“Run through like cattle” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 55 Attractions in Chattanooga
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Parks, Waterfalls, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this thundering 145-foot underground waterfall, a natural wonder located on the scenic Lookout Mountain.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Portage, Michigan
“Run through like cattle”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014 NEW

The falls were really busy the day we went. We were put into a group of about thirty. The guide told us it was busy and that we would have to hurry through. She wasn't kidding. The only time that you were able to stop was when you were passed by another group. Once we arrived at the falls we were allowed two minutes roughly to take pictures of the falls before we were being hurried back out of the cave. I was also not impressed by the fact that they allowed the people on the tour to touch the formations. I have never been on another cave tour that allowed (or at least didn't disallow) the touching of these formations. Rock City was much better and allowed a tour on your own and at your own pace. For $22 a person to tour the falls, I thought it was overpriced for what we saw.

livin42day
28 attraction reviews
“Amazing & Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014 NEW

Walking thru the underground rock formations with a extremely knowledgable and fun guide made for an interesting visit. I had no idea these cavarens were so gorgeous. The names given to some of the formations perfectally fit them. Unbelievable that the man who explored this particular cavern crawled for hours in spaces that were so enclosed.
The 125 ft waterfall with the light show was an added attraction that I did not expect. I now want to travel and see more caverns that I have always passed on before.

Fort Knox, Kentucky
3 attraction reviews
“loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014 NEW

My fiancé and I had a great time visiting. The under ground water fall was worth the wait. the underground tour was something that you would not experience any where else. It's amazing what water formations can create underground. Loved it and recommend.

Visited November 2014
Dallas, Georgia
9 attraction reviews
“Neat, but very rushed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2014 NEW

This is a very neat and unique place with a cool background story. I would have given it 5 stars if you were not rushed through the whole thing like cattle. The guides move you along so quickly you can't even take pictures! I know that people can't sit their and dawdle, but at least pause for a minute or two for pictures and be able to look around. Once you reach the falls they turn on the lights for no more than 60 seconds!

Ruby Falls, slow down!

Visited March 2014
Fort Mill, South Carolina
7 attraction reviews
“One of God's little wonders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2014 NEW via mobile

giant underground waterfall with an amazing story behind it
You will really enjoy the walk through the caverns and the tour guides are excellent
And do not forget the incline railway that was built in 1895, it is only about 2 miles away