You added Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
Certificate of Excellence 2014
State College, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is probably the best Hampton Inn that I have experienced in the US. As a Hilton Diamond I sleep in my fair share of them. The staff is top of the line, from the night desk clerk to housekeeping to breakfast staff. Rooms are very clean, and have a great view of the lake on the lobby side. Breakfast is the usual Hampton Inn fare, and I find it impossible to complain about a free hot meal! You won't regret staying here, awesome place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I love to hear that our staff is doing such a wonderful job for our guest. We try to make everyone feel like family here. We look forward to seeing you again in future. Also I would like to thank you for being part of the Hilton Family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We *loved* staying at the Caryville Hampton! We chose this as our evening stopover heading north from Florida - based on a recommendation in the book "Along I-75". We were pleased to find it exactly as described in the book; walls covered with news clippings, political memorabilia, and photos, which we spent quite a bit of time wandering the halls and reviewing. We woke up to a beautiful view of the Cumberland mountains and Cove Lake. Staff were great and the hot breakfast was good, too. The kids loved visiting with the llamas out back before we headed out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the lake for a great view in the morning!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for picking us as your stop along the way of your trip. We are glad to hear that you all had such a good time. We love hearing from our guest. We hope to see you in future visits back to us. Thank you again!!
Ohio USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Check In: We arrived at about 10pm looking for a hotel for the night en route to Atlanta. This was a perfect choice and under $100. We were greeted by James, who I can only assume is the night manager. A very pleasant check in process and very friendly staff makes you feel like you were visiting family right away.

The lobby/breakfast area is very cozy and comfortable. This hotel is very much like a museum. There are many photos and antiques around, and we loved the antique cars outside and fish tank inside at the entrance. The ambiance of this hotel was just as homey as it can get in a hotel.

Room: We had a king room down the main corridor. The room was pristine. Clean white linens and everything was spotless (and I am rather a picky hotel visitor). The room is a decent size, about what you expect at a Hampton Inn. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows, which there were plenty of, unlike some hotels that leave you only 2.

Breakfast: The breakfast buffet was slightly above the average. They have a hot buffet breakfast, that includes eggs and waffles.

We did not get to explore in the daytime as we had to rush out for Atlanta in the morning so sadly I did not have an opportunity to check out the pool and other amenities (ie. gym).

Overall: I will definitely keep this hotel on my list of places to stay while traveling down 75 en route to the south. I would rate it a strong 8 out of 10. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We hope to see you again in the future. Maybe the next time you will have time to look around more.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Fantastic travel stop. Clean, welcoming, friendly staff, good value. This hotel exceeds others we have stayed at in terms of comfort and surroundings. Decor represents interesting owner history and contains many photographs of times past. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
sherry m, General Manager at Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed the view of the lake. I loved to hear how we exceeded your expectations. We try to do that with all of our guest. Thank you again fo the review. Look forward to your next visit with us.
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff exceeded our expectations.We will definitely be staying there anytime we are in the area and will recommend it to anyone who is traveling through.The view is breathtaking!I Can not wait to go back and stay there again.Great job!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the front.it has the best view of the lake and the mountains
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Just saw the sign and thought "okay, a Hampton Inn;" we know what we are getting. First we drove up the long, steep driveway in that was lit by small white lights all the way; then we saw the antique farm implements and the statuary...hmmm. We checked in and found that they have llamas on the hillside to keep the grass "trimmed." There were tons of historical photos and posters in the common areas and halls, mainly from the local area. In the morning we were greeted at breakfast by the owner "Hack" Ayers, who got us coffee, tea and OJ while we got the rest of our hot breakfast. He visited with us for awhile and was very pleasant and interesting. What fun! Highly recommend a stop for some old time stories and hospitality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you all got to stay with us. Thank you for the review. Hope you all enjoyed everything and we hope to see you all again.
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Husband and I always try to stop here when ever we a passing through Tennessee on our way to Florida. Love all the pictures on the hall walls. The decor is like a small museum to the local area. The views of the lake and mountains are a welcoming sight after looking at cars and semis on a long stretch of highway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing us on your trips to Florida. We love hearing from our guest. Glad that you all enjoy the lake view and all the pictures. Look foward to seeing you all again.

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!