“Don't count on your reservations here...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bristol
Forest City, North Carolina
“Don't count on your reservations here...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I travel weekly to this area and have stayed at the Hampton Inn here because it is one of the few places left that allow smokers. The front desk staff are the greatest I have ever stayed with and are always helpful and willing to accomodate as able. The rooms are always clean. However...the biggest problem I have had at this hotel is that when reservations are made for a particular bed type, it is not always available at time of check-in. This has happened to me twice at this location and is very inconvienient! Will definitely be looking for another place to start staying in this area due to not being able to get the room that has been reserved!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I really appreciate the great comments that you had about our front desk staff.
I wanted to let you know what happened when your room type was not available for you. We only have 7 smoking rooms. One of our heating units quit working and we did not want to give anyone a "cold" room. I sincerely apologize that your reserved room was not available for you.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I sincerely hope that you will continue to do so!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

Stopped at Tennessee Welcome Center - very tired been traveling all day. Decided to stay the night and asked about Hampton Inn close by. Kind attendant checked on availability - we were advised to come on. We realized that we were on the Interstate - truck noise! Great front desk staff greeted us! We were given a listing of restaurants in the area. Returned to the room for an early evening. Noticed that window unit was a little loud. Did not know how loud until about 11:30 p.m. when all was quiet and it would go on and off - it work's on a setting and on and off loudly all night. Beds were good and the bath was clean. However with noise from the Interstate and the loud unit - made for a none restful evening. Early departure as we were awake anyhow. Nice breakfast - small eating area but it is divided into 2 sections - attendant was on the ball and a kind smile. Fresh fruit was great - as well as great coffee. Upon checkout mentioned the unit to the desk staff and she kindly made a note for maintenance. Back on Interstate!

Room Tip: Rooms opposite Interstate may be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here with us. And thank you so much the nice compliments about our staff. I apologize that we were not able to find you a quieter room for your stay. When you return to this area, please let us know so that we can get you a room away from the Interstate.
Woodstock, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

Conveniently located off I-81 for easy on - easy off, this is an older style Hampton, but kept up, that has above average customer service. Upon arrival and given my room, I was a little concerned as I was on the side near the highway. After expressing my concern to Heather, who checked me in, I went to get my bags out of the car. Upon reentering the hotel, Heather had checked for a room on the other end of the hotel and had already switched me. She even escorted me to my room to be sure it was suitable. I was impressed. She even recognized me as a Gold member.

Heather recommended the Brooklyn Grille for dinner, which is run by a local chef and his wife. It was out of this world. People come from all over to eat there.

Breakfast was on par with your Hampton breakfast with eggs and sausage and of course, I like their "Robust" coffee, where so many other hotel chains have watered down coffee.

If you're concerned about the trucks going by, request a room on the other side of the hotel, run the fan on your a/c and you'll be fine. The bed in my room had two doubles, but i was alone and didn't mind.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, November 6, 2011
Thank you for the great review. It really means alot to us that you took the the time to do that for us. I am so glad that you mentioned your concern about being close to the Interstate so we could get you into the quieter room. Hope to see you again very soon.
Charlotte
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

The nicest people will take very good care of you and meet your every need. Thanks to the wonderful staff. It means so much to be treated so well when we are away from home!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
I really appreciate you taking the time to review our property. It really means alot to us that you enjoyed your stay here with us. Our guest's satisfaction is our number 1 goal here. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while you were in this area.
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

Small Rooms with double beds. Could not find restaurants within a reasonable driving distance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for your review regarding the Hampton Inn Bristol we appreciate it. We are sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. We will continue to improve on our restaurant listing to insure that no one else has that same experience. Thanks again for your comments.
McLean, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We were on our way to Ashville, NC and should have kept going! Stayed here one night, and wish we would have known that it is located just feet from I-81 highway (trucks, trucks, trucks, LOUD all night long, and a 4-lane road on the other side. Our room needed major updating - old air conditioner unit under window (not updated to the thermostat on wall) that was SO LOUD, you didn't know what was worse, the truck noise or the a/c! The 3rd floor room was clean and the staff friendly - breakfast was fine. Also our mattress (& bathroom) had not been updated, it was the old 6" thick type, and hard - not the typical updated comfy Hampton Inn mattress (we stay almost monthly at Hampton's around the country). At check out, I asked when the room had been updated, and the mgr. said it had been recently. I almost laughed! She said the mattress just needed to be "flipped" and she would send a main. man to do it. She obviously has not stayed in any other Hampton Inns! Perhaps the hotel chain prefers to update other Hampton Inns with better furnishings depending on location. Very surprised that Hampton Inn chose this location, when they are usually off the main roads.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, September 18, 2011
Thank you for your review of our property. Please know that if you are not satisfied with your room, let us know and we can find you a quieter room. Our location here is just off of the Interstate which is easily accessed but means some road noise. The other highay that we are beside does calm down during the night, so we do have quiter rooms available. Again, Thank you for taking the time to review our property, it really means alot to us.
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I met my parents here recently as a halfway point between our house and theirs. When we arrived, they did not have our assigned room ready, so they upgraded us to a suite (very large!), for which I am very much appreciative. This is an older Hampton Inn where the renovations have been kept up, so we were fine with that. I always like to stay in Hampton Inns due to their "Clean fresh" bed, where the duvet is bright white and washed between each guest so cleanliness is assured.

They have a nice outdoor pool for the summer months, it gets lots of sun.

The only negative I can state regarding this hotel is the road noise, as it is directly upon I-81, near the TN/VA line. Earplugs are highly effective, but window soundproofing added would solve this problem nicely. Ask for a room not facing the highway if you would like it a bit quieter. I would assume this property gets very full (and expensive) during race weekends. The breakfast area is nice, if a bit small for the amount of guests.

I would recommend this hotel as a great stopover while traveling down 81. You can go into town, where State St. is unique, in that half is in VA and half in TN. It's a nice little downtown. There is not much fine or non-chain casual dining near the hotel, however you can drive a few miles and find what you need. The staff is quite friendly and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing I-81 if you want more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
BristolHI, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bristol, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
Thank you so much for writing such great compliments regarding your recent stay with us. We really appreciate you taking the time to do that for us. It really means alot to us, thank you.

Been to Hampton Inn Bristol? Share your experiences!