“Great Fried Chicken with a bit of Kick” 5 of 5 stars

471 Old Hickory Blvd, Brentwood, TN
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 114 Restaurants in Brentwood
Cuisines: American
“Great Fried Chicken with a bit of Kick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This location has been open since October 2012. Having eaten at the Gus's in Memphis too many times to count and also at the Collierville location, I consider myself a "Gus's expert". There were a few bumps in the road initially for this location (like any new restaurant), but I am happy to report those bumps are nothing but history! This chicken has just a wee bit of a kick. I don't like hot and spicy foods, but this, I love! The sides are simple but yummy. With a choice of two sides I have trouble deciding between the slaw, beans, greens, and mac & cheese. There are other sides, but those are my favorites. It's nothing fancy, but it's really great fried chicken!!!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“I love GUS chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

When Nashville finally got a GUS Chicken it was like the best thing ever this place is great !! Like its like heaven on earth with the chicken that they have there customer service is really good too !! So people have to try there chicken

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Franklin
“How in the world did they get on Drive-Ins, Diners and Dives?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

There was nothing about this place that would make me go again. First when you walk in there is no one to greet you so I walked up to the counter to order. Only after I paid did the young lady tell me that this was for to go orders only.

She was sweet to me and brought me my food but I was sitting in an area served by waitress's so it was somewhat awkward.

I must say if this is Hot & Spicy chicken that my taste buds have gotten a lot tougher. There was nothing spicy about it. The chicken wing I got was devoid of meat, cool and greasy. The breast was puny and overcooked.

The waitress did refill my $2.25 drink once. I don't blame her because I was not really her customer.

Maybe the "mother ship" in Memphis is better because they have been quite successful down there. Give me Church's or KFC any day.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
NE Texas
“Love Me Some Gus's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

So excited that Gus's has branched out to Nashville! Gus's in Memphis was always on the agenda during road trip to Nashville!
Love their cooked to order chicken! Just the right amount of spice. A must have is the fried pickles!!
I will be back next month! Can't wait!!

Visited April 2013
WI
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is new for the Brentwood/Nashville TN area, but is well known in Memphis. The food was great.....some of the best chicken we've had with just a touch of spiciness. The restaurant itself is very 'down home' and laid back, but the staff is fabulous. They were extremely attentive and welcoming. We will definitely go there on our next visit.

• Visited March 2013