“Best ribs I have ever had!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Best ribs I have ever had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had the muddy ribs, a dry rub then sauced and put back on the grill to carmelize. They were delicious! We also had a wonderful dinner salad and the puled pork was amazing. If youre in Nashville, it is well worth it to visit.

Visited February 2013

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Okay, but Whitt's is better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Too bad Charlie Nickens is gone, but the fried pickles are great. Didn't have the ribs, maybe would have been good, pulled pork was not up to snuff

Visited February 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good BBQ quick”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Was looking for a non-fast food place to get something to take back to my room. This place had a sit-down menu with a drive-thru window. I got the BBQ chicken with BBQ baked beans and a cornbread type casserole. Very good chicken and good sauce...but they didnt give me much extra sauce for dipping. Also cost me $15 for the dinner...which included a roll and the drink. Good stuff but expensive for take out.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Maybe it's just me...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Corky's came highly recommended by several locals when I requested "authentic" Tennessee BBQ. Afficionados will be quick to point out that BBQ changes as one moves from East to West in Tennessee, and I learned this as well.

It was early on a Sunday evening, so the fact that there was no atmosphere cannot really be blamed on the restaurant.

When the service finally found me at my table, it was very friendly and helpful. He talked me out of a full rack which was great advice considering I didn't even finish the half rack.

Started with chicken wings in the house barbeque sauce. Average quality chicken, though the wings were large. The sauce was brilliant, though.

Had a half rack of Memphis-style dry ribs with fried okra and Southern style green beans. The okra was delicious; the green beans were interesting but not to my taste - but that could be just me; and while the ribs were cooked very well, they were not to my taste. The rub could have used more salt and acid. Again - perhaps that is just the way Memphis style dry ribs are supposed to be, but I would have preferred the flavour dial cranked a lot higher.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Dry Pulled Pork”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were going thru town and really wanted some good BBQ and Corky's was recommended by our hotel clerk. The service was great and one person tha chicken and thought it was good. However I had the pulled pork it was dry and tasted old to me what a disappointment. I would try it aging but would ask how long the product had been sitting around.

• Visited January 2013