“Clean hotel in a good location for Nashville attractions” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Clean hotel in a good location for Nashville attractions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

If you aren't going to stay downtown my first preference is to stay in the Vanderbilt area. The
Rices were much better in Brentwood so we stayed here. It is just 15 minutes from Vanderbilt and the same to Franklin and the Natchez trace area where we spent some time. The staff was friendly and the workout room better than some. They must have gotten a couple of new machines since past reviews. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Binghamton, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

After looking at reviews on the internet we felt this was a good option for visiting Nashville without paying the prices to stay 'downtown'. Next time, we'll splurge and just stay downtown. Ironically, another person that gave this location a poor review on the Marriott Rewards Insiders website (which I found AFTER our visit) stayed in the room directly under ours - Room 359 - and they too had problems with BUGS. We were there for four nights and we killed a bug for each of the nights we stayed there. Housekeeping was shoddy at best, non-existent at worse. Yes, one day when we came back to the hotel our room in fact had not been serviced. That is one of the perks of staying at a hotel, isn't it? When I went to the front desk to report that our room had not been serviced, the first question the clerk there asked me was "Did you leave your do not disturb sign out" So, apparently, beyond poor housekeeping, they take an approach at this location that they are always right and it must be the fault of the customer if something goes wrong. No, in fact, our do not disturb sign was not left out. Furthermore, the day prior when it was left out - the housekeeper ignored it, knocked once on the door, and then proceeded to try and enter the room. The general upkeep and cleanliness of the room was suspect as well (probably with the intermittent housekeeping this location utilizes). The floor in the bathroom actually had what appeared to be cobwebs along the floor in one corner (easily remedied with this thing called a mop), the tub was poorly cleaned, and the carpet could have used a good vacuuming as well (all of which may take care of the bug issue in this room). This location epitomizes the saying "you get what you pay for", and no matter how inexpensive a location is compared to others in the area no one should have to deal with BUGS or shoddy housekeeping when the Marriott name is on the outside.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sugarcreek, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed one night at Courtyard Marriot at Brentwood in September 2013. I was in town for Jon Acuff's START Conference. I arrived in the morning after driving 500 miles. Normal check in is in the afternoon, but the manager, Scott Faircloth gave me a room in short order and I was set.

This was my first visit at Marriott.

The most impressive factor of this experience was how EVERYONE at the front gave a royal treatment and professional greetings and genuine helpfulness. It seemed like I was staying at a resort, for how loving and genuine this team was. I believe the high standard is set by Manager Scott Faircloth. He had time. He was present. He was genuine. Others at the front were Biorn and Ashley. Both genuine and so hospitable! I spoke to Heiba, the lady who gets the rooms in tip top shape... also friendly.

I have visited places where people were friendly, but this place had the genuine service, hospitality, and love integrated into the very fiber of their existence. Thanks Marriott Brentwood. I hope to see you again!

Room Tip: One tip: I am not just being kind and optimistic about the place. My business is marketing and commu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

As I walked through the door, the staff warmly greeted me, even though it was a busy period. They allowed me to check in even though I was early. The room was clean and smelled wonderful. I needed to print off some documents and the business center was able to accommodate my need.
The lobby was quite noisy in the evening with a group of people having an informal meeting, but other than that it was quiet. The only thing that frustrated me was that the pool was already closed even though the temps were in the 80's.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Scott F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear JRinDonetsk,
We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay in September and thank your for taking your time to give us a great review. Also, thank you for the feedback about our swimming pool. We will revisit our closure dates for the future to make this more accomodating.

Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Recently stayed two nights with wife and friends at this Courtyard; very nice service, very clean and very modern; definitely would stay here again; easy to get in and out of; O'Charleys restaurant across the street;

Starbucks coffee served in the lobby at a very inexpensive price, something like $2.20 for a grande; enjoyed that;

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Frank S,
Thank you very much for staying with us and your fantastic review. Please let me know the next time you come to Nashville. I want to ensure that your next stay is just as great.

Warm regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Close to where my business meetings were located. There are also several restaurants close by. Friendly staff (both at the front desk and at the café, especially at the café). Nice size room and bathroom that were clean. The bed and pillow are comfortable (I am very picky about this!). A large tv with a decent amount of channels. I had a room on the first floor with a sliding glass door (that didn’t quite shut so cold air was coming in) overlooking the pool with a nice set of chairs and table.
There was a nice coffee bar with mini fridge (I thought there was supposed to be tea too but there wasn’t). A nice size desk.
My only real complaint was the gym was a bit small for the size of the hotel. I was in there both mornings of my stay at 5:15a and was unable to get on any of the machines to work out (1 bike, 2 treadmills) because they were full. They also have weights (which I was able to use). Not sure what ungodly hour I would have to get up in order to be able to use them.
It is a bit expensive for what you are getting especially since you are just in Nashville. If it were my money, I would not have paid for it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Scott F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Nina1940,
Thank you for staying with us and mentioning our great staff in your review. Our team takes great pride in delighting our guests.

Also, thank you for the feedback on the fitness center. We are in the process of adding equipment to better serve all of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a date night away.... We were very pleased with the location, the service, and the cleanliness of the hotel! The breakfast from the Bistro was absolutely delicious!!!! We will definitely stay here again!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Sharrashot,
Thank you for staying with us and the great review. I am happy to see you experienced the great breakfast we offer in The Bistro.

Please let me know when you plan to visit Brentwood again. I want to ensure that your next stay was as great as your last.

Scott Faircloth

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood? Share your experiences!