat there an hour..I'm supposed to wait that long?!). The bathroom sink was not usable for over 24 hours! The water was to the top. Cleanliness was okay. Our toilet seat was gross. The room they initially showed us toilet was not flushed nor did the toilet even work. I gave my survey to red roof and they APOLOGIZED AND HOPED I WOULD GIVE THEM ANOTHER TRY. That's not how you handle a customer issue. I get that things go wrong but you should make them right if you want repeat business. Maybe they don't like repeat business or money. Since they don't I will warn others on here.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked this motel online using the company's website for a 3 night stay in February. We checked in and after making our way through the smokers loitering at the exits, found our room. The room wasn't what we had booked so we went to the front desk. The guy working there was very rude and told me I was wrong because they did not have a room like I claimed to have booked. He moved us to another room. That room had a window that had such a gap that the wind was howling in the room, bringing cold air with it. We returned to the front desk and was told that maintenance would be called. 15 minutes later we learned that maintenance had left for the day so we were once again moved to another room. The third room had just as large a gap in the window as the second , letting the cold air pour in. After noticing the trash bags left in the hallways and all the issues we had already had we decided to go to another hotel. They advertise this place as newly remodeled, but have not kept up the rooms since the remodel. Do yourself a favor and choose any other hotel in Chattanooga !

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Elizabeth McCary at the front desk was very helpful and so nice...she helped with everything we needed... Great job...we will definitely go back..we had fun swimming in the nice,warm pool and was very clean and inviting...

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for kid-free weekend. Elizabeth, the woman at the front desk, was beyond sweet. She greatly exceeded expectations and provided us with incredible customer service. Our room was very clean and the jacuzzi tub was perfect for our romantic getaway. We're very satisfied customers.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
i0806, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Chattanooga - Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review about our hotel and staff. I'm glad Elizabeth was able to help you and that she exceeded your expectations, I will be sharing this review with Elizabeth. We hope that we see you again the next time your in Chattanooga.

Thanks,
Dhaval

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ & Suites Chattanooga - Downtown? Share your experiences!