“Great food with a unique touch!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 73 restaurants in Bristol
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Warm cozy environment designed for a true Dining Experience different from any in our area. Secured parking lot small outside dinning with fresh herd gardens and tulip and landscaping beds.Most of all trained warm service that cares.
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great food with a unique touch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My wife and I are always looking for something out of the ordinary regarding eating out. We are tired of the same old chain restaurants. She found Cafe Alona on Trip Advisor and thought we would try it out. We were pleasantly surprised!!

We not only like the "American" dishes they serve; but they are also featuring a different country specialty each week. Last week was the Philippines and although we didn't care to partake; we're looking forward to trying food from other countries. This week I see that the selection is German so we are thinking of trying to go again!

Our selections last Friday were prime rib (medium rare) for me and Eggplant Parmesian for my wife. Both were DELICIOUS and came with a salad. I had two sides with my prime rib. As I stated, very delicious and the mashed potatoes were creamy and very tasteful!

Our server, Pam, was great too and took the time to explain the Philippine dishes to us that were being offered. It just didn't sound like something my wife and I would enjoy that evening. But it definitely sounded like everyone around us was enjoying their food! Pam was very attentive all evening.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Cafe Alona! You will NOT be sorry! One of the best kept secrets in Bristol TN!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Bob;
Cafe Alona wants to thank you and your wife for trying our menu. Our International Cuisine changing Countries each week is very important to us, but we are proud of our Regular menu. We put a lot of hard work in our Regular menu. Most people come for lunch and eat a relaxed long lunch off our dinner menu. By you sharing this we hope that more people will understand that the menu is good even if you are not interested in International Cuisine. Hope to see you back soon.
Thank You for this Very Important Review!
Jeff & Alona

100% Recommend
“Our new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I had a date night here and loved it. The staff were extremely welcoming and knowledgable about everything. We tried their international cuisine special and I have to say for the price you pay and what you get are quite impressive. The meal was cooked perfectly and was very flavorful. We both wanted to try something different in the area and we now know where we can go for that. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a special spot that is different from any other in bristol. Get some cake before you leave as well! One of the best places we have ever eaten at.

• Visited August 2013
Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
thank you for the nice things you said and taking the time to write a review. if you like the cake we now have a large selection of desserts- BUTTERSCOTCH PIE, COCONUT CAKE, GERMAN CHOCOLATE CAKE, AND MANY MORE. See you at the cafe
Bristol, Virginia
“Always a Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Dinner with my wife, Jackie, at Café Alona tonight; Pancit Spring Rolls and Atsara, Sinigang Na Baboy, Chicken and Pork Adobo with Rice and Leche Flan. As usual, Chef Alona Kennedy has outdone herself, especially tonight with a special nod to her native Phillipines. If you're in the neighborhood, Thursday - Saturday, Chef Alona spotlights an ever-changing international cuisine, and boys and girls, it is well worth the effort to sample her talents. BYOB, so check the website, www.cafealona.com, on Wednesday afternoons to see what the cuisine of the week will be and to decide on your wine accompaniment, if you choose to go that route, and, by all means, to make your reservations . . . seating is limited.

• Visited August 2013
Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for all the kind words. We are nothing without your visits. It is so nice that you like my home cooking from Philippines. See you soon
Thanks Chef Alona
Blountville, Tennessee, USA
“"What a surprise"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I don't know what I was expecting, but not this. Ever week they feature a different cuisine. This weekend was Irish. Just let me say that my husband and myself did not go away hungry. The menu has a great variety. Our waiter was just great. He even brought out one of his cakes he makes just to let us see what he does. Well couldn't turn down a slice of his cake. Not just a little slice but a huge slice we both couldn't finish. Talked with Alona and ask her about her spaghetti sauce. I have been wanting a great sauce like we get when in Jamaica. Well she sent me out a sample of her's. So we will be going back so I can get her spaghetti sauce. So just give it a try and you will understand what I'm talking about.

• Visited March 2013
Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for this great review. Our entire staff at Cafe Alona works hard daily for these kind words. We all hope to get to serve you regularly. See you at the CAFE. Jeff and Alona and Staff
Johnson City, Tennessee
“You won't find anywhere like this in the Tri-Cities!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is an awesome place to eat! Chef Alona brings quality, creativeness and amazing flavors to the table! All fresh ingredients skillfully prepaired to bring you a unique dining experience. Chef Alona offers a 4 course meal every week from a different country. It is a way to experience cuisine from far away lands that you wouldn't normally get the chance to experience right here in the Tri- Cities! Their standard set menu is absolutely fantastic also! I have many favorites here! I recommend this restaurant to everyone. You don't have to have a palate for international foods even, because she offers many sandwiches and home cooked specials also. The service is excellent and a calm and relaxing atmosphere. Two thumbs up...WAY UP!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Jeffrey S, Owner at Cafe Alona, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I see the word fresh in your review! I just want to tell you that Chef Alona works hard every day to find fresh and as much local as possible. We closed the restaurant 3 days so we could search out the most fresh ingredients. When you come to Cafe Alona please pay attention to how you feel after the meal. We put a clean environment to all aseptic and sterile processes possible. Our open kitchen challenges you to see what we are doing at all times. Thank you Jeff & Alona Owners