“Love this hotel, beautifully landscaped” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Brentwood
Syracuse, New York
“Love this hotel, beautifully landscaped”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is one of the best hotels we stayed in, during 2 weeks road trip. Good location. Good neighborhood (mix between offices and upper middle class houses). Very clean, up-to-date room with a balcony facing to the pool.

They brew starbucks coffee in their restaurant but you can't use your starbucks card to pay for it. But there is a starbucks store nearby 1/2 mile away, near Publix supermarket, Chili's, Pei Wei, Moes southwest grill. O'Charley is across the street. Target store is nearby too.

The pool is nice and clean, Nice patio furniture. Well maintained landscaping in and outside the hotel. Enjoy your quiet afternoon surrounding with beautiful flowers. Was so tempted to use the gym, not enough time.

No Free breakfast. But the in-house restaurant serve breakfast. or go to McDonald, next door.

Wish we had Chris again to check us out. He is very friendly and helpful. The guy (resident manager) who checked us out was not too friendly.

Would love to stay here again if we pass Nashville next time.

Room Tip: Get the room with balcony facing to the pool
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Mrs. Miggiani,

Thank you for your comments about our staff, location, and our property.

CHRISTOPHER MOODY
Courtyard by Marriott Brentwood
christopher.j.moody@marriott.com

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tupelo, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Were in town for Wild West Comedy Festival - -didn't want to pay high downtown price. This Courtyard was great - -if you have kids -it backs up to pool with patio door - -location is great - -shopping and eating near by. Neighborhood is awesome. You are 1/4 a mile to interstate and about 10 minutes to downtown. Nice/Clean/ and everyone was friendly. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
ScribFam,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return the next time you travel to the Nashville area. Have a great summer!

Huntsville, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is a nice hotel, overall, but the weekend that we were there the hotel was packed with student teams for some tournament. My husband had recently had knee surgery, so we should have asked for a downstairs room ahead of time, but we ran into a problem that I have never seen at a Marriott property before.

This hotel only has two elevators, one at the end of each corridor, with no elevators near either end of the lobby, so if you aren't staying right next to the elevator and you are on the second floor, you have a long walk. Additionally, when we were there the exterior door next to the elevator on our end wasn't working so we had to walk, basically from one end of the hotel to the other and then back again, to to get our luggage up into our room. Due to the lack of elevators, their were a lot of kids and young people running up and down the stairs, but I didn't see any seniors doing it. If you are OK with running up and down the stairs with your luggage in tow then this property might work for you. But for us, and many seniors, this hotel, unlike most Marriott properties, won't be a good fit.

We are Gold Elite with Marriott but that was ignored (or missed) by the desk clerk who checked us in (no upgrade no elite key, nothing but second class treatment.). My husband tried, with the scarcity of elevators and the broken door, to get a room downstairs, but the clerk just said no, he couldn't. We prefer a King but I called him back from our King Room and offered to take two doubles instead of the King to get a room my husband could walk to. The desk clerks reply was "Oh we have to save that room for if someone with more than two people comes in". So ... it was mid-afternoon, everyone with reservations hadn't checked in yet, we are Gold Elite, we were staying two nights, we are seniors, my husband is now in pain, and the desk clerk won't give us a downstairs room because someone who is paying a cheap group rate and hasn't even checked in yet might want the room instead.

It went downhill from there. I don't blame the hotel for the smoke alarm fire drill that ran us all out of our beds about 2:00 am, or the hour or so of lost sleep that we experienced because of it. It was tough, especially since my husband had to deal with those **** stairs, I don't think it was the hotels fault, I think it was one of their preferred, team guests.

The final disappointment for me was when I happened to meet the GM on our last day. He asked me about our stay and when he caught my hesitation he asked and I explained. He did NOTHING except to remind me that I should have told them ahead of time that we needed a downstairs room. He had many options to let us know he cared that we had a negative experience but he chose to take our full price payment and barely offer his condolences to us.

I don't like writing negative reviews so I have put off writing this one , but as a loyal Marriott fan I can't get past how this property let us down. The person at the front desk didn't handle the situation well, but the fault lies with management as there wasn't a manager available to us when we checked in or anytime that evening.

The last straw was when we were about to check out and we decided to pick up a cup of coffee in the lobby on the way and they wanted something like $6 a cup for plain coffee. Are you kidding me?

There are many better options in the Brentwood/Nashville area and we have moved on to them. I do not recommend this one!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear LifeABanquet,

Thank you for sharing your review of our property online. It seems your stay did not meet our typical Marriott standard. I would like to formally apologize for that. Please know that everything we do is aimed at providing you with the best possible guest experience. We ask that you call and give us another chance the next time that you travel to Brentwood, so that we may make this up to you. We hope that you have a great week.

Clarksville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

I needed a place to stay overnight, it was a last minute booking. I was some what in a rush when checking in, the agent was friendly but very slow. The room was decent and clean but I didn't care for the sliding glass doors giving access from the outside of the room. I didn't use any of the amenities other than the computer and printer in the lobby. The wi-fi was very confusing and asked for payment so I didn't utilize that service, I ate at O'Charleys for dinner and picked up McDonald's for breakfast the next morning, so not sure if breakfast was available. Upon check in was told about happy hour from 5-7, and of course, I had a previous engagement during that time so I did not go,
The amount I paid for 1 night was over priced for this type of accommodation, but it was a busy weekend in Nashville and they were the only place in Brentwood that had last minute availability so I took it! I had to be at a local university very early the next morning and the location was close to this hotel, so location was great. This hotel is good for a last minute booking, when no other area hotel is available!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Renee,
Thank you for your comments about how you liked the location of the property. I hope that you will visit us again when you return to Nashville. Have a great week.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms were clean. The beds were pretty comfy. The bathtub could've been whiter. The rooms have entrances located where you parked your car. And you do need a car. There's a McDonald's right next door that you can walk to, another restaurant across the street and a Walgreens. Close to the highway so you can get where you want to go.

• Stayed April 2014
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Keynah,
Thank you for your review of our property and for highlighting some things you enjoyed about your stay. We hope you will visit us again when your travels bring you back to Brentwood, TN. Have a great week!

Christopher J. Moody
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

There is nothing different about this Courtyard that sets it apart from others, but it is well maintained, has a nice area outside to relax by the pool, and the service is always friendly.
We were here for a concert in downtown Nashville, so only interested in a nice, comfortable,
hotel to spend the night at a reasonable price. It delivered on all counts.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Sandy,

Thank you for your nice comments about our staff and hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback and I will be sure and share your comments with my team. I hope that you will visit us again the next time that you travel to Nashville.

Suffolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had a late flight into Nashville, attempted to check into our room at 11:45 PM. Was told we would need to wait for a few minutes as they were just finishing cleaning our room. Who cleans a room at midnight. Waited about 15 minutes and then went to our room. There was a gentleman cleaning our room, he was very polite but cleaning a room at midnight did not seem normal. When we did get into our room, there were no trash cans, the bathtub was clogged and there was a hair pick on the floor next to our bed. The bed didn't not have a comforter only the white cover. Very frustrated to say the least. When my husband went out into the lobby to get something he heard the front desk attendant and the gentleman cleaning our room talking about us. We did ask to be moved for our remaining nights (we were staying 5) and was moved to a room on the second floor. It was much better with none of the problems we had with the first room. The location was convenient as others have stated, the barista was very accommodating as we went to get coffee about 15 minutes before they opened, but she went ahead and fixed our coffee. It was a very bumpy start to our business trip, but did end better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Christopher M, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Sandy,

I would like to take this opportunity to formaly apologize for your experience. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with a clean room and exceptional customer service. I apologize that your room was not cleaned properly upon check in. I will follow up with my team to ensure this sort of thing does not happen again. Please call me the next time you travel to Nashville and I will personally ensure that you have a great stay. I am glad that the rest of your stay was more pleasant than the first night. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time that you travel to Brentwood.

615-493-7282

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood? Share your experiences!