“100+ Full Family Members!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Columbia, Tennessee
“100+ Full Family Members!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Travis worked with me putting together 2 meals for 100+ family members at Edwin Warrner park. My main concerns were 1) not having enough food 2) that it would taste like we were having the same meal twice & 3) we would be outside at a park. Travis assured me I had nothing to worry about. Oh my gosh was he ever right! We had so much food left over people ate it for lunch the next day! We had pulled pork & chicken for lunch that O.J. severed like a pro. Everyone was still talking about lunch when O.J. showed up with dinner! The beef brisket & smoked turkey was a big hit, everyone was full with plenty of food left over. The set-up to keep the food warm & serve it worked really well, it was like being in the restaurant! Corky's had everything under control from the chaffing dishes to cake plates. All 100+ of us thank you Corky's!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chesapeake, Virginia
“Love the food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My family and I travel all over the country and try the food. BBQ in TENN is a must. Corky's in Brentwood is awesome.

Yes I know it is a chain - but this place is different. (have tried others) Why?

The staff is friendly and when they come out and show and tell you all about the food - it is even better. There is "pride" in what they serve.

Rib meat falls off the bone! Sauces you must try. We liked the Apple and spicy versions the best.

Recommend to have it half and half for those who have not had "Corky's" before.

Will return.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Foxboro, Massachusetts
“Flavorful ribs, tender meat and FRIED CORN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

The fried corn on the cob was outstanding as well as the meat. The cornbread was so-so, but everything else was wonderful. We ended up having two servers who just graduated from Berklee school of music and we are musicians from Boston, so we had a wonderful chat of what a small world it was.

Visited June 2014
Pensacola, Florida
“Hitting on all cylinders”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Group of 25, in and out family style, excellent service, great BBQ. Highly recommended. We were on a tight schedule and they accommodated us in a private room and we were done in 45 minutes. Well done!

Visited June 2014
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Great ribs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ate here last weekend at the suggestion of an old college friend ... I was in the area for a family celebration, but was taking the time to visit with the friend. He had pointed out that it wouldn't be "like NC barbecue" but I would have been surprised to find anything like Wilber's or Parker's or the Skylight Inn anywhere outside of eastern North Carolina. This location was convenient to my hotel, and very easy for me to find. The parking lot is not terribly big, but I found a spot up the hill; finding the entrance for dine-in service was also a bit of a challenge, and involved my actually walking almost all the way around the building. However, the smells coming from inside whetted my appetite.
When my friend arrived, we were quickly seated, somewhat close to the stage, where a couple of singers were entertaining the lunch crowd. However, we were easily able to hear each other without shouting to be heard over the music, so that was fine. I chose the ribs, and when I hesitated over which rub to choose, the waiter offered "half & half"? That was an excellent suggestion. I picked apples & collards as my sides. The ribs were delicious (I took half with me for later), and the apples were perfection. As a matter of personal preference, I'd have liked for the collards to have been more finely chopped, but they were seasoned just right. My friend devoured his meal while we talked. Our drinks were kept filled, and we didn't have to remind the waiter which of us was drinking sweet tea and which, unsweet.
I have since recommended Corky's to another friend whose son will be attending Belmont University this fall.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere