“Peaceful location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Chennai (Madras), India
“Peaceful location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a month as part of my business trip
- Very friendly staff
- Clean hotel
- Quiet a few restaurants near by
- Lift is located far away from many room, use stairs
- Lot of business meetup happens in this hotel

Room Tip: Pool view is good
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your review of our property. We hope than you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you back to Brentwood. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Average Courtyard location.

The good, it is right off the interstate and has a bunch of restaurants to choose from very close by, also there is a Walgreens within walking distance.

Check in went great, the lobby was nice and cozy. The staff was accommodating with our request to have a room away from the kid's sporting teams that were staying there.

The room was decent sized with a small balcony. The walls are thin, you can hear people in the next room talking and the doors slamming.

The a/c was very loud in our room, like jet engine sounds.
There is only one elevator in the entire hotel and it is on the back side. If you arrive back to the hotel late, you will be walking.

My biggest issues with this hotel was the shower. It would go from normal, to scalding hot to freezing cold, numerous times during the shower.

We had breakfast at the birsto, the croissants were huge, although a bit costly!

Overall, decent place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our Review regarding your recent stay. Our customer feedback is very important to us and it is through comments such as yours that we are able to correct our shortcomings.

I truly apologize for your poor experience, as it is evident from your comments that our hotel was not up to our traditional Marriott standard. The room you stayed in has been removed from our inventory to investigate and resolve the maintenance issue you experienced. Please be assured that your concerns have been addressed with the appropriate associates to ensure this does not reoccur.

Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I visited Nashville over the Thanksgiving Holidays and stayed at this hotel from November 26 thru November 30, 2014. The hotel is an older Marriott (I believe being built sometime in the 1980's) but it has been renovated. I will give the property's pros first: the front desk personnel were friendly and helpful; the Bistro (which was located in the lobby) served tasty food although it was a little pricey; and the establishment was clean. Our room, which was located on the second floor, was very clean and cozy, but here is where the problem arises - the second floor. We had 4 pieces of large luggage, a laptop, and assorted other bags containing gifts we had brought the family. There is only one (1) elevator on this property (a 3-floor hotel) and it's located on the back side of the building (not in the lobby). It took a while to locate one of the two luggage trolleys, which was in one of the stairwells on the first floor. Our room was located on the front side of the building right next to the stairwell near the front desk, so we had to travel from the back of the hotel to the front (which is quite a walk) each time we left the room. This was really the only complaint I have for this property. Employees - great, Bistro - nice, Cleanliness - great; elevator situation - poor design and location. I would stay at this location again but only if I had a room on the first floor.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor. The elevator is not convenient.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Bjorn K, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Pat,

Thank you for your honest feedback around our hotel. While we can not do much to change our elevator location we can certainly make finding a luggage cart our responsibility and not yours. Please feel free to reach out to any of our associates in the future if you have any needs that we can provide assistance for. I will pass on your kind words about our employees to them. If you are booking with us in the future please feel free to reach out to me and I can try to block you on the first floor. Thank you again for your time and we hope to see you again soon!

-Bjorn
Operations Manager
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first trip to the Nashville area. Went for 3 nts of business and stayed at this hotel. 1st floor Bistro had nice food options and a lot of restaurants close by. Close to highway. Room was good sized. Clean. Probably more of a business hotel, than a family vacation spot.

Room Tip: FYI that elevator oddly seemed to be at one end of the hotel. Front desk pointed me to my room and...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review for our property. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the staff here as well as share your feedback around elevator with the appropriate team.

We hope to see you again soon.

Bjorn
Operations Manager
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Good location for business. Decent wifi, good bed, quiet location. Otherwise very average at best. Decor a little tired and facilities worn (phone charger wouldn't stay in any outlet because they were all too worn and too old). Barely adequate breakfast options, and very pricey at that. Good staff service. Adequately clean. Near several dining options.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, November 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor Review. We are sorry that your stay was less than perfect. Thank you for your comments about our staff.

CHRISTOPHER MOODY
Courtyard by Marriott Brentwood
christopher.j.moody@marriott.com
Milford, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

We stayed here the weekend of 10/17-10/19 coming from Cincinnati for the Music City Invitational Soccer Tournament. Check in was fast, easy and the staff was very nice. The lobby was nice....offered food and beverages. The rooms were real nice, clean, spacious, and the bathroom was nice. Great location to tons of food options, and easy access to downtown. The only thing that kept me from giving it a 5/5 was the walls seemed thin in the bathroom. I could here one of the other players parents in their bathroom from mine like they were standing next to me. Not a deal breaker, and would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor Review. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Nashville Brentwood was enjoyable. Thank you for your comments about our staff.

CHRISTOPHER MOODY
Courtyard by Marriott Brentwood
christopher.j.moody@marriott.com
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2014

I got this room through Priceline's Name Your Own Price, and I picked the 3-star upscale moderate rating to make sure I would have free internet and a clean place to stay. For the money and supposed 3-star upscale rating, I expected more I guess. First, there was no complimentary tea/coffee in the lobby, and I was looking forward to a cup of tea before bed time. When I checked in and asked them if it would be ok to leave my car out front while I put my bags in my room, the staff could have informed me that the elevator and my room were on the opposite side of the sprawling complex, especially after I told them I had worked all day and driven for 6 hours.

The room itself was nice, especially the desk area where I ended up doing my conference call the next morning, but it wasn't much nicer than the rooms I've stayed in with Hampton/Hilton Garden Inns. Again, no complimentary tea/coffee, so I made the long trek back to the lobby to get a mocha from the "Starbucks" cafe, which is usually my favorite place to get mochas, and I really needed the caffeine that morning. Worst mocha ever!

The business area looked nice with some printers set up, but it was too far away from my room so I didn't use it.

Just wasn't a great experience for what was supposed to be a nicer hotel, and I will stick with the Hilton family from now on.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Trophy Girl,

I apologize that you recent visit was less than satisfactory. Please let me know the next time you travel to the brentwood area and I would like to offer you a complimentary Mocha to make up for the experience you had. This sort of experience is not typical of Marrott or of our hotel and we would like a chance to regain your trust. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with the best possible experience. Thank you for your review so that we may improve upon our service in the future.

Sincerley,

615-493-7282

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood? Share your experiences!