“Slow service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Blountville, Tennessee, USA
“Slow service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Tried the new menu at Applebee's last night. The food was very good. The restaurant wasn't full but we had trouble keeping the waiter on focus. But in his defence after being bumped into by a waitress and her just walking away. He has to clean up all the water and tea plus wait on his tables. She in no way helped. So the tension was there.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bristol, Tennessee
“Great Meal, New Interior Design, Super Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I've been a fan of Applebee's since they opened in Bristol, and have seen their several different changes in management, menu, and interior design. I like their new interior design, and the menu has a very strong selection of items at competitive prices. The consistency of the service and the menu offerings is generally quite good. As a personal preference, I find that the ambiance in the dining area, as opposed to the bar area, is generally better. Service is good in both, but the overall background seems quieter in the front dining area, as well as the back dining area. I'd ask for one of those if you're looking for a quiet place for a meal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Piney Flats, Tennessee
“Seems to be improving”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This review is a combined review of my last three visits. Overall, this restaurant seems to be improving and is a decent spot for lunch. Their all-you-can eat lunch provides some decent variety and they are generally fairly quick in getting it to the table. I am a fan of Applebee's steaks, but this location seems to overcook them every single time. Order it at least one degree of doneness below what you would normally prefer. Their brownie bite is the best deal on a dessert in town.

I give it 4 stars for lunch primarily because of the speed, the selection and the fact that I can get a cheap dessert that is quite good. The service has been improving and overall I do not think this restaurant should have such a low ranking in Bristol.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, TN
“Background music much too loud”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food is just so-so. My main complaint is the background music from the in house system (not a live band) was turned up so loud I couldn't even carry on a conversation with my wife sitting across from me. When I complained, the manager came over & informed me that they were trying to attract a much younger crowd. So I said, "so you don't care about middle aged adults & older?" Arrogantly, he said, "No we don't." And we weren't the only ones to complain. Others around us voiced a complaint, but they were also ignored. The food is just average at best. We will never go back!

Visited September 2012
Bristol, Virginia, United States
“Lousy Birthday Lunch”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

So my GF took me to Applebee's in Bristol, TN for a Birthday Lunch yesterday, because I really wanted to try the NEW Brew Pub Pretzels. We got there and when asked, I said "Party of 2 and it is my birthday." The host said, "Happy Birthday and i will let your server know". Our server got to the table without a pulse and asked us what we would like to drink. My GF ordered a Chocolate Milkshake and I ordered a tall Blue Moon and the Pretzels. She came back with water instead of our drinks and took our lunch order. About 10 minutes goes by and we notice that our server is too busy hugging customers and lingering around. She had not even started pouring my beer. What made us get up and leave was when the server that was behind the bar asked her what she was doing and our server responded, "I am making a milkshake." The other server said, "You just got the ice cream." This 20 minutes after we had entered the building. We left without a word.

• Visited February 2013