“A Good Stop” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 95 hotels in Chattanooga
Largo, Florida
“A Good Stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stopped on our way to west Tennessee. This was our second time staying at this motel. It's location off I-75, exit #5 is very convenient for travelers, with plenty of gas stations, stores, and restaurants nearby. We have enjoyed staying there both times. The lobby is attractive, and homey. We were treated very well at check in, and found the room to be up to standards for what we consider to be a good motel chain. Parking is very convenient with entrances off both the first, and second floor.I have absolutely no complaints, and the price is very reasonable. They also accept motel book coupons, which can save you a considerable amount of money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful words! We appreciate you staying with our hotel and look forward to you staying with us in the future!

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Brazil, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

The hotel is far from adequate. They have tried to update but have not finished even though it appears they are done. If you like to shower at night enjoy a lukewarm shower at best. If you choose to ask about the water temperature the night manager will be glad to inform you he has no control and the boiler is turned up as high as it will go. If the hotel cannot provide hot water to all rooms maybe you shouldn't book the hotel full. The sleeper sofa they want to market as a bed could be sold as a board.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your response! I am very sorry that you encountered issues with our water during your stay. Making sure that everything is in good working order is standard for any hotel and I am so sorry that we failed you.
Aubrey, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stopped here on way north to Lexington, waited in the lobby at front desk for at least 10 minutes with another arriving guest as there was no one at front desk. Finally arrived, no apologies. Needed two rooms which they put on second floor by open atrium of the lobby, so TV is blaring all day and night. Breakfast... nothing appetizing, picked over. Rooms ok but nothing special. Ok for a stopover but don't expect much here.

Room Tip: Stay away from center atrium, unless you want to hear the lobby TV blaring all the time.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you Horseflicks for your response. I want to personally apologize for the issues that you encountered while staying at our property. It makes me sad to see that my staff and I failed you during your stay. A great stay is something that I as well as my staff would like for every guest to have and I am so very sorry that it was not the case during your stay. I will be addressing your issues with my staff so that others are not as disappointed as you were.
Arcadia, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We came to Chattanooga under ruff circumstances. My brother was in a bad ATV accident and had been flown to Erlanger Hospital Trauma Center, we came from Florida not knowing anyone or being familiar with the area, we planned on staying at this Inn for a couple of days, then we would find a suite or weekly, monthly rental, depending on my brothers recovery. But after being here for a couple of days, the stress we were under, the comfort and beds and smiles we received were worth the price. We made some really great new friends that became family. They were amazing. The day before we were to leave, my mother, sister and niece were in a car accident and taken to the same hospital, Thank the Lord they were not seriously hurt, bruised, sore, and my niece broke her wrist, but they were all ok. The car however, totaled. We are now stranded, out of state, we knew no one....yet here come our new friends stepping up. Our Comfort Inn friends saw to it that we had what we needed. We went without nothing. Our beds were so comfortable, we were exhausted physically and mentally. We were so lucky to have met this wonderful group of people. Our Lord put us right were we needed to be. We hugged and cried as we left this new little family, and we will always be grateful for the cards, plant, care and love that we received here at this COMFORT INN, to Michael, Terrea, Tyeler, Melanie, Cathy, Misty, Alexis, and Alex, we will never forgot you...Thank you just doesn't seem enough. Our love and prayers are with each of you, hugs and kisses and much love we Thank you.....xoxoxo NOTE; When I originally wrote this review, I didn't notice the 1st one was for another chattanooga location, NO ONE other than THIS LOCATION DESERVES THIS REVIEW SHALLOWFORD DRIVE IS THE ONE AND ONLY.

Room Tip: We had three, 2 connecting upstairs, then moved to downstairs,,,they were all great, clean and comfo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
It was our pleasure in having you stay with us during your time of need!! It warms my heart to see that we were able to put a smile on your face and try to give you the comforts of home. Please come back and visit us again!! Your "Chattanooga Family" would love to see you folks again........
Athens, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived 8/8/2013, a little prior to check-in time. Room was ready. Melanie gave us a gift card for appetizer to Macaroni Grill and we chose to have dinner there that night. Our room was located on the first floor and close to the lobby as requested. Tyler and Tiara, the other desk clerks on duty during our 2 night stay were just as helpful, friendly and accommadating as Melanie. Having family and friends living Ooltewah, we will definitely consider staying here again. Very convenient to shopping, dining and attractions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
That is WONDERFUL news!! I cannot wait to share your comments with our staff letting them know that they did a job well done!!

Thanks!
Knoxville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

after visiting this hotel last summer, we were traveling and decided to stop here again, it was good last summer. This year, it was looking more dated, the pipes creaked, and all we heard was running toilets and doors slamming. The typical hotel sounds I can understand, but the toilet ran ever time we flushed it, and their was strange electrical or pipes screaking in our room, good thing we were only there for a quick be, shower and hit the road. Good breakfast in the morning though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay! I greatly appreciate the feedback that I get from my guests and use them to try to better the hotel. I apologize for the noise issues that you encountered. Myself as well as my staff are currently working hard to better the hotel and I promise that your next stay will be a much pleasurable one. Please let me know when you come back thru.

Thanks!
Saint Martinville, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

If you're looking for a hotel for one night this place works, I can't imagine staying for a week as it is a pretty small property and I think I would be claustrophobic. The staff is friendly and the room was clean. There were a few maintenance issues as they had a leak in the ceiling outside my room but it didnt affect our stay. The pool area is small but clean. Breakfast was good but typical for this type of hotel as there were some sports teams that apparently had no chaperones and they would jump in front of everyone when fresh food was brought out but not the hotel's fault.......Anyway, good stay and would do again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I'm very glad to see that you had a good stay! We are working hard to make this hotel one of the hidden jewels of the Shallowford Road area and I do hope that you come stay with us again!

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!