“Not your best choice” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Brentwood
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not your best choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Sometimes my favorite hotel is booked up and I explore other options when I visit the home office on business a couple times a month. I was hoping with the Marriott rewards program I prefer that this Courtyard would be my new hotel. The breakfast was not included in the price, but the company pays so that's not a deal-breaker, but it was a bit more expensive than my favorite that has a wonderful breakfast bar included.

The room was fine, but nothing special. I stayed in a room facing the parking lot and I'd recommend an interior one instead.

What made this hotel average was the service. There were two employees at podiums upon check-in and I had to wait 5 minutes to be served. One employee was checking in while the other attended to some other business on the computer. Shouldn't a guest come first? The focus of the employees here is not the hospitality I'm used to when I stay at a Marriott.

In the morning there were only two employees taking care of the breakfast rush so service was again slow. The employee helping me did apologize for the wait, explained the staffing was poor and was polite, but I experienced enough of a trend on my first visit to stay elsewhere and let my coworkers know it's not a first choice for our travel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Scott F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
James_Atl,
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I wanted to let you know that since you stayed with us we have made many changes including a rooms renovation and changes to our leadership team.

I relocated to this hotel in December and I brought my passion for service to this team. We would love for you to give us another opportunity on your next trip to the area. I am certain you will be impressed with our new levels of service.

Scott Faircloth

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Manchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The lobby was really nice, but when I got to the room it was just ok. No frig or microwave. No free breakfast. When I finally got connected the free internet worked well. Faster than average. I didn't have a chance to check out the fitness center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Beds were nice and firm, good pillows. I like the modern look of the lobby area but the rooms didn't carry that same look...Not a big deal. I wish there had been a continental breakfast for the price it would have been nice touch. The least they could do was offer a more affordable option than an overpriced Starbucks. I didn't use the hotel soap but my hubby liked the Paul Mitchell stuff.

• Stayed November 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The only reason I stayed here was because all the hotels in Nashville were booked. I am very glad that it happened that way because this was a great hotel! I was only 7-8 minutes south of Nashville. At check in, I was greeted warmly as if they had been waiting on me. Next, the rooms were VERY clean and quiet!! I had no noise issues at all. And I had a wonderful view of the courtyard/pool area. The next morning, I was even more impressed with how the general manager came out to help serve/prepare food at the Cafe Bistro in the lobby as the line was getting longer by the minute. He introduced himself and began helping out. And no, you don't get a free breakfast but that is not what makes a hotel worth your money. I felt comfortable, safe and appreciated as a customer and that matters more to me than a free breakfast. Also, there was no charge for 1 day internet service. I'm not sure what the fee would be for a second day, but I was only there 1 day. My only negative would be the location of the elevators. They are not centrally located and require a bit of a walk to find.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Savoy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is OK but nothing special. It's been remodeled and bathroom area is tight. The reason we go here instead of the Residence Inn nearby is because it has 2Q that accommodate our family better. No complimentary breakfast and frankly have never see anyone eat at the mini breakfast bar.

Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

This Courtyard really needs a renovation. The rooms are now dingy and smelly. No welcome at check-in even though I am a Gold member. And breakfast service is a nightmare at the cafe. After 25 minutes of waiting for breakfast I had to give up and leave and the staff didn't have time to take it off my bill. After four years of consistent visits, I'm going somewhere else.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Husband and I visiting from out of town. Room with king size bed so small. Pillows so flat and cheap. Bed was not comfortable to sleep on. Fitted sheets kept coming off bed, elastic was worn. Comforter had no comfort to it, there was no filling, it too had been washed too much. Staff had no knowledge in advising guest of transportation, malls, other attractions etc.. Coming into lobby nothing directed you to elevators or room numbers which were not in close proximity to front desk, you had to walk which seemed like forever. Needs concierge services and bedding makeover.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Brentwood? Share your experiences!