“Uneasy night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Bristol
alabama
“Uneasy night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived in Bristol after making very long detour in Knoxville. Decided to stop for night - probably should have driven longer. The motel was a low average - fairly clean looking but just didn't feel comfortable. Lot of construction workers staying here but place was quiet. We were placed on back side which caused some concern but it was quieter. This whole area needs updating or closing - should try northern side of Bristol.

Room Tip: Drive further -
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Check in was at 3, we got there at 4 and our room was being "cleaned" meaning the bedspread on one of the beds was wadded up and the door wide open. Thanks to the door being open our room was infested with stink bugs. The carpet felt damp as well as the "clean" stained towels. The one bed that we did not see them change the linens was stained with some brown yellow mystery substance. As we were continuously cleaning the stink bugs out of the room we noticed our smoke detector didn't even have batteries in it. The door had such a gap on top and on bottom that we shoved towels in them to keep the bugs at bay. Despite our efforts to keep the bugs out we couldn't control them so we asked for another room within the first hour of being there. We were promptly given another room and this room had a pack of cigarettes in the freezer. The housekeeper admitted to only cleaning one bed in the first room because the other bed was already made. There was hair on our bathroom door and what looked like pubes in the shower. "Free WiFi" was never accessible. When we checked out I questioned this and the woman who didn't speak any english got an eight year old boy to talk to me. He found the wifi password and username on a post it note behind the desk. And apparently there was a shuttle bus to the festival 1 mile down the road that was never mentioned to us the entire weekend we were there. The room had two outlets period. None in or near the mirror or bathroom. The clock didn't work at all either. We had to unplug the lamp for our phone chargers. All this coupled with loud traffic and neighbors at 2 am walking around in hooker heels made for a sleep deprived weekend. Also don't eat at Alfredo's next door unless you want your order wrong, cold and love diarrhea. We had to leave the festival early the last day due to GI distress.
PS I am writing this while all of my luggage and clothes are tied in bags hoping to kill any bed bugs that I'm sure were in this place. I have stayed at many hotels and use to think all I need is a toilet and a bed, not anymore!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front near the road were cleaner and looked like newer appliances.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Toms River, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had some concerns after reading 2012 reviews, however, we had difficulty finding a pet friendly room last minute Sign said "Under New Management". Staff was accommodating. We found the room clean, freshly painted and somewhat updated.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Dirty.. & I do mean dirty rooms. Smelled horrible, my sheets were dirty & had stains. Hair in my bed, in my bathroom & sink. There were dirty used soap in my room, left over food in my refrigerator, toilets were filthy, staff was rude. Two towels & one had been used with what I can assume to be period blood on them. Gunk in the sink, very unsafe location & because I had been checked in for nearly an hour looking for another place to stay they refused to refund my money. So I slept, doors locked & one eye open because people were walking around my car all night. Loud noisy area. This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in & I have been in many many places & this is the one that did me in. Rooms advertised fire $59.95 till we got there & paid $80 in what the guy called "cleaning & service fees". Wifi not working & no technical help. This truly was the trip from hell. All I wanted to do was see the speedway Christmas lights. I'm so sad I even found this hotel online & wasted the money.

• Stayed December 2012
williamson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Needed a place to stay during our Thanksgiving weekend with family in Bristol, TN and the Econo Lodge was bopth convenient and cost effective. The staff was extremely helpful and did everything in their power to make our stay enjoyable. Definetly a place to stay when in the Bristol area. Thanks, Jay and staff.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side and upstairs are usually quieter. Plenty of parking and convenient to shoppin...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We are Choice Priveleges members so we decided to stay at a Comfort Inn in Bristol to earn points for our stay. What a mistake!! That was the worse hotel experience in my life. The LaQuinta Inn was booked up, so we decided to move to this motel for the second night. We were pleasantly suprised for the price we paid. This is a no frills, clean hotel. The staff was very accomodating. I would highly recommend for people with a budget.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the Comfort Inn.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dessau, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Our room was newly painted and it smelled like wall paint. The staff has been really unfriendly. There was no breakfast even if it's included in the room price. It's very noisy due to the highway just across the street. Further, we didn't even feel safe in our room, cause the safety chain seemed to be very used. Towels and bed have been quite dirty so we selpt on our own towels.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Bristol? Share your experiences!