“Wonderful atmosphere, but the food is MEH” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Bristol, Tennessee
“Wonderful atmosphere, but the food is MEH”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This restaurant has been a wonderful and much needed addition to Bristol's downtown lineup. The interior is beautiful, and it's a great place to meet up after work for a drink. As someone that enjoys going here quite frequently, I have to say that the food has never blown me away. Yes the menu is quite diverse, but I've never had anything that in the way of taste was overly fabulous. I'm also not a fan of the entree prices. It's Bristol, so let's be frank - paying $5.99 for 3 Spring Rolls is way out of line. I'm all about paying for what you get, but I've just not found anything on the menu that blows my hair back. Until then, I'll stick with the beer. I also think the management staff could work on the friendliness of their hosts, servers, and wait staff. While I've never had anyone be rude to me, I sure haven't had anyone be overly friendly to me either. While I love the idea and location of 620, overall there sure is room for improvement.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Great experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Overall this was a great experience. The drinks were really cheap, service was excellent, food was tasty. It was a nice evening in downtown Bristol.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great atmosphere and good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The facility is historic and the renovation for the restaurant is outstanding. The concept is strong. The food is good and the menu is diverse and offers something for everyone.
Downtown location with options for lunch, dinner and late night fun for live blues music.
Service is good but during the prime time you may experience delays.
Price is premium but commensurate with good value.

Bristol, Tennessee
“Appears poorly managed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I will say the food is good, but our last visit was a repeat of poor management practices that caused us to decide it will be our last time there as a paying customer. The front-end manager doesn't understand economics 101 or customer satisfaction when he refuses to seat a party of 6 at a suitable booth that has no reservations on it, and the establishment was at 30% occupancy at best, simply because the entire party was not present is ludicrous. His solution was to send us to a smaller booth and then when our entire party arrived they would unseat us to the waiting area only to then be out on a waiting list for a larger booth. After I finally informed him I intended to speak with an owner about it, he gave in. Later, several waitresses told us they agreed with our stance but there was nothing they could do about it.

In addition, I was shocked at the bill that had $11 for a small glass of locally made wine. In my opinion, gouging is not a good way to retain customers. After all this restaurant is located in little Bristol, not New York!

They have a great atmosphere and location, so I sincerely hope they read this review and get their act straightened out. After all, there are several "Hi-End" restaurants coming soon right around the corner from them at Exit 5/7 that will pull their clientele if they don't take measures now to cement them with gratitude!

• Visited January 2013
Bristol, VA
“Atmosphere great. Food good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

It is a fun place to eat and there are a lot of great items. Their strengths lie in their appetizers and soups. The entrees were a little disappointing. I would recommend going on half priced Sushi night which is Tuesday or Wednesday I think? It isn't the best sushi in the Tri Cities but they have a good selection and often the best price. They also often have good live music. In all, I'd recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012