“Nice Hotel, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
GreenLeadersGold level
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice hotel...well located, staff very friendly, clean and outside sitting area is very pretty and comfortable...highly recommend for tennis families visiting the area. Lots of eating options close by. Very accessible to interstate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chattanooga I-75, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Friendly, Clean and Comfortable! We here at Chattanooga Courtyard couldn’t have said it better! Our courtyard is relaxing and fun for all types of guest whether family or business. Thank you for your feedback and recommendation!

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Amazing customer service at the counter and from management. Allison went above and beyond. I commented my room was hot to myself when I walked in. A housekeeper overheard and told the manager. Unsolicited and certainly unexpected I got a call asking what they could do to make it right. I was given a couple of pantry items and 2000 Marriott points. That was amazing and totally unexpected. The desk staff was great at any hour of the day. They seemed happy to help and saying hello was their pleasure and not a distraction.

The location is right by a decent mall for Chattanooga. You can walk to Red Lobster, J Alexanders, or Starbucks easily. There is lots of shopping and a$3.50 movie theater down the street.

The room itself is a standard Courtyard room. The curtain colors keep it brighter than most. I like the different shower curtain. The tub and bathroom were actually updated and the room is comfortable with plenty of outlets. I would have liked to had a luggage rack, thehot tub was filled with concrete. The gym is lacking but standard for this category hotel. I just left and ran a lap around the outside of the mall. The room TV had a channel guide in the booklet. Lobby is the updated bistro set up. Room was very clean.

The first place that made me feel like a Platinum member is actually a big deal. I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2013
Totally Unexpected is what we like to hear! As a Marriott Rewards Member we are pleased you found our staff and accommodations to exceed all your expectations. Our team strives for excellence and attentiveness to every guests needs. We thank you for taking the time to let others know about your recent stay and how it is our pleasure to provide only the upmost service. Thank you again!
Sulphur Springs, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This hotel was awesome. Very nice. Very modern. I booked it on Expedia on the way there and didn't have much opportunity to investigate, but was pleasantly surprised. Fantastic room. Fantastic bed. Very clean. Cleanest bathroom in a hotel I've ever seen. Rooms laid out perfectly. The only downfalls: no elevator, but it is only 2 floors and the housekeeping staff was persistent. They knocked on door at 8:30ish and we told them we weren't ready to leave and then put the do not disturb sign on door, and once again in about an hour they knocked on the door. We again told them we needed a few minutes...check out wasn't until noon...not sure where the miscommunication was. The front desk man was excellent. They have a bistro that looked amazing, but we didn't have the opportunity to check it out. They have a marketplace by front desk, and a Starbucks that is open all the time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
What an Awesome Feedback! We make it our goal to live up to everything you said about our hotel. From the cleanest bathrooms to the comfortable beds!!! We are so happy you chose to stay with us and were pleasantly surprised. Thank you for bringing up the issue of being woke up by housekeeping. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you and we have spoken with the housekeeping supervisor to use this as a training opportunity. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was impressed by this hotel. Convenient, good restaurants nearby - and lots of them. And most importantly, this hotel was clean! Courteous staff. Nice little deli downstairs to grab Starbuck's coffee before you head out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Impressive is what we are! Not only is there an abundant amount of dining and shopping within walking distance from your room but we strive to have the best service for all our guests. Fresh brewed Starbucks right in the lobby is a great way to start your day. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your next stay.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The two things I consider most important when choosing a place to stay are good net connectivity and being within easy walking distance of good restaurants (not fast-food places -- restaurants where you can sit down and order a real meal and a glass of wine). This motel scored A+ on both of those requirements. In addition, the bed was comfortable, the room was spotless, and the all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The only negative was that I worried for a while about the blaring tv noise from the room next door. The sound seemed to be coming through the door between the rooms more than through the wall. Fortunately, it was turned off after a fairly short time. (If it had gone on well into the night, my ranking of the motel would have dropped significantly.) Note that breakfast isn't included in the room cost. That's pretty unusual these days. You won't starve, however. You can pay extra for either a small continental breakfast or a full breakfast.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Yes indeed! Our location is a plus for walking to fine dining restaurants as well as shopping. We are glad that our friendly and hospitable staff was able to accommodate all your needs while enjoying a comfortable stay. We are thankful for your feedback and look forward to your next visit to Chattanooga.
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This Hotel is AMAZING! This Hotel is in the Center of Everything, including 5-Star restaurants within walking distance! The staff is beyond professional. I stayed on a 'customer appreciation' night and was treated to FREE Pork Tenderloin, Starbucks, etc, by a real chef and was serenaded by a DJ!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rick C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chattanooga I-75, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
We believe our guest deserve the best! That is why we love going the extra mile for them. We are so pleased you enjoyed our Guest Appreciation Event. We strive to make every guest feel at home with delicious foods, drinks and an atmosphere to relax to after a long day. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you soon.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Courtyard by Marriott is a great supporter of Ronald McDonald House Charities. Each year they donate their time and resources to famililes throughout the TN Valley who have a critically ill or injured children. We appreciate their constant support.

I have also used their catering services several times to provide the meal for the Hixson Council for the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce meetings. Their food and service is exceptional.

I can't say enough about the individuals (Rick Cadena & Josh Lancaster) who support the Chattanooga community. I'm sure anyone that stays at the I-75 Courtyard by Marriott will feel well taken care of.

Jules Kinder, Development Officer at RMHC
and Board Member of Hixson Council, Chamber of Commerce

Room Tip: The food is delicious and the after-hours appreciation event is relaxing and enjoyable.