“Delicious (Southern) Comfort Food” 4 of 5 stars

423-274-0200
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 82 Restaurants in Bristol
Stafford, Virginia
“Delicious (Southern) Comfort Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My son and I visited on the recommendation of our hotel staff at the Marriott and were not disappointed. We wanted a home-cooked meal and we found it. All of the wait staff as well as the cooks (they literally cook your food 10 feet away; how cool is that!??) made the visit that much more pleasant. We had the omelet, grits, hash browns, "fluffy buttermilk" pancakes as well as biscuits and gravy. ALL were made from scratch and delicious! (It was so good we came back the next day). A hidden gem. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, Tennessee
“Not very caring”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Ignored for a long period. Servers arguing for whatever reason. Not very clean or professional. Not a very likely place to visit.

Visited November 2012
Bristol, Tennessee
“Great atmosphere for a family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've traveled allot and have eaten at many places, but Waffle House, Perkins, Denny's or Hardees cannot stand up to this place. They are alert, service oriented, joyful, and always looking to make you a pleasant dining experience. I've eaten there when the Hatchers owned it, it was run down, employees appeared to not care and it was dirty, but now the new owner is cleaning up everything, bringing new glory to an old building. As for those who expressed negative comments, I believe these are the ones the new owner is trying to get rid of. They always sought to get something for nothing by constantly complaining about something, foul mouths and they didn't care about the families in there presence. I even witnessed the new owner ask a customer to leave for there foul and foolish behavior. And he was not afraid of escourting them out to protect the interest of those enjoying themselves. We applaud him!!!!!!! We need more managers like him in other restaurants.

Ethan A.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I used to eat here for breakfast and it was good not the best but good. I went there in the first of november, just me and my wife one morning and it was terrible. The only good thing was the waitress keeping our drinks full and checking on us. I had one biscuit and gravy with side of tomatoes and sweet tea. The wife had French toast (Texas toast according to the menu) with powder and syrup on the side and also hasbrowns and sweet tea. My biscuit was so hard, not burnt but probably made a few days ago and the gravy just barely warm. I ate half and was done. My wifes French toast was not prepared the way it should have been and she said it tasted like it had some type of garlic on it. She probably ate half of it but with a lot of syrup on it. The final bill $19.46 plus tip of $2. I will never go back and tell people frequently that it is not very good. It's better to drive a few miles more for a lot better food. Thanks

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Best breakfast in Bristol!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

The warmth of the people in this restaurant and the delicious food made us very happy customers! This diner is not fancy but the food is cooked and served with love.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere