“Beautiful waterfall, so-so cave.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 55 Attractions in Chattanooga
Type: Caverns/ Caves, Parks, Waterfalls, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors are wowed by this thundering 145-foot underground waterfall, a natural wonder located on the scenic Lookout Mountain.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Illinois
30 attraction reviews
“Beautiful waterfall, so-so cave.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Ruby Falls was beautiful, but the cave leading to it is so-so. On a busy day, it can be pretty cramped, as the groups have to pass each other coming-in and going-out through the cave. However, it was worth the trip to me to see the falls. I suggest you buy a combo ticket for Rock City and the Incline Railroad.

Douglasville, Georgia
41 attraction reviews
“Nice place to explore if you're already visiting Rock city”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

They sell a combo ticket to Rock City and Ruby Falls which saves a couple of dollars. This underground waterfall is pretty with the lights that they shine on it and the journey through the cave is neat, but it's a little underwhelming. The story of how the falls were discovered is great.

Visited October 2013
“Not What I Remembered”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have been to Ruby Falls more times than I can count so I was so excited to share this experience with my daughter and husband who had never been. I can not believe how rushed thru the whole thing we were. What I remember was tge tour taking an hour and a half and the tour guides spending a lot of time answering questions and talking about the history. We were pretty much speed walking thru the entire thing. We were a little slower and actually fell behind a good bit. The tour guide didn't seemed concerned with this at all. They took 3 elevators down at one time and we actually had to back up against the wall to let other groups pass. Time spent at the actual falls was only about 5 minutes and you couldn't even get close bc there was so many people. When we came back up I had to take a phone call and the next tour came up behind me. A very rude tour guide asked if I was going to listen to his speech (explanation of where the gift shops were). I walk with a cane and have worked up to be able to do this with my family but I had no idea we would be walking so fast and actually felt singled out by our own tour guide several times. My disability is something I'm very insecure about and I was extremely embarrassed. What used to be one of my favorite things to do in Chattanooga has become all about getting as many people in and out as quickly as possible. I actually think its dangerous how many people they put in an elevator at 1 time and how many groups they have in the cave at once. It was $50 for 2 adults and a child (7). We were all disappointed, rushed, I felt discriminated against and we won't be going back. I'm sad bc I have so many fond memories. I last visited about 10 years ago.

“A must see while in Chattanooga!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We arrived about 9:30 am on a Sunday morning. Our tour guide was Doug B. Our experience was great! We had a good sized crowd but never felt rushed or unable to see things. The entire process is about 1 hour 10 minutes. Lots to see, and again I think having a great tour guide is key! We did the package with the Incline train and Rock city! All which is worth doing at least once in a lifetime! All if it was done in about 5 hours. And even my 16 yo son enjoyed it because it was different! Little pricey and if you do a package price then you can't use a military discount, it's one or the other but we really enjoyed our time!!!

Fairview, Tennessee
32 attraction reviews
“A must see.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you are claustrophobic, you might want to pass on this one. It is about a half mile walk through the underground cave to reach a lovely underground water fall.