“We stay here when we go to Nashville.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 19 hotels in Brentwood
Batesville, Mississippi
“We stay here when we go to Nashville.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I would have given this hotel an "Excellent" overall rating, save for the complaint herein. First, let's start with the positives...it is a beautiful hotel. There is a huge, tropical-looking atrium that can be seen from many of the rooms as you step out the door. There is a neat glass elevator that gives good views of the atrium. Most of the time, you can get a good deal. The breakfast has to be purchased, but it is very good and included right in the middle of everything. VERY SCENIC! There is a bar, pool tables, library, etc. for entertainment. One time, I was very unimpressed. We had our reservation for months, and we were running very late. We called to confirm our room a few hours ahead of time and let them know we would be late because of a wreck on the interstate. When we got there, they told us that the guest who had the room the night before would not leave!!! That was a first for me...I have never heard of such. I wondered why he was not kicked out!! Regardless, we were sent to a nearby Holiday Inn, which wasn't nearly as nice and scenic. We were not happy. The thing that bothered me most is that I wrote a letter of complaint to the manager, and he or she never contacted me. Overall, I like the hotel.

Room Tip: One that walks into the atrium...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Teacheroftgers,
Thank you for the review and the wonderful description of the atrium and lobbies here at our hotel. I am so glad you enjoy all of those areas. I am so sorry to hear about your most recent experience with being relocated to another hotel. I also apologize that this is the first I have heard of it as I never received a letter from you. We never like to be in those situations where have more reservations than rooms available. There are a number of scenarios that could cause that and I am not sure which came into play for your reservation. If there is a bright side to the situation, it is that we paid for your room that night at the other hotel. Obviously that is not something we want to do either, we would much rather have you stay with us and enjoy our lovely surroundings that you describe. Again, my apologies and we do hope to see you back soon.

425 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Loveland, CO, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I asked to stay an addtl night due to flight cancellation/weather. The hotel was full but the front desk booked a room for me nearby. When a cancellation came through the next morning the mgr let me know that I could stay an extra night, and cancelled the other reservation. Above and beyond, Great service ! I had a busy day with clients and really appreciated not having to pack and check out. The suite was spacious, quiet, well decorated and clean -- all a business traveler can ask for. Love the quality of toiletries, a nice surprise ! Room service was quick both nights, but food was not outstanding, small portions, room for improvement there. Also, none of the vending machines worked. Checked 3 floors. I'm a former Hilton Honors member, but didn't travel much for a few years and lost points, etc. But, the accommodations are far above others in same price range, so I may be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,
I am so glad we were able to accommodate your extra night with us and help you with your travel plans. Our staff at the desk really try to help in any way they can. I was sorry to hear about your issues with the vending machines on the floors. I have had them inspected and all are working now. Thanks for bringing that to our attention. We also offer a broader selection of drinks in our hotel gift shop next to the desk for future reference. Thanks again for the review and we hope to have you back again and stay with us!

Riverside, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I would of gave this Hotel 5 Stars except for one thing. I was expecting some sort of breakfast in the morning and that was not the case. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are very nice, as well as the staff. I was just expecting breakfast because at other Hilton brand hotels for the same amount of money that what I get but other than that the hotel is great. I chose this hotel for their rooms and gym as I like to workout and it's hard when you travel. This was quick trip so I wasn't able to actually get to the gym but it looks okay online anyway.

Dear martian76,
Thank you for the review of the hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed the hotel, rooms and staff. I think you would enjoy the fitness center as well as it has weights, treadmills, an elliptical and incline bike as well as a universal type of weight machine. It is small but offers quite a bit. I am sorry we do not offer a free breakfast like some of our other Hilton Family of brands. We do offer an option of a breakfast buffet for $13.95 or a variety of menu options for much less. We do offer complimentary coffee in the lobby each morning as well. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip to the area.

Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Once again, great hotel! We stayed here for one night while traveling from Ohio to Florida and it never fails to impress! Everything was wonderful, from the front desk staff to the room itself! We travelled with two teenagers and the pull out sofa was comfortable for them for the night. Having a separate bedroom was great and the decor was very nice! We have always enjoyed our stay here, and plan to return!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

The room we stayed in featured two large screen LCD TV's hooked to a slightly intimidating cable setup, a really nice desk, a separate bedroom, a couch, easy chair, and coffee tables and a nice king bed, and even a mini-fridge. Everything about the room was first class. Our only disappointment was that you need to be a Hilton rewards member to get the free WiFi, so we didn't bother until we hit McDonald's later the next day. The rate was excellent for a room this nice though. Beautiful hotel throughout. Tiny indoor pool is not even as big as a two car garage though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Rapidcad,
Thank you for the nice review and description of your room from your recent stay. I am so glad you found everything to be first class! I am sorry there was some confusion about the free wi-fi, as it is free for all guests and not just Hilton HHonors members. Our Gold and Diamond HHonors members do receive some extra perks like free breakfast, but everyone has access to the internet for free as well as free access in our business center. I am sorry you did not know that and had to wait to get online. Thanks again for the review and we hope to see you soon.

Kirkwood, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We booked this hotel to break up a long road trip from Florida to Missouri so we had no idea what we were getting. The price was so reasonable that I expected a fairly shabby/dated room. Imagine my surprise when we walked into a very nice lobby with extremely friendly and helpful staff. I was even more surprised when we opened the door to our suite. It was very stylish and extremely functional for a family of four. We booked a one bedroom suite with two double beds. The room was extremely clean and quiet. The beds were extremely comfortable as was all of the furniture. It was such a nice way to break up or 12 hour drive - a peaceful night of sleep in an amazing suite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Love this place! I always stay here on business - which is a week at a time and usually once a month. It feels like home and l love having a "living room" and a "bedroom". It's spacious to work and hang out and still feel like you are retreating to bed when it's time. Also, it's usually the lowest rate in town - at least based on my company travel website. The fitness center is pretty good, the food/room service is usually great, and the staff always welcomes me when I come back (whether they recognize me I don't know - it's probably in the computer - but still nice!). My only complaint is that during morning rush hour it's a challenge to get out since you pretty much have to turn left any way you slice it. That's not enough to deter me though :) I like have the highway as close access, most of my clients are in Brentwood and you are close to a host of eateries and grocery stores if you prefer to stock your fridge. Comfy bed! One of the better Hilton properties in my opinion, so thanks!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites? Share your experiences!