“Meh...prefer Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn for same price range” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Internet Access
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Pensacola, Florida
“Meh...prefer Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn for same price range”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I got this room through Priceline's Name Your Own Price, and I picked the 3-star upscale moderate rating to make sure I would have free internet and a clean place to stay. For the money and supposed 3-star upscale rating, I expected more I guess. First, there was no complimentary tea/coffee in the lobby, and I was looking forward to a cup of tea before bed time. When I checked in and asked them if it would be ok to leave my car out front while I put my bags in my room, the staff could have informed me that the elevator and my room were on the opposite side of the sprawling complex, especially after I told them I had worked all day and driven for 6 hours.

The room itself was nice, especially the desk area where I ended up doing my conference call the next morning, but it wasn't much nicer than the rooms I've stayed in with Hampton/Hilton Garden Inns. Again, no complimentary tea/coffee, so I made the long trek back to the lobby to get a mocha from the "Starbucks" cafe, which is usually my favorite place to get mochas, and I really needed the caffeine that morning. Worst mocha ever!

The business area looked nice with some printers set up, but it was too far away from my room so I didn't use it.

Just wasn't a great experience for what was supposed to be a nicer hotel, and I will stick with the Hilton family from now on.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Trophy Girl,

I apologize that you recent visit was less than satisfactory. Please let me know the next time you travel to the brentwood area and I would like to offer you a complimentary Mocha to make up for the experience you had. This sort of experience is not typical of Marrott or of our hotel and we would like a chance to regain your trust. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with the best possible experience. Thank you for your review so that we may improve upon our service in the future.

Sincerley,

615-493-7282

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We tend to stay in Courtyards when traveling on business, and their predictability is one of the draws. However, some do stand out for certain things. This hotel was super clean, and the staff very friendly. The location was great for our meetings, with a lot of restaurants nearby. It is nice the room had a balcony, even though I did not use it. They also had big fluffy towels, not the thin ones typically seen in Courtyards, and lotion was included in the amenities. Overall, very good stay

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate your feedback. Great comments like yours keep our team motivated to provide the very best service possible.
We hope that you will return on your next visit to the area.

AGM
Franklin, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brentwood TN Courtyard by Marriott has a nice lobby with interactive displays and cool lounge area with nooks and big TV screens. Check in was in seconds. Friendly staff. Room was comfortable and clean. HD TV was nice plus.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
We hope that you will return on your next visit to the area.

AGM
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in, during 2 weeks road trip. Good location. Good neighborhood (mix between offices and upper middle class houses). Very clean, up-to-date room with a balcony facing to the pool.

They brew starbucks coffee in their restaurant but you can't use your starbucks card to pay for it. But there is a starbucks store nearby 1/2 mile away, near Publix supermarket, Chili's, Pei Wei, Moes southwest grill. O'Charley is across the street. Target store is nearby too.

The pool is nice and clean, Nice patio furniture. Well maintained landscaping in and outside the hotel. Enjoy your quiet afternoon surrounding with beautiful flowers. Was so tempted to use the gym, not enough time.

No Free breakfast. But the in-house restaurant serve breakfast. or go to McDonald, next door.

Wish we had Chris again to check us out. He is very friendly and helpful. The guy (resident manager) who checked us out was not too friendly.

Would love to stay here again if we pass Nashville next time.

Room Tip: Get the room with balcony facing to the pool
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Mrs. Miggiani,

Thank you for your comments about our staff, location, and our property.

CHRISTOPHER MOODY
Courtyard by Marriott Brentwood
christopher.j.moody@marriott.com
Tupelo, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Were in town for Wild West Comedy Festival - -didn't want to pay high downtown price. This Courtyard was great - -if you have kids -it backs up to pool with patio door - -location is great - -shopping and eating near by. Neighborhood is awesome. You are 1/4 a mile to interstate and about 10 minutes to downtown. Nice/Clean/ and everyone was friendly. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
ScribFam,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return the next time you travel to the Nashville area. Have a great summer!

Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a nice hotel, overall, but the weekend that we were there the hotel was packed with student teams for some tournament. My husband had recently had knee surgery, so we should have asked for a downstairs room ahead of time, but we ran into a problem that I have never seen at a Marriott property before.

This hotel only has two elevators, one at the end of each corridor, with no elevators near either end of the lobby, so if you aren't staying right next to the elevator and you are on the second floor, you have a long walk. Additionally, when we were there the exterior door next to the elevator on our end wasn't working so we had to walk, basically from one end of the hotel to the other and then back again, to to get our luggage up into our room. Due to the lack of elevators, their were a lot of kids and young people running up and down the stairs, but I didn't see any seniors doing it. If you are OK with running up and down the stairs with your luggage in tow then this property might work for you. But for us, and many seniors, this hotel, unlike most Marriott properties, won't be a good fit.

We are Gold Elite with Marriott but that was ignored (or missed) by the desk clerk who checked us in (no upgrade no elite key, nothing but second class treatment.). My husband tried, with the scarcity of elevators and the broken door, to get a room downstairs, but the clerk just said no, he couldn't. We prefer a King but I called him back from our King Room and offered to take two doubles instead of the King to get a room my husband could walk to. The desk clerks reply was "Oh we have to save that room for if someone with more than two people comes in". So ... it was mid-afternoon, everyone with reservations hadn't checked in yet, we are Gold Elite, we were staying two nights, we are seniors, my husband is now in pain, and the desk clerk won't give us a downstairs room because someone who is paying a cheap group rate and hasn't even checked in yet might want the room instead.

It went downhill from there. I don't blame the hotel for the smoke alarm fire drill that ran us all out of our beds about 2:00 am, or the hour or so of lost sleep that we experienced because of it. It was tough, especially since my husband had to deal with those **** stairs, I don't think it was the hotels fault, I think it was one of their preferred, team guests.

The final disappointment for me was when I happened to meet the GM on our last day. He asked me about our stay and when he caught my hesitation he asked and I explained. He did NOTHING except to remind me that I should have told them ahead of time that we needed a downstairs room. He had many options to let us know he cared that we had a negative experience but he chose to take our full price payment and barely offer his condolences to us.

I don't like writing negative reviews so I have put off writing this one , but as a loyal Marriott fan I can't get past how this property let us down. The person at the front desk didn't handle the situation well, but the fault lies with management as there wasn't a manager available to us when we checked in or anytime that evening.

The last straw was when we were about to check out and we decided to pick up a cup of coffee in the lobby on the way and they wanted something like $6 a cup for plain coffee. Are you kidding me?

There are many better options in the Brentwood/Nashville area and we have moved on to them. I do not recommend this one!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear LifeABanquet,

Thank you for sharing your review of our property online. It seems your stay did not meet our typical Marriott standard. I would like to formally apologize for that. Please know that everything we do is aimed at providing you with the best possible guest experience. We ask that you call and give us another chance the next time that you travel to Brentwood, so that we may make this up to you. We hope that you have a great week.

Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I needed a place to stay overnight, it was a last minute booking. I was some what in a rush when checking in, the agent was friendly but very slow. The room was decent and clean but I didn't care for the sliding glass doors giving access from the outside of the room. I didn't use any of the amenities other than the computer and printer in the lobby. The wi-fi was very confusing and asked for payment so I didn't utilize that service, I ate at O'Charleys for dinner and picked up McDonald's for breakfast the next morning, so not sure if breakfast was available. Upon check in was told about happy hour from 5-7, and of course, I had a previous engagement during that time so I did not go,
The amount I paid for 1 night was over priced for this type of accommodation, but it was a busy weekend in Nashville and they were the only place in Brentwood that had last minute availability so I took it! I had to be at a local university very early the next morning and the location was close to this hotel, so location was great. This hotel is good for a last minute booking, when no other area hotel is available!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Renee,
Thank you for your comments about how you liked the location of the property. I hope that you will visit us again when you return to Nashville. Have a great week.
615-493-7282

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood? Share your experiences!