“Nice mid-way stopover on the way to Nashville” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bristol
Alexandria, VA
“Nice mid-way stopover on the way to Nashville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This hotel was very acceptable and probably is the best hotel in Bristol. The rooms are fine - they were clean and functional. We used Hilton Honors points and paid $50 for the night. All Hampton Inn personnel we encountered were cordial and efficient. The breakfast is superb - great variety and they even offer a takeaway breakfast bag if you are so inclined. There is 24 hr. coffee and tea and cookies were available when we checked in about 6 pm. Although I think the rack rate is rather high given the location, this is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Hello. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn while you were in the Bristol, Tennessee area. And thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. That really means alot to us. Hope to see you again soon. Have a nice day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Duluth, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We checked in late on a Sunday night and the front desk reception was ordinary - not overly friendly but courteous. We has asked for a quiet room away from traffic and noise and young lady assured me that our room on second floor was just that. We left our luggage off in the room, freshened up and checked the room. Nice beds, clean and - at the time -was seemingly quiet. Since it was getting late we left to go to a restaurant to get a bite to eat and returned late. When we returned (quite late) we discovered that the room that was supposed to be on a side away from the traffic was one one the side of traffic. The room air-conditioner had stopped running (room was cool) so the noise was now evident. It was late, our clothes and toiletries had been put out so we decided to see if the noise would bother us. Fortunately we turned on the (noisy) room ari-c0nditioner and was able to sleep through the night albeit somewhat less than ideal.
The hotel is situated on a main drag near the Interstate so getting around is a breeze and nearby restaurants are easy to reach.
When we came back that night I noticed that there were no fresh or any chocolate chip cookies out. the new young lady on the desk informed me that they no longer offered these except on Mondays-Thursdays, not on weekends. That's funny, I said, we had just stayed at two different Hamptons enroute to Bristol (on Friday and Saturday nights) and both had them. She said they were not supposed to do that as Hampton no longer required or the hotel was not required to make them available. That sure was news to me as I had not encountered that problem in over 5 years of inter-state travel, a lot of which was indeed on the weekends.
The breakfast was usual Hampton fare and well prepared.
As for the front desk encounters I would rate it "C" and not nearly as good as other Hampton Inns I have stayed in. One final note: Of the 62 reviews on TripAdvisor (at the time), almost 50% rated the stays From "Average" down to "Terrible." I hesitated to book the room and thought I might find a 4 or 5 rating but, alas, the ratings were spot on. I learned a lesson. As for me, I will choose another hotel on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Prior ratings proved to be correct at this location
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to further discuss your visit, please feel free to contact me. I would love the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.
Harrogate, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Arrived earlier than i expected and they were very nice about getting me into a room. The room was terrific, very spacious and clean. It does sit right by the highway but the service was outstanding. Called to be sure everything was good and thanked me for being a guest there. I know it is part of their routine but it is a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Hello. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while you were in the Bristol, Tennessee area. And thank you so very much for taking the time to review your stay with us.
Please let me know if there was anything else that we could have done to make your next visit with us even better. I would really appreciate any suggestion or comment that you may have for us.
Hope to see you again very soon. Have a wonderful day!
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We had to go to Pittsburgh for a funeral. Stayed in the Holiday Inn there. On the way home we had some business to conduct in Bristol. Saw this hotel and decided to stay here.
For the price I at least expected a refrigerator. We had our cooler full of stuff. I had a very hard time sleeping. I kept hearing the door slam for other guest. I know this is not the fault of the hotel but still. And I did not feel safe. I got maybe 2 hours sleep.
The next morning I got up to go down to get coffee and something to eat. The food looked gross. So I did not eat. Came back to the room. I was using the bathroom my husband was getting dressed then I heard our door open to my surprise. Then I heard a lady say "What are you doing in here?" Then my husband said "What are you doing here?" While standing there in his underwear. We were getting ready to get on the rode again and leave. I went down to complain. The clerk at the front counter acted like I dont know like it was my fault. Any way the manager checked the door to see what times a key was used to get in our door. The time on the key checker was all wrong. Get it together manager. We did get half off of our room. But they should had taken it all off.
Never again will I ever stay here or any hampton for that matter. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were in Bristol on business and had a quite room- even though this hotel is by the expressway. The room was very clean. The desk clerks were exceptionally courteous and gave better service than in most pricier hotels we have stayed in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
I really appreciate you doing that for us.
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

For $122 a night, we got a room on the interstate 81 side (we were not made aware when booking) with pleasant truck and traffic umbiance noise all night to lull one to boredom and keep us awake all night. Just as the sweet sleep takes over you can hear the loud toilette flushing in your or the neighbors' room. No fridge. Dirty shower with half empty body wash from previous guest .... Times are tough one can't waste cleaning supplies and a perfectly good half full bottle of body wash. If you're looking for the "southern hospitality", you're better off at the Visitor Center.

• Stayed April 2013
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand from your review that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the disruptive noises coming from the interstate and if this inconvenienced you in any way. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options of more effectively soundproofing our property.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us.
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a typical Hampton inn. Clean with a nice staff. I recently stayed there with my family during a trip on 81. It is very close to the interstate which makes it easy to access but it also has a lot of interstate noise. You are right on top of 81. The noise is bad regardless and if the drapes aren't closed the noise and light is worse. It was OK for a stop over but I wouldn't want to spend an extended stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far from the interstate as possible but it probably won't help.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, April 1, 2013

Been to Hampton Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!