“Poor service, lack of cleanliness, business unappreciated!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5566 Franklin Pike Circle, Brentwood, TN 37027   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
St. Louis
“Poor service, lack of cleanliness, business unappreciated!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I booked the room for last weekend based on feedback from this website. I should have expected problems when I called the hotel directly, commented on the positive feedback from this website and received a mischievous giggle. Upon arrival to our room, we were greeted with a loud humming noise (possibly a generator or ac unit) coming from the roof above. Thank goodness the noise was less intrusive in the bedroom area of the suite. Saturday was when we were greeted by a multitude of inconveniences. No fruit was available @ breakfast. While blow drying my hair, the dryer would never stay on for more than a few minutes. I went to call the front desk and the phone would not work. I discovered later in the afternoon that the phone had been unplugged. I asked an employee in the hallway to contact the front desk about the blow dryer. After about 15 minutes I did have two employees come up to the room with another dryer. They wanted to install the wall unit right then and there while I was half dressed. I asked that they attend to that after our departure as I was in a hurry. By noon we still had not received maid service, so I asked for additional towels in lieu of service and was told they ran out. We left for the afternoon and our room had been attended to by the time we returned later that evening. That is when we discovered that neither remote would work. We tried aiming them at the tv’s as well as the unit sitting beside the tv’s with no luck. My husband went to the front desk to ask for batteries just in case that was the problem. He was told to come back at 11 p.m. as the front desk employee on duty at 9 p.m. did not have access to the batteries. The room left a lot to be desired. The toilet had not been cleaned in quite some time and the room was overall dingy. I did notice the rumble of the train, but thanks to the noise coming from the roof it was barely noticeable. On the morning of check out I asked the front desk employee to cancel our future reservation for the end of September. I did not get a “thank you for staying with us”, “why are you canceling your next visit?”, “was there anything we could have done to make you stay more pleasant?”…nothing…but a blank stare. I finally asked the employee if she cared why I was canceling and received a half-hearted response. She could care less and that is why we will be staying nearby at the Four Points Sheraton at the end of September. Having a child attending college, the Target next door was convenient. Even though the Sheraton does not offer breakfast, the rate is the same and I would rather visit the nearby Waffle House or Panera Bread compared to the breakfast choices we received at the Holiday Inn Express. Clearly, the reviews on this website are not entirely written by travelers…or by travelers with very low expectations. Cleanliness, friendly employees and a good value are of interest to me and this location was far from meeting those standards.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kelso, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The room was OK but not the best. We were put on the side of the building facing the railroad tracks and interstate so there was a lot of noise. The staff had to leave their smoke breaks several times to to care of other guests and ourselves and when we checked out the front desk clerk took care of the transaction from the front of the counter intsead of going around to the back.

Room Tip: Besure to ask for a room away from the tracks.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stopped at the Holiday Inn Express on a trip from the Chicago area to Destin, Florida. The staff was very friendly and check in only took a minute. The hotel was so clean and very updated. The beds were comfortable. We got a queen suite, which had two queen beds and then another area with a couch and another tv. It was terrific, the couch area was right at the entry way and then the bathroom was in the middle and the bedroom on the other side of the bathroom. Even though there was no door between the bedroom and the couch area, it was separate enough that the rest of my family stayed up watching tv and I was able to fall asleep in the bedroom with no problem.

We brought four bikes with us on the trip, and they fit into the couch area and we still had enough room to sit on the couch to watch tv.

The room had a microwave and mini fridge and coffee maker.

The only negative was that there was not a pool, but the friendly service and spotless rooms made up for that.

The hotel is located right off I-65 and is next to a strip mall with a Panera, Qdoba, Target and some other stores. It is about a one minute walk to Panera, and it was so nice not to have to drive to get dinner.

Room Tip: The queen suite room with the separate couch/tv area is well worth the extra $10 for a family travel...
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Arrogant front desk clerk. When a power outage occurred at the hotel, I asked her if there was a plan for the patrons should power not be restored, and if she had any idea when power would be restored. She replied, “God is in control.” Seriously?!--Unresponsive management! Lack of concern. After multiple call and emails, they refused to reply to my concerns. Train tracks right next to hotel! No rest for the weary.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brentwood, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Not so great. Just a generic room with 2 queen beds. Small room and small bathroom. No fridge. We left the "do not disturb sign" on the door until noon, came back at 6 pm and the room had not been cleaned. I called down to front desk and they sent a maid up. I asked why it had not been cleaned and she said that we had left the sign on the door. I said that the sign had been removed at noon. They emptied the trash and did a quick clean of the bathroom and left. The carpet in the elevators is dirty. The breakfast is awful. I would not stay here again. The front desk people were friendly. This would be a 2 star hotel. The Courtyard by Marriot in Brentwood is a much better option! We stayed there after leaving this place.

Room Tip: no room is good in my opinion.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Richwood, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express is a very clean property and well maintained, very impressed with the desk staff at check in and check out. Executive Suite very roomy, Furnishings could have been nicer in the living room (only a couch and a lamp) but otherwise very nice. Great location easy on and off the expressways. There is no pool in this hotel. ????? Not sure why, Only one I have seen without one. Breakfast was fair, Quality of food has been better at other HIE but was good overall.

Hallway carpet a little to psychedelic for me, but I wasn't staying in the hallway :))

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel i love it ! So clean exelent service I'll back for sure ..

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area

Address: 5566 Franklin Pike Circle, Brentwood, TN 37027
Location: United States > Tennessee > Brentwood
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Brentwood
Hotel Class:2 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area 2*
The newest addition to the Heart of Nashville/Brentwood, is the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville-Brentwood, Cool Springs area, Tennessee! We are conveniently Located to I-65 at Exit 74A, just a short drive to Downtown Nashville, Tennessee. With our World Class Service and many Brentwood Businesses, Restaurants and Attractions within walking distance or minutes from our front door, you’ll discover why our guests have selected us as their Preferred Hotel in Nashville! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brentwood North-Nashville Area, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.