“Decent hotel for business travelers” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Gainesville, Florida
“Decent hotel for business travelers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel over 15 times in the past one year. All my visits have been for business. Friendly concierge staff, decent bar, great lounge space to have business meetings/ chats at the hotel, clean beds and bathroom, good breakfast bar with grill (free if you are a Hilton Gold and up member), free parking and free wifi.

The best part (surprised!) is the in house dining. They have excellent vegetarian options as well - their Portobello Mushroom entree and Vegetable Wellington are one of the best I have eaten.

Cons:
1. Book well in advance since this hotel is quite popular for regular business travelers and convention/ conference attendees.
2. When the hotel is hosting conferences, it gets a bit too crowded and noisy in the lounge area.

Room Tip: Pick the top most floors...preferably, in the 450's for a quiet night and a great view. Usually...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Globetrekker007,
Thank you for your evaluation of our hotel and the great tips. We do get a lot of business travellers that enjoy the complimentary amenities you mention as well as the bar and dining options. Our atrium can be louder if we have a large group using it and the rooms down the hallways do tend to be quieter at those times. The fourth floor does allow for some nicer views of the rolling hills around the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed a couple of options off of our new menu as well. Thanks again for the comments and we hope to see you soon.

Tom Rybak, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here while attending a weekend event at Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. The hotel is only minutes away. The suite was spacious, clean and the staff was accommodating. Breakfast tastes as good as it smells.

• Stayed August 2012
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear CheesyM,
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your suite and the staff. We are just a short drive to Cheekwood and that is a popular destination for our guests. Thanks again for the review. We hope to see you soon.

Durham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I wish we'd had more time to enjoy this hotel. We drove from Dallas to Nashville with a bit too long looking for food in Memphis, so we arrived just after 11PM. We dropped our bags and headed into Nashville to meet some of the Nashville Grizzlies at a local bar.

Though we were just dropping our bags, I was blown away by the space. Huge! Bigger than my old apartment. You enter a large room, probably about the size of a nice hotel room. It has a dining area and a wetbar/fridge and then a living room with flat screen television.

One door off the main room leads to a large bath with comfortable fixtures and an ample closet.

The other door from the living area leads to the cozy bedroom with lovely furnishings, a king size bed, and another flat screen television. Another door leads back into the bath.

Our room had a little quirk that we found charming. The door-frame in the bath room had a mustache sticker on it. We left it. I hope all who enjoy this suite do the same.

Only two minor issues with the room:
-The coffee maker seemed busted. It leaked water pretty much everywhere.
-We could hear a domestic dispute in the suite next to us, complete with slamming doors. Hopefully not a regular occurrence.

This was such a comfortable hotel. If it had been IN Nashville, it would have been even better. As it is, the commute into town isn't bad, really. And it is comfy!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear EdRockster,
I am so glad you enjoyed your brief stay with us and thank you for the great description of our large suites! We get a lot of comments on the spaciousness of all of our suites. We are glad you enjoyed all of the comforts our hotel offers. I do apologize about the coffee maker leaking and the mysterious mustache. I am sure there is a story behind that somewhere but we will be sure to track that down. I also apologize about your noisey neighbors. That is not a regular occurence here so I was a little surprised by that. I do hope you get to return sometime and spend a little longer with us. As you say, we are close to downtown Nashville and also to Franklin so you can visit all Nashville has to offer. Thanks again!

Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very nice hotel, clean and quiet, too. Well designed, and decorated. Helpful staff. Lots of sofas, chairs, tables, and meeting spots around the impressive atrium. Minor complaints were no bathroom night light, which is usually built into the hair dryer these days, a slight musty smell in room, and a entry door that needed adjusted. Overall, good. I'd book it again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
TRybak, General Manager at Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear timetrial,
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed all of our seating areas around the atrium and lobby. We do get a lot of comments of how "cozy" those areas are and convenient for social gatherings or individual meetings. I apologize for the musty smell you encountered and for not having night lights. That is a good suggestion. Hilton requires us to have hand held hair dryers now so the wall mounted ones with the lights have gone away. I will look into other options though. Thanks again and we hope you get to stay with us again.

Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

When I booked this hotel for a business trip I was impressed by the rate and size of the rooms compared to the other options. It looked just like an Embassy Suites and I learned that it was one of eight hotels that Conrad Hilton built before acquiring Embassy Suites. The rooms were nice and spacious with free wi-fi, and the exercise facility had several cardio options and some free weights. The staff was extremely accommodating, even offering to drive me to Starbucks. I would defnitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We enjoyed our stay here. A nice quiet, clean property with friendly service.

Note that the seating area for breakfast is a bit limited so plan ahead if you are pressed for time.

If you are in Nashville for pleasure, note that it is a bit of a hike to the Grand Ole Opry.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

From the moment til I checked in until I left 4 nites later, the staff was wonderful. They could not have been more accommodating. The rooms were immaculate. The bed was very comfortable . The buffet breakfast included made to order eggs, waffles, etc. I would highly recommend staying here. The rooms are so quiet you don't hear any of your neighbor's noise. It is only a 15 to 20 minute drive from downtown Nashville and right next to Franklin, Tennessee (which is a cute, historic town). They do have an indoor pool; but my group of friends wish it were an outdoor pool. I know Hilton only has a few of these "suites" hotels; and I will definitely book one again if it is in the vicinity of where my trip is planned.

Room Tip: Pick a room towards the end of the hall away from the elevators. This hotel has a very nice atrium.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear gerrynendick,
That you for the great review. You summed it up better than I could. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Tom Rybak, CHA

Been to Hilton Brentwood/Nashville Suites? Share your experiences!