“Homey and Great Place to Spend the Night” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park

You added Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4459 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Caryville, TN 37714   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Caryville
Jackson, MS
“Homey and Great Place to Spend the Night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2007

This small hotel, located in the Cumberland foothills is surrounded by beautiful scenery, is charming, clean, convenient to major highway, and the staff couldn't be nicer. We only stayed one night before continuing on to our destination, but it was very restful. The beds are so comfortable--like sleeping on a cloud! The antiques, statuary, and real live llamas on the grounds add to the overall great atmosphere. We would definitely stay here again--highly recommend it.

• Liked — Convenience, cleanliness, courteous and friendly staff
  • Disliked — What's to dislike--it was great.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2007

My husband and I came to the Caryville area to look for property to buy. A search showed us this hotel was in the vicinity so we booked a room. When we arrived, we were very happy with the hotel. The room was very clean; the staff were very helpful and nice; the pool was beautiful and well taken care of; the antiques and pictures on the walls make it almost like being a museum because they are so interesting. The complimentary breakfast in the mornings was very good and even had biscuits and gravy! And finally, it isn't every day you can look out your hotel room and see a cute llama on the hillside. I recommend this hotel and we plan to visit it again.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Charlestown, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2007

Just a note: My wife and I booked a room here at The Hampton (AARP) a day in advance for just an overnight stay. We drove down from Indiana too look at lakefront properties in Tennessee, and wanted a nice place to stay overnight. I had read the reviews of other hotels in Caryville (some not too encouraging), and The Hampton Inn seemed to be one of the best. Believe me, The Hampton is definitely one of the best, if not "The" best hotel in Caryville. Everything about The Hampton Inn was clean and refreshing. As other's have stated, the bedding was very accomodating; I even looked up on the net the pillows etc. that are part of the sleep experience here. It was that nice and fresh! I can't enumerate all that was great about this hotel, but I can say: Stay here when in Caryville.....You'll be glad you did.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2007

This hotel was way nicer than we had anticipated! We stopped to stay here on our way home from Florida after a long day in the car, and were amazed at all the little details. The hallways are decorated with historical photos. The clerks at the front desk were very friendly. Our room was very spacious and the beds were very comfortable, as were the pillows. We actually wrote down the name of the company that made the pillows so we could order some for at home! Our room was at the very end of the hallway, so it might have made more sense for the front desk to suggest parking near the stairs rather than the elevator, but it wasn't too much of an inconvenience. The tv had a large selection of channels. The breakfast was wonderful, there was a variety of hot and cold foods and it was well stocked. There was also a large selection of teas and hot chocolate as well as coffee available in the lobby. The maid greeted me in the hallway in the morning, and asked if I had recieved the new white comforters that were being put in the rooms, and I had not, but the ones we had already seemed like new. The only minor problem we had was that our toilet seemed to be clogged, but it was fixed in no time.

The scenery outside was very nice, the porch swings were a nice touch, and it was a pleasant surprise to see the llamas in the morning, since we hadn't seen them when we first arrived at night. We also had a great view of the Smoky Mountains in the distance. I'd definitely stay again.

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Tri-Cities, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2006

Had the opportunity to stay at this property while attending the University of Tennessee fooball game and Boomsday the following night. This is a wonderful property where it overlooks the park and also thru the hotel you can see the past of the area and how it has grown.

The rooms were nice, quiet, and the bed was the most comfortable bed that my wife and myself has ever slept in. Each morning the breakfast that was offered was fully stocked even past the deadline of serving. The pool area was located in the back of the building in the middle of the property. Also a small hot tub was there as well. Plenty of privacy and no noise. I would highly reccomend anyone to stay and enjoy.

• Liked — The whole experience was great.
  • Disliked — Would have liked to take our two small dogs on the trip instead of doggy day care.
  • Tips/Secrets — Need to book early. This property is sold out almost every weekend.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2006

We booked this place only because of it's location by I-75, but it was so nice.

The staff was incredibly friendly, and for an extra ten dollars, we were able to book a room with a balcony and a view of Cove Lake. Book ahead of time and do this. I know it sounds silly, to pay more a view, but do it. Seriously. Look at the photos I'm adding to my review. These were taken from our room's little balcony. Tell me you don't want a view like that for a few extra dollars.

The outdoor pool was nice, and the hot tub was small but still decent.

Breakfast was included in the price of the room, and they even had hot sausage and french toast strips, in addition to all the typical continental fare.

Also, for some reason, there's llamas. And who doesn't like llamas?

I'm not kidding. Llamas.

Great little hotel.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. We stopped at it overnight on our way home from Myrtle Beach. After staying at a lower quality hotel at the beach, we were set to stay at a Hampton on our trip home. We have always had great experiences with Hampton in the past, but was still surprised by this one.
As far as cons, I can only think of one small one that didn't really matter. The elevator was a little scary when we used it, and didn't seem to be working the rest of our stay. There are only 2 floors though so I recommend the stairs. Especially since they are decorated with old photos like the rest of the hotel.
The pros are many. Like I mentioned before, the whole inside of the hotel is decorated with old photos. It reminded me of a history museum. There are also decoration on the outside, including some old cars. The biggest pro though is the view from the hotel. It sits up on a hill and overlooks Cove Lake and the Cumberland Mountains. They also have a large fenced in area all around the hotel with llamas inside. For the room, it was the usually excellent Hampton quality. I have included photos. Mostly of the view.
I highly recommend this hotel. It was just an overnight stay on the way home from vacation, but after finding it we wished we could have stayed there a few more days. We will definitely include this hotel in our future vacation plans.

• Stayed July 2006

Been to Hampton Inn Caryville - I-75 / Cove Lake State Park? Share your experiences!